Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 22:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thunderbird 500 >> Gone Missing from RE Website!. EDIT : It's back

The much awaited Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 was recently unveiled in the Auto expo. It was slated for a Mid 2012 launch and a there's been a lot of speculation about the launch dates and pricing.

Many diehard RE fans (including me) who where in the verge of getting their other RE models delivered in late 2011/ early 2012 were reasonably confused if they should wait for the TB 500 or go ahead and buy one of the existing models from the RE Stable.

In this backdrop, I would like draw your attention to the latest development in the RE website Welcome to Royal Enfield Motorcycles | Motorcycle India

The "to be launched" model (TB500) was showcased in the website under the MOTORCYCLES tab immediately after the unveiling ceremony. However when I checked the website few moments back, the bike has gone missing from the website.

A little bit of research threw up some discussion board messages which reveal that many RE freaks are puzzled about this development.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 4424
Size:  34.4 KB

Just wanted to know what could be the reason for the sudden vanishing of the model from the website.

Are they updating the webpage?

Have they planned to put launch on back burner?

This development is very crucial because, many RE enthusiasts have postponed their purchase to have a touch and feel of the newly launched model before they decide to take the plunge!

What do you guys have to say?

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 13th April 2012 at 22:52.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2012, 14:30   #2
BHPian

re: Thunderbird 500 >> Gone Missing from RE Website!. EDIT : It's back

RE is pretty serious about the TBTS500. Maybe there is a problem with the website or they are planning an update on the bike.

However, the TBTS500 model is available for comparison on the RE website. Do check it if you need the specifications.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 11:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

So the Thunderbird 500 makes another appearance. Check the following link and carefully see the bike, the headlight and the engine below which has been painted black. The cylinder head is typical UCE 500 painted black. This is the Thunderbird 500 for sure:

On the sets: SRK, Anushka's motorcycle diaries
Old 13th June 2012, 11:59   #4
BHPian

I think this should be available soon. I enquired with a dealer in Pune and they have no clue when the bookings would start or when they can finally talk about it.
Old 2nd July 2012, 21:48   #5
BHPian

Dedperately waiting for the release of Thunderbird 500. Come on RE, bring it on soon.
Old 2nd July 2012, 21:57   #6
BHPian

had a word with one of their dealers and his opinion is that the bike would go into production in December 12, and would show up in Feb 13. Of course this is the feedback he has.....!!
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
had a word with one of their dealers and his opinion is that the bike would go into production in December 12, and would show up in Feb 13. Of course this is the feedback he has.....!!
Thats really disheartening to hear. Why on earth did RE launch it at the Auto Expo 2012 then .
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post

That is the usual RE way of doing things .A prototype usually built by an external agency is displayed and then they get to figuring things and it takes an year to get the bits in place and start delivery of the bike and about 2 more years to fix the niggling problems .

Offering a new color on is treated like launch of a new bike , the desert storm is an example.

Essentially there is not too much of new development on the Thunderbird ,just some enhancements to the old Thunderbird

Prashanth
Old 20th August 2012, 00:47   #9
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I saw the trailer of an upcoming movie today. You might be interested in seeing this.

Shahrukh Khan’s bike act with Anushka Sharma | Cinema 24 Hours | Movies Updated

Everything is so Bollywood oriented in India, be it the designers, the guys making music, advertising .... Its hopeless.
Old 20th August 2012, 20:09   #10
BHPian

RE might coincide the launch with the release of the movie.

Here is the trailer for the same Forward to 1.15.
Old 20th August 2012, 22:09   #11
BHPian

Could this be the reason for delay in the launch of TBTS 500 :

Royal Enfield struggles with patchy service, long waiting periods - Corporate News - livemint.com

Another interesting read. Though I highly doubt the actual price would be anywhere close to the price mentioned in the article:

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 to be launched soon : India, News - India Today
Old 20th August 2012, 22:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well RE seriously should worry about the service/spares quality, none of thier ASC inspire confidence and most of them care a nut about thier customers...

atleast for me no more RE's in this regard!

Once TB500 islanuched it would be interesting to see, what will be the waiting period, hope not 2 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Could this be the reason for delay in the launch of TBTS 500 :

Royal Enfield struggles with patchy service, long waiting periods - Corporate News - livemint.com

Another interesting read. Though I highly doubt the actual price would be anywhere close to the price mentioned in the article:

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 to be launched soon : India, News - India Today

Last edited by lohithrao : 20th August 2012 at 22:18.
Old 20th August 2012, 22:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

I'm so tired of waiting for the TB500. It didn't excite me much as a product but what excited me was RE actually churned out something new to keep the excitement going. But am too bored of it all now.

And even if they did launch it, it will take us ages to lay our hands on one. If they didn't anticipate demand for the classic models or the AVL500s, did they have any confidence in their products? Its been ages since RE has been facing these issues and they haven't done a thing to fix these. So either they want to create an artificial scarcity or they don't have a clue about the pulse of their customers.

And +1000 to all the comments about A.S.S. Cause what A.S.S? Forget about the authorized service centers, even good old outside the official RE network are absolutely impossible to find. They have all retired and the new ones don't make enough money so don't work with RE bikes anymore.

And with a retail price of a nano, frequent break downs and service charges of an Alto, what am'i getting in return? I was such a fan of RE and still own an Electra. But i'm holding on cause i already own one. If i was a new customer out there to get a bike, i wouldn't bet my money on RE.

Owning an RE is like owning that wedding suit. You are stuck with it until you die really. You can't sell it cause everyone wants their own and its heart over mind for you, you don't wear it enough cause its so expensive to get it dry cleaned, there are not enough good dry cleaners around and those that are, charge you a fortune!

Fix it RE! For the sake of those who still love you!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 20th August 2012 at 22:38.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 15:42   #14
BHPian

Royal Enfield seems to be going the Govt. of India way...(5 year plans) for all their projects ! My (not so) friendly neighborhood dealer says that the Thunderbird 500 and Bullet 500 are only for the export market (The Bullet 500 already is). Anyone else hear the same thing?
Old 27th August 2012, 12:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy747 View Post
Royal Enfield seems to be going the Govt. of India way...(5 year plans) for all their projects ! My (not so) friendly neighborhood dealer says that the Thunderbird 500 and Bullet 500 are only for the export market (The Bullet 500 already is). Anyone else hear the same thing?
What kind of dealer is that ? He either wants to sell only the Electra and TB (as it may be easier to manage spares stock) or he is just too sleepy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks