Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 13:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417
I'm so tired of waiting for the TB500. It didn't excite me much as a product but what excited me was RE actually churned out something new to keep the excitement going. But am too bored of it all now.

And even if they did launch it, it will take us ages to lay our hands on one. If they didn't anticipate demand for the classic models or the AVL500s, did they have any confidence in their products? Its been ages since RE has been facing these issues and they haven't done a thing to fix these. So either they want to create an artificial scarcity or they don't have a clue about the pulse of their customers.

And +1000 to all the comments about A.S.S. Cause what A.S.S? Forget about the authorized service centers, even good old outside the official RE network are absolutely impossible to find. They have all retired and the new ones don't make enough money so don't work with RE bikes anymore.

And with a retail price of a nano, frequent break downs and service charges of an Alto, what am'i getting in return? I was such a fan of RE and still own an Electra. But i'm holding on cause i already own one. If i was a new customer out there to get a bike, i wouldn't bet my money on RE.

Owning an RE is like owning that wedding suit. You are stuck with it until you die really. You can't sell it cause everyone wants their own and its heart over mind for you, you don't wear it enough cause its so expensive to get it dry cleaned, there are not enough good dry cleaners around and those that are, charge you a fortune!

Fix it RE! For the sake of those who still love you!
hehe classic wedding suit analogy.
on an unrelated note, the sales centers are also pathetic. I am 5 ft 8 , 72 Kg and on approaching the local dealership in Baroda for a Cl500 enquiry, the owner looks me up and down and asks, pehle bullet chalaya hain?? such high handed behavior for a sub standard machine? I d rathar put my money on a Honda
Old 27th August 2012, 18:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Thunderbird 500 >> Gone Missing from RE Website!. EDIT : It's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Owning an RE is like owning that wedding suit. You are stuck with it until you die really. You can't sell it cause everyone wants their own and its heart over mind for you, you don't wear it enough cause its so expensive to get it dry cleaned, there are not enough good dry cleaners around and those that are, charge you a fortune!
Bwahahaha, what a classic analogy. But it is true though. I've stopped asking anyone to buy an RE and in fact, I actually ask people not to buy them. I own a TB - AVL engine but keep it only since I have had it for 6? years now.
Old 28th August 2012, 01:08   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I can only speculate but IMO the 500cc Thunderbird would find very few in the United States that would be interested in owing it.

Anyone here who would be interested in that style would buy one of the many 600cc and larger Japanese motorcycles that have over twice the horsepower for similar prices.

I seriously doubt that Kevin Mahoney, the importer for Royal Enfield in the US would even consider importing it.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 28th August 2012 at 01:09.
Old 1st September 2012, 12:26   #19
BHPian

Hi All,

Information from reliable sources in RE is that the Thunderbird 500 is on and is scheduled to be out around/post Diwali. I asked if its being built on a different chassis etc and the only answer I managed to elicit was it will have a 22 liter tank. I hope to get a few more details soon.

Thought it might help those of us who are anticipating this.

Thanks,

Srini
Srini76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 10:42   #20
BHPian

Hi All,

I Personally saw TB 500 yesterday. few pointers are- looks good. overall fit and finish has improved. the engine case is black powder coated. Tank is big. its 20 lts as per my source. fuel cap is on the side of the tank unlike in the middle for the current model. as per my reliable source, the rear disk is very ineffective. hence they planning to put bigger disk n rotor assembly.

I personally noticed the powder coated engine cover on clutch cable area was chipping off paint. i think while replacing the clutch cable, the mechanics had mishandled it. i checked it by finger nails, it was solid. hence concluded mechanics might have mishandled it.

headlight is halogen, very powerful. meter console has many information including side stand indicators, service reminder popup, trip meters etc.

This bike will be released in 2 months. price is expected in the range of 2 to 2.1 lakhs.
Also thunderbird twinspark 350 will also come like thunderbird 500 with 350 engine same like CL350 and 500 and current thunderbird will be discontinued.

I asked them for a quick ride which they refused.
Endofdayz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 11:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Also thunderbird twinspark 350 will also come like thunderbird 500 with 350 engine same like CL350 and 500 and current thunderbird will be discontinued.
Great News! the current TB is been there in same avatar for very long time. Boon to those who do not wish to have a large engine but long for a comfortable ride with all the upgrades of 500.
Old 4th September 2012, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Yes, the current Thuderbird will be discontinued.
I have heard that the Dealers have stopped accepting orders for the current Thunderbird, which means you can book the new one for Rs. 1000 and wait for several months for the new one!
Old 13th September 2012, 23:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz
Hi All,

the engine case is black powder coated.
Tank is big. its 20 lts as per my source. fuel cap is on the side of the tank unlike in the middle for the current model.

headlight is halogen, very powerful. meter console has many information including side stand indicators, service reminder popup, trip meters etc.

This bike will be released in 2 months. price is expected in the range of 2 to 2.1 lakhs.
The above information is accurate... Had a look and feel of the T-Bird today when I had gone to collect my chrome 500 from 3rd service..

Updates
1. There is a wobbling issue with the rear wheel and tyre. They are trying to rectify the same.

2. If a bulb conks off in the led tail lamp or HID headlight then the entire set has to be replaced as per the RE team.

3. Unlike the old bullets the new T-Bird has very less vibrations even at speeds of 120 due to a completely redesigned swingarm and engine mounting. Claimed is around 140 kmph.

4. Exhaust note is more in line with regular bikes than the bullet thump.
Old 1st October 2012, 01:43   #24
BHPian

A friend of mine had called RE dealer in Delhi, and they confirmed TBTS 500 will be launched on 15th October, 2012. Price was not available.

On certain Facebook pages for Thunderbird 500, they are saying launch on 11th October, 2012. Also, both 350 cc & 500 cc Thunderbirds will be available in new Avatar.

Lets wait and see if the above dates are true or there will be a further delay in launch by RE.
Old 1st October 2012, 14:19   #25
BHPian

A couple of bikes had come to bangalore 4 months ago. A friend of mine managed to get hold of one for a couple of days. I took it for a ride and I should say, it is nothing like the old Thunderbird. I like the styling better and it is very comfortable for long rides. From what I heard, they were supposed to launch it post diwali.
Old 1st October 2012, 17:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
I took it for a ride and I should say, it is nothing like the old Thunderbird.
Did you mean that the new one is better? if you could please give more details on the ride and any feedback from your friend who rode it for couple of days.
Old 4th October 2012, 20:37   #27
BHPian

OK, the latest from the greatest is the the Thunderbird 500 launches on 11th October. Please see the link below.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorc...er-2012-62701/
Old 4th October 2012, 21:07   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
OK, the latest from the greatest is the the Thunderbird 500 launches on 11th October. Please see the link below.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorc...er-2012-62701/
Exciting news !!! Have been waiting for this for a long time. Can anyone shed more light on the reasons for it to be pricier that all other REs? I had a feeling that it will priced comparably to CL500.
Old 6th October 2012, 08:55   #29
BHPian

Well, finally seems to be launched on 11 Oct. Here are the words from the horses mouth http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.in/201...25884516836818
Old 6th October 2012, 09:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
....Here are the words from the horses mouth
Not really!

While I don't wanna speculate about the launch date, the website link in your post in not the official website of RE.

Check out the disclaimer

Quote:
2) We are not related with or are part of royal enfield motorcycles owned by Eicher motors india ltd. by any means whatsoever. we just provide tips , news , latest gossips on enfield motorcycles to like minded people.
The official website here still does not talk about the launch at all
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks