Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 12:28   #91
BANNED

Re: Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
I was planning to buy a two-wheeler (which implies a scooty, me being a woman) and wanted something different from the usual scooty peps. I was looking forward to the new Vespa, despite the 66k+ price tag, but after seeing the images, I'm doubtful. I've got mixed feelings, is it because that's all a scooter can offer in terms of looks, or is this Vespa not just retro enough? Guess I gotta check it out in person and see if the impression changes.
Hi Sonik,

Welcome aboard. The "wasp" is certainly one of those vehicles, which is not just a vehicle and I m sure you will end up loving it once you take a look at it in the showroom and ride out. It is very cool, funky and most of all, brings back a lot of nostalgia.
Old 13th August 2012, 13:01   #92
BHPian

@Sonik Should take a test ride. Do tell us what you felt.
Old 27th August 2012, 20:07   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pictures of the latest entry from Piaggio into India. Its Italian design sublime !

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-dsc09708.jpg

The Piaggio logo is back in India- a bonanza for the classic Vespa restorers to pick that up and fit. The logo is unchanged !

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-dsc09707a.jpg

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-dsc09706a.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 23:32   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

The more I look at pics. of the new Wasp, the more I feel I should've gone for this instead of an Access!!

Only the price tag is a tad higher than my reach at present (I am given to understand tis around 80k final, with the taxes etc.!)

Maybe by the end of this year, or early next year....so do watch this space!

A question btw- as per this thread, the front glove box lid can be opened with just a push with the keys in OFF position! 'hope that is not possible once the keys are taken out of the ignition keyhole (when the scooter is parked somewhere)?!!
Old 15th September 2012, 10:57   #95
BHPian

its a great looker, good performance and solidly built. but a question that works against this beauty is, is the 25k premium over the competition justified?
Old 16th September 2012, 09:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy
I remember 2-3 years back when Nokia was synonym for mobile handset in India, iPhones so called expensive pricing was sure to be failure in India, specially when it wasn't offering few great features which Nokia and Samsung had subsidised
it

like to believe iPhone story is getting repeated
Watch it
I beg to differ. Apple has built a credit history of innovations over years. When apple introduced mac, they revolutionized PC market - then a whole industry was built around it. They did the same with iPod and iPhone for music and smartphone industries respectively. In iphone case, touch was a big draw. Also, they seem to focus on what is required for the user than what else can we add to the device.

Vespa is doing neither for the scooter - basics such as better suspension and brakin are missing... They seem to be charging more for looks and branding alone.

A discerning buyer will spot the difference. IMHO

Last edited by chakri400 : 16th September 2012 at 09:28.
Old 17th September 2012, 18:19   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
I beg to differ. Apple has built a credit history of innovations over years. When apple introduced mac, they revolutionized PC market - then a whole industry was built around it. They did the same with iPod and iPhone for music and smartphone industries respectively. In iphone case, touch was a big draw. Also, they seem to focus on what is required for the user than what else can we add to the device.

Vespa is doing neither for the scooter - basics such as better suspension and brakin are missing... They seem to be charging more for looks and branding alone.

A discerning buyer will spot the difference. IMHO

Vespa is an innovation in itself and it just does what iPhone did, delivers what buyer wants

the brand is in making in India, it delivers such an identity to the rider, have you seen it on the road, it looks class apart

other scooters are just me too
Old 17th September 2012, 18:25   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
Vespa is an innovation in itself and it just does what iPhone did, delivers what buyer wants

the brand is in making in India, it delivers such an identity to the rider, have you seen it on the road, it looks class apart

other scooters are just me too
Vespa is an icon by itself and a lifestyle product.One has to understand the concept of a lifestyle product.The scooter culture in India has been shadowed for quite sometime since the advent of 100cc motorcycles in the name of fill it,shut it,forget it !!!!
Vespa brings a new revolution all togather to India.

Please check out my ownership thread to understand more about the Vespa in India now.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rt-motion.html

Last edited by hillram : 17th September 2012 at 18:27.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 18:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

The Vespa is a style/fashion icon.

In terms of functionality/technology, its pretty average and lacks in several areas for what you pay. Nothing ground breaking there.

So, it cannot really be compared to a radical, ground breaking product like the i-phone. The only similarity is that both work as fashion statements/lifestyle products.

Last edited by Mpower : 17th September 2012 at 18:44.
Mpower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 23:06   #100
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Vespa LX 125 - What a scooter, wow!

There is a special offer on this one upto the 10th of November 12, you save INR 9,213/- now. The onroad price without any accessories is INR 72,000/-

The experience at the showroom is warm and you feel like a star.

The scooter feels great to ride on, with the seating/riding position being spot on. The pick up and power on this scooter is amazing.

The scooter rides superbly and if I could stretch INR 12,000/- (over my prescribed budget of INR 60,000/-) then I would have looked no further.

Last edited by Mpower : 30th October 2012 at 01:54. Reason: Snippet about discount cc ed to launch thread
Old 30th October 2012, 17:00   #101
BHPian

Anybody who owns this machine can throw some light on the saddle height especially in comparison to the competition.

Looking to buy one for my wife but, initial impression was that the saddle height was pretty high. Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha all have the saddle height in the range of 750 mm to 770 mm but, the showroom guys at Vespa had no idea.

My wife is 5"1 and she found it extremely uncomfortable with the Vespa to put both her feet on the ground
Old 30th October 2012, 19:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
My wife is 5"1 and she found it extremely uncomfortable with the Vespa to put both her feet on the ground
Well then, is it not best to rule out Vespa? Irrespective of saddle height numbers, if the primary rider is not comfortable then there is no point persisting with the choice.
Old 30th October 2012, 21:20   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Anybody who owns this machine can throw some light on the saddle height especially in comparison to the competition.

Looking to buy one for my wife but, initial impression was that the saddle height was pretty high. Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha all have the saddle height in the range of 750 mm to 770 mm but, the showroom guys at Vespa had no idea.

The saddle/seat height on the Vespa LX125 is 770mm.

Just as a comparison and also information - the saddle/seat height on the Yamaha Ray is 760mm on the Rodeo is 780mm, Activa is 765mm, Access is 780mm, TVS Wego is 780mm, Pleasure is 760mm, Maestro is 790mm and the Aviator is 790mm
Old 1st November 2012, 19:06   #104
BHPian

Vespa price slashed by Rs 9000! Good move by Piaggio

Source: motorbeam
Old 14th November 2012, 22:35   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Vespa price slashed by Rs 9000! Good move by Piaggio

Source: motorbeam
I was told that the price redux was a Diwali promotion ending today. Let's see if they stick with it. I like the scooter but they don't have enough of the useful accessories in India (e.g. front or rear luggage racks, etc.).

Most Viewed