Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 14:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Honda CRF250L for India?

I have been looking to buy the Hero Impulse for some time now and am just waiting for my Thunderbird to be sold. A friend had bought the Impulse a few months back and was on a ride to the North-East and has been back after 50 days or so. Interacting with a lot of people, he is asking me to put away the "Impulsive purchase" for a few more months as he has heard strong rumours of the Honda CRF250L being launched in April.

If this really turns out to be true, it will be an amazing bike to own - a proper dual-sport - managing all terrains with ease.

The only negative about the Impulse was the 150cc - the CRF certainly fills that gap.

Anyone else heard of the rumours or have any substantial information about the release?
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 15:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CRF250L for India?

Wow how could I miss this thread. This would be a fantastic launch for the adventurous folks in India. But we must get off the concept of one bike per head where we tend to use it for all purposes for this model to be of relative success.
Any inkling of the launch date?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 17:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

I would buy this bike over the 390 Duke. That's for sure.

But I have my doubts about Honda actually giving it to us.

Would love to be proven wrong.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 17:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I would buy this bike over the 390 Duke. That's for sure.

But I have my doubts about Honda actually giving it to us.

Would love to be proven wrong.
And me thinking that you are a KTM only fan!

Yes, I would love to own this over the Impulse any day. But once this friend told me of the rumours, I have trawled the net and I see that the rumours have been around for many months now. And still no launch. Maybe there never will be :(
Old 8th March 2013, 18:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
And me thinking that you are a KTM only fan!

Yes, I would love to own this over the Impulse any day. But once this friend told me of the rumours, I have trawled the net and I see that the rumours have been around for many months now. And still no launch. Maybe there never will be :(
I am a fan of any good bike bro. Whether I would own it or not is another question.

These CRF rumors have been around for a little less time than the fabled Yamaha 250. Both seem to be the proverbial Indian Unicorn (not the bike)!
Old 9th March 2013, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Now this is becoming really, really urgent. Sold my Thunderbird today morning and need to plonk the money down on another bike. I wouldn't want to feel stupid after getting the Impulse and then seeing the CRF250L roll in on Indian soil
Old 9th March 2013, 14:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this is becoming really, really urgent. Sold my Thunderbird today morning and need to plonk the money down on another bike. I wouldn't want to feel stupid after getting the Impulse and then seeing the CRF250L roll in on Indian soil
The Impulse will feel very underpowered compared to your Thunderbird. More so with luggage or two up.

Any particular reason only Impulse?
Old 9th March 2013, 17:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Impulse will feel very underpowered compared to your Thunderbird. More so with luggage or two up.

Any particular reason only Impulse?
Because its the closest to a dual-sport here. Well, I wanna ride the mountains and want a bike that can do it without any compromise.
Old 9th March 2013, 18:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because its the closest to a dual-sport here. Well, I wanna ride the mountains and want a bike that can do it without any compromise.
You are in Bangalore. Unless one is living in the foothills, what most riders should never forget is that there is a lot of riding in the plains required before one reaches the mountains.

And even once you reach the mountains, in terms of priorities, engine power will always be higher than suspension and ground clearance, unless you are going totally off the beaten path.

I still think that as a Thunderbird rider, you are going to be disappointed by the Impulse. Just my 2 paisa of course.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 00:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are in Bangalore. Unless one is living in the foothills, what most riders should never forget is that there is a lot of riding in the plains required before one reaches the mountains.

And even once you reach the mountains, in terms of priorities, engine power will always be higher than suspension and ground clearance, unless you are going totally off the beaten path.

I still think that as a Thunderbird rider, you are going to be disappointed by the Impulse. Just my 2 paisa of course.
Ah, well said sir! I would be an ** and like to think that I have done the plains to the death - have done that on the CBR and the Thunderbird before that. I have the CBR for my arrow-straight "slab" duties and am DESPERATELY looking for a bike that will allow me take the mountains by the ** when I am there. So this for me, is the Impulse.

I would love to hear different. And trust me, I am looking for help here.
Old 10th March 2013, 07:58   #41
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, well said sir! I would be an ** and like to think that I have done the plains to the death - have done that on the CBR and the Thunderbird before that. I have the CBR for my arrow-straight "slab" duties and am DESPERATELY looking for a bike that will allow me take the mountains by the ** when I am there. So this for me, is the Impulse.

I would love to hear different. And trust me, I am looking for help here.
Last year, i on the CBR and my friend on the Impulse went to Ladakh. Yes, the Impulse is underpowered. But, after doing the "wire in the carb" mod, it kicked every bikes A.S.S there. Be it snow, gravel or sandy roads - the rider had too much fun while we were carefully negotiating the path.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 18:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Last year, i on the CBR and my friend on the Impulse went to Ladakh. Yes, the Impulse is underpowered. But, after doing the "wire in the carb" mod, it kicked every bikes A.S.S there. Be it snow, gravel or sandy roads - the rider had too much fun while we were carefully negotiating the path.
Yes, have heard of the "wire in the carb" mod for the Impulse. I think I am really going ahead and plonking the money down on the Impulse. Not going to wait for the CRF 250L to turn up. It may never!
Old 18th March 2013, 14:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Guys, please stick to the topic of discussion and avoid Off Topic posts.
Old 30th October 2013, 17:48   #44
BANNED

I heard / read that the Hero's 10+ model line-up for 2014 would include a 250 cc Impulse .
Old 31st October 2013, 00:53   #45
BHPian

Hope this makes it to India.. Im getting one for sure if it does..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks