Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 06:03   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_lee
If you are looking for photoshop procedure...its just careful use of selection tool and working with layers.
Hope i answered your question...
Hey lucky_lee,

That is excellent!
Another thing you may try is laying down shapes in flat-colour and then using the dodge and burn tools... you can get some pretty awesome results that way as well!

Would love to see more of your photoshop work and also post the original sketch for this so we can see!

Also, a more detailed explaination of your photoshop procedure would be great!

cya
R
Old 4th April 2006, 10:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dude, youre being rather mysterious about your procedure.

Your finish is superb, must be an expert with using the tools? Do you have any extra tools?

The way you have brought out reflections is amazing man.

As rehaan said, a more detailed explanation is due!!

Another doubt, this general: anyone know where I can get extra tools for Phototshop 7.0 from?
Old 4th April 2006, 11:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey lucky_lee,

That is excellent!
Another thing you may try is laying down shapes in flat-colour and then using the dodge and burn tools... you can get some pretty awesome results that way as well!

Would love to see more of your photoshop work and also post the original sketch for this so we can see!

Also, a more detailed explaination of your photoshop procedure would be great!

cya
R

Hey rehaan.I do use the dodge and burn tools too...I might have used it on this one, but for a more realistic shine or gloss i tend to use a lighter shade of the ambient light.Reflections play a very important part.

Heres the original sketch/scan
Old 4th April 2006, 11:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Dude, youre being rather mysterious about your procedure.

Your finish is superb, must be an expert with using the tools? Do you have any extra tools?

The way you have brought out reflections is amazing man.

As rehaan said, a more detailed explanation is due!!

Another doubt, this general: anyone know where I can get extra tools for Phototshop 7.0 from?
Nothing mysterious Islero,
Im no expert with the tools. Knowing the software in and out really helps.
I dont have any extra tools..never tried them.Infact photoshops tools have been more than adequate so far.Its really a very vast software.

A more detailed explanation...?? hmmm...
Okay about the reflections.Its more of how you perceive things around you.Im sure if you tried looking at things around you and drew them you would miss out the shades and how light reflects off it.We tend to give more importance to shape and form.
What i mean to say is...next time you think of drawing something ...study it first..see how light plays around the object.
(this is turning into an art class).
As for cars and bikes...they are extremely reflective.They reflect almost everything around them.
It all comes down to how you look at things and apply them in photoshop.
Just study a few pictures of Motorbikes and cars...and youll know how to use photoshop to your advantage.
@islero: i presume you are already well versed with photoshop.Saw some of your work in the "calling all photoshop experts" thread.

Any other doubts ...Please feel free to ask!
Old 4th April 2006, 11:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks for the quick reply man,

Here's a suggestion for a variant of your design.

Paint the exposed chassis frame metallic, and then put those exposed screw-bolt kinda things to give it a machined look. (I forgot what that sorta thing is really called, but I do hope you know what Im trying to say) Itll look amazing.
Old 6th April 2006, 22:52   #21
BHPian

Heres the same bike in white colour.Had the Limited Edition Hayabusa in mind.Tell me how it is people!
Old 7th April 2006, 00:00   #22
BHPian

WOW!!!

with all the others..brilliant job!! And what a transformation from the sketch..whew!

Cheers
Spyder
Old 7th April 2006, 09:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

How about a rear three-quarters pshop now? Would like to see your design from the rear angle....
Old 7th April 2006, 10:16   #24
BHPian

Yeah I can see shades of the ZX-12R in the air-scoop below the headlight ferring too.

Try to make the engine cowl a bit symmetrical, that would be better as far as aerodynamicism on the bike is concerned...The headlight looks somewhat like the Honda CBR 929 Fireblade, if I ain't mistaken, and I like the vents by the sides to remove hot air...

You could try elongating the exhaust pipe a li'l more...

Nice design...I am sure working more on it would just make it look better...
Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Last edited by babe_on_wheels : 7th April 2006 at 10:19.
Old 7th April 2006, 15:11   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_lee
for a more realistic shine or gloss i tend to use a lighter shade of the ambient light.
Hey again Lucky_lee,

Sorry to keep asking, but could you please explain that in detail.

I agree 100% with what you say in post #19. Its all about perception and being able to reproduce that accurately. Letting your eyes do the seeing and not your mind.

Also, what i am looking for is a step-by-step of the technique you use, as right now i only have a vague idea of how you do it using layers and the selection tool! It would be AWESOME if you could make a thread something like a tutorial on the digimods site.

Once again, very impressive work! Nice looking sketch too!
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2006 at 15:13.
Old 7th April 2006, 21:59   #26

nice job bro...keep it up!!!
Old 7th April 2006, 23:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
Yeah I can see shades of the ZX-12R in the air-scoop below the headlight ferring too.

Try to make the engine cowl a bit symmetrical, that would be better as far as aerodynamicism on the bike is concerned...The headlight looks somewhat like the Honda CBR 929 Fireblade, if I ain't mistaken, and I like the vents by the sides to remove hot air...

You could try elongating the exhaust pipe a li'l more...

Nice design...I am sure working more on it would just make it look better...
Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Never intended for it to look like zx-12r or the Blade....This is MY design!
I would have mentioned if i had an intention for it to look like any other bike.
Im surprised you didnt find the wheels like any other bike?

im confused when you say you want the pipe to be longer? longer where? way beyond the tail?please be clear.

AAhhh symmetry and "Aerodynamicism".......i just dont know what to say.!
Happy to know you liked the design anyways.!!!
Old 7th April 2006, 23:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey again Lucky_lee,

Sorry to keep asking, but could you please explain that in detail.

I agree 100% with what you say in post #19. Its all about perception and being able to reproduce that accurately. Letting your eyes do the seeing and not your mind.

Also, what i am looking for is a step-by-step of the technique you use, as right now i only have a vague idea of how you do it using layers and the selection tool! It would be AWESOME if you could make a thread something like a tutorial on the digimods site.

Once again, very impressive work! Nice looking sketch too!
cya
R
Rehaan bhai...Im really glad you want tips. But im really sorry ...Because right now im in the process of designing a way to pass out my exams which start on monday.Freaking Mathematics!(Doing my BE mechanical 2nd year)
I will give you a step by step of the technique when time permits.
Thanks for all the lovely reviews.It certainly has been an encouragement to me.
Thinking of taking up 3d modelling in summer...so i wont have to draw separate sketches for different views.
Also i will post a few of my car designs when time permits.

The digimods site is awesome for photoshop enthusiasts.He shows most of the tricks of the trade.I suggest you go through them.Very helpful.
anyways. catch you later!
Old 8th April 2006, 00:34   #29
BHPian

I like the sketch better than the photo shop version. The drawing looks a lot more sleeker and the photoshop version seems too wide. (Just an opinion).

Either way nice work man, maybe you can catch hold of somebody who is good with making fibre body shells and try and make one for your bike. If you need any help let us know.

Peace

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks