Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Monocoque ??? If so, suppose the scooter is hit on the leff body and we find its irreparable do we need to change the whole body frame? If its was activa or Access we would need that particular piece get replaced right.
It can be cut and weld or if the frame is twisted, then it needs to be straightened. Frame can get twisted in an Activa too.

Don't worry, this technique has been used on millions of Bajaj scooters for 5 decades!
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pics, you cannot help but go back to the old days. I am already sold on this one. I like the whole scooter top to bottom, everything else be damned. This one pulls strings to your heart, even with all the short comings (it did to my heart). Even my father is excited by this launch. Let's see, we might get one in the coming few months.

The pricing however is bad. What were they thinking? Maybe they were thinking of cashing in on the old memories in the minds of us Indians.
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The pricing however is bad. What were they thinking? Maybe they were thinking of cashing in on the old memories in the minds of us Indians.
Bang on the money. Emotional positioning works in India

I like it too, but considering the price I have decided to go in for a scale model instead.
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:53   #64
BHPian

Here comes the Beetle of bikes! 66k exshowroom (in delhi?) should be 80k onroad in bangalore. Outrageous pricing. I will buy this if I am in the market for expensive antique jewellery.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 22:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Here comes the Beetle of bikes! 66k exshowroom (in delhi?) should be 80k onroad in bangalore. Outrageous pricing. I will buy this if I am in the market for expensive antique jewellery.
Visited the showroom on the ring road in BSK area. The dealer quoted 80.5K as the onroad price for the scoot. Definitely outrageous pricing. The switches, mirror with rubber ring and the plastic shroud over the headlight, were a letdown in terms of fit and finish. However the build quality is top notch.
Old 6th May 2012, 16:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Visited the showroom on the ring road in BSK area. The dealer quoted 80.5K as the onroad price for the scoot. Definitely outrageous pricing. The switches, mirror with rubber ring and the plastic shroud over the headlight, were a letdown in terms of fit and finish. However the build quality is top notch.
Wow! While she looks absolutely stunning albeit a price tag of 80,000 odd is certainly outrageous. This would be a major hindrance I suppose. This scooter has certainly out-priced itself out of the scooter market. A lot of young lads would adorn this piece of jewelry for the cosmetic look of it and this piece definitely does not look made for the rural Indians.
Old 6th May 2012, 23:45   #67
BHPian

I checkd a Vespa yesterday at Asset Bhandup and test rode it, the pick is amazing
Activa is no way near and Vespa was quite stable and comfortable too, loved the style and design and paint finish.
Old 7th May 2012, 22:31   #68
BHPian

Loved the red and yellow and was super amazed when i saw the showroom last week in BSK 3rd stage. i am happy to see diffrent instrument cluster and switch gear. all i could ask more was telescopic front suspension and disc brakes at the front. i still have my Grand fathers old vespa in terrible condition. wish i could spare time to get it resotred.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:09   #69
BHPian

This reminds me of the launch of M zen with round headlights, and was a disaster in the market. 66k is a bit pricey compared to the competitors, not sure if it wins ones heart as well as pocket cos most of the time we don't like to spend money on nostalgia
Old 9th May 2012, 12:17   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
i still have my Grand fathers old vespa in terrible condition. wish i could spare time to get it resotred.
That would be the most genius thing to do now, the classic theme catching on, you will have the original Vespa, you are one of the lucky ones here, paint it yellow and ride it on your weekend evenings, match accessories to complete the look.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

We also still have my Dad's 1986 vespa 150NV. My dad was also excited about the re-launch but the pricing of 66k/- put him off. Infact yesterday only saw the new vespa on road with the chrome mirrors.
Looked small to me, but was moving fast. Have to goto the showroom one of these days to check her out
Old 9th May 2012, 18:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Who is the target user for this scooter?
I do not have any answers to the above query, team do you?
I think they have already mentioned in their press release that it is a lifestyle product and they are not expecting large numbers, so a person buying it might not be too bothered by the utility of it's footboard.

Features are less for the price, then again they are positioning Vespa as THE BRAND in sccoters, might work, might backfire.

It wont compare to the WEGO on the utility or practicality front .

By the way I visited the showroom on last to last sunday, to my dismay they were closed, have booked a TD will go this saturday and see how it pans.

Saw the scooters through the glass and the finish looks superb. There's one in Brown or Chocolate (similar to wego shade) and it's already my favourite.

Last edited by Slick : 9th May 2012 at 18:31.
Old 9th May 2012, 21:21   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
That would be the most genius thing to do now, the classic theme catching on, you will have the original Vespa, you are one of the lucky ones here, paint it yellow and ride it on your weekend evenings, match accessories to complete the look.
yeah yellow is on my mind from a long time, infact i had my shogun painted yellow on the top and side shields. i am totally inspired by the classics. wish had my dads padmini to restore too.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:24   #74
BHPian

That is a very detailed and well done up photo coverage of the scooter. I have always loved the Retro styling matched with latest dynamics under the hood.
Lets hope Vespa is able to live up to its name and captures some market share. But as someone rightly said, lets hope its does not turn into another VW Beetle, Costly to purchase and too late in the market flooded with Japanese and Korean engineering
Old 11th May 2012, 08:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I think they have already mentioned in their press release that it is a lifestyle product and they are not expecting large numbers, so a person buying it might not be too bothered by the utility of it's footboard.

Features are less for the price, then again they are positioning Vespa as THE BRAND in sccoters, might work, might backfire.

It wont compare to the WEGO on the utility or practicality front .
Agreed its a premium product, but woudnt it be nice if it was only 10k costlier than the main stream scooters, i hope dealers give handy discounts to make up for the difference.

Anyone paying such a premium definately deserves disc brakes and tubeless tyres IMO and a cool looking vespa helmet as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks