Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 14:13   #121
BHPian

Re: Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000

Guys. I don't really feel confident with the current set of wheels (OEM). Can you suggest me which one should I go for? Don't need anything for zip-zaping purpose. I don't even cross above 60kmph. But I need confidence when taking a nice C turn (at 45 degrees) which I could comfortably do with my Activa .
Old 4th February 2013, 18:28   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abybabykcc View Post
6.5 grand extra on an already overpriced scooter. When will Vespa stop milking the nostalgia factor. Absolutely disgusting. They're probably killing a beautiful product due to basic greed. Wait a couple of months, and there'll be a marked down price for this as well.
I checked with one of the dealer here in Bangalore and he informed me that the two tone colour scheme is a customization done at the dealer’s level, Vespa is not doing that at their factory. When I asked him how much he would charge for red on white vehicle combo, he told me that they would charge around 6.5k, after bargaining for some time he was ready to come down till 5k for the same provided he gets one more customer who wants white on red vehicle combo. So I guess the dealer simply interchanges the parts and mints money and its not Vespa who is making money here.

Vijay
Old 5th June 2013, 13:25   #123
Senior - BHPian

Vespa VX125 with Disc Brake could be launched in June

Link to News Section

The Vespa LX125 has to be one of the most delectable looking scooters in the Indian automatic scooter market. Well, that's until you hear the price tag that simply takes away some of the allure. Positioned as a lifestyle scooter, the Piaggio Vespa LX125 has left many a prospective buyer feeling shortchanged, especially when it comes to the equipment on offer. While the scooter does offer solid mechanicals in the form of a 3 valve-125cc engine and a one-of-its-kind monocoque steel body, features such as telescopic front forks, tubeless tyres and a front disc brake are sorely missed on the Vespa LX125, especially at the price at which the scooter sells for.

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-disc-brake-equipped-piaggio-lx125.jpg

While telescopic front forks might have been omitted, in keeping with the timeless design of the scooter, the absence of tubeless tyres and the front disc brake isn't very convincing. Predictably, the value conscious Indian scooter buyer has given the Vespa LX125 the miss. Slow sales led to Piaggio effecting a steep price drop of 6,700 rupees, citing higher localization levels. This price drop took the ex-showroom price of the Vespa LX125 to just under 60,000 rupees. However, even this price drop hasn't been able to help the scooter shed the "expensive" tag associated with it. Even as sales continue to be slow, Piaggio India is said to be planning on giving the Vespa an additional feature in the form of a disc brake.

Such a variant is already available internationally. While these plans have been around for a while now, a BikeIndia Report goes on to suggest that a Vespa thus equipped will be renamed as the Vespa VX125. Apart from the front disc brake, the Vespa VX125 could also bring a new palette of colours. A price bump up of say about 2000 rupee could be the premium the Vespa VX125 might command over the LX125 variant.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 5th June 2013 at 13:27. Reason: News Link Added
Old 7th July 2013, 16:35   #124
BHPian

Vespa VX 125 pricing is just out. Unfortunately, its now priced at 72368 Rs ex-SR in Mumbai. This takes OTR pricing to about Rs 82500 (Ins/Octroi/Regn).

Add the accessory kit, Road-side assistance, extended warranty... takes it to almost 90K!

They have also increased the Vespa LX price; so this new VX price is almost 15k higher than the previous Vespa LX pricing.

Wonder what they are thinking pricing it like this, when nearest competition is 30k cheaper & new Honda Activa 125 looming. Ridiculous. Still tempted, but thinking twice/thrice now.
Old 17th June 2014, 14:55   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwirly View Post

The Piaggio logo is back in India- a bonanza for the classic Vespa restorers to pick that up and fit. The logo is unchanged !

The logo is a plastic clip that fits into the plastic horncast to cover the mounting screw, sadly it is not a decal and won't fit earlier models.

-Sean
I just bought the logo yesterday for my friend while taking delivery of my new Vespa S 125
It is with a plastic clip yes, But my friend will flatten it first by cutting off the clip and then use 3M double side tape. For INR 32/- the OE logo is pretty cheap.
Old 25th June 2014, 13:42   #126
Senior - BHPian

My wife is planning to buy one. She wants only Vespa (right now she says she wants only pink, but I think that is only to prevent me from riding it ).
So any product from the competition is ruled out.

I checked with Navin Auto in Bangalore. They said VX costs about 87,000 Rs on road, while the Sports costs about 92,000 Rs on road.

They said they do not offer any discounts. Is that true? I was hoping for some discount. As is, the price seems quite steep.

If there is no discount indeed, is there any hope in bargaining for freebies? There are many accessories mentioned, including helmet. I think my wife will insist on a helmet that matches the scooter colour (yellow or pink). I have to see if the dealer offers that.
Old 25th June 2014, 13:58   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
My wife is planning to buy one. She wants only Vespa (right now she says she wants only pink, but I think that is only to prevent me from riding it ).
So any product from the competition is ruled out.

I checked with Navin Auto in Bangalore. They said VX costs about 87,000 Rs on road, while the Sports costs about 92,000 Rs on road.

They said they do not offer any discounts. Is that true? I was hoping for some discount. As is, the price seems quite steep.

If there is no discount indeed, is there any hope in bargaining for freebies? There are many accessories mentioned, including helmet. I think my wife will insist on a helmet that matches the scooter colour (yellow or pink). I have to see if the dealer offers that.
We purchased the Vespa S from Falcon motors last week
more on that here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...exclusive.html

There were no discounts offered for me too. OTR 92000 + ~5000 for basic accessories (2 Guards + back handle + Floor mat). I didn't get any freebies with my bargaining skills

All the best!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:53   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Vespa has launched a new special edition VX125.
They call it Vespa EXCLUSIVO

What's EXCLUSIVO?
  • Chequered graphics on the sides and on the front
  • Black and Silver Alloy wheels
  • Contract side stitching for the seats
  • Available in 3 colours - Monte Bianco (white), Rosso Dragon (Red) and Nero Matt (Matt Black)
  • Only 1000 numbers will be produced and each one will have a numbered badge on the front storage cover
  • Costs ₹3200 more than the regular VX125 (On-Road Pune)
I got the following photos from the facebook page of a dealer (Vespa Nellore) but surprisingly this was not reported in Vespa website

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-capture3.jpg
Rosso Dragon (Red) - Notice the checkered graphics on the front

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-capture4.jpg
Nero Matt (Matt Black) - Colour previously available only on the Vespa S125

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-capture1.jpg
Checkered graphics on the sides

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-capture2.jpg
Unique numbered badge-Only 1000 available
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:39   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Vespa has launched a new special edition VX125.
They call it Vespa EXCLUSIVO

What's EXCLUSIVO?
  • Chequered graphics on the sides and on the front
  • Black and Silver Alloy wheels
  • Contract side stitching for the seats
  • Available in 3 colours - Monte Bianco (white), Rosso Dragon (Red) and Nero Matt (Matt Black)
  • Only 1000 numbers will be produced and each one will have a numbered badge on the front storage cover
  • Costs ₹3200 more than the regular VX125 (On-Road Pune)
I got the following photos from the facebook page of a dealer (Vespa Nellore) but surprisingly this was not reported in Vespa website
Great piece of information! I test drove the Vespa last weekend & told the dealer I wanted the Vespa VX in Matt Black.. not the Vespa S... and here it is!!

I will book this today itself if this is true!
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:29   #130
BHPian

I am more inclined in getting a Vespa for my wife for her daily chores. Will be visiting the showroom for a quote and test drive this Saturday. Is there a waiting period of some sort or all the colors are readily available.
Am I making a right choice? I am behind the oomph factor and nothing else.
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:01   #131
Senior - BHPian

Side sticker spoils the looks + I prefer pressed steel wheel instead of alloys for Vespa!
Old 9th July 2014, 12:22   #132
Senior - BHPian

Wife and I had been to Vespa showroom Navin Associates on Saturday. They showed us the photos of Esclusivo. We both weren't impressed. With an expected additional price of about 4 to 4.5k Rs for stickers and some serial number, we didn't feel it is worth the price.

Since both of us disliked the square headlights and RVMs, we have decided to go for red VX, even though the colour of preference is orange.

We tried to bargain a lot, but could only extract free Teflon coating. They aren't even ready to swipe my credit card without charging me 1.75% extra for it. I thought I could at least earn some points on my credit card :-(

I have some questions to experts/owners:
- The insurance is 1600 Rs (Bharti AXA). Should I check with others?
- Will there be a problem with Teflon coating?
Old 9th July 2014, 12:35   #133
BHPian

Quote:
We tried to bargain a lot, but could only extract free Teflon coating. They aren't even ready to swipe my credit card without charging me 1.75% extra for it. I thought I could at least earn some points on my credit card :-(
Zero-Dep Insurance for my Vespa S was about 2100/- from ICICI Lombard. And IIRC, normal insurance was about 3-400 cheaper. Hope that helps.

Even I paid by credit card, and initially they refused to swipe it without charging extra, but in the end agreed to do it. Though no freebies were offered. Not much idea about the teflon coating part. Doesn't worth much in my opinion.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 12:46   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Wife and I had been to Vespa showroom Navin Associates on Saturday. They showed us the photos of Esclusivo. We both weren't impressed. With an expected additional price of about 4 to 4.5k Rs for stickers and some serial number, we didn't feel it is worth the price.

Since both of us disliked the square headlights and RVMs, we have decided to go for red VX, even though the colour of preference is orange.

Welcome to the club! I booked the Vespa VX Esclusivo Matt Black on Sunday.. was willing to pay the price as I really liked this color on Vespa S model. The reason I preferred VX Esclusivo was the front glove box & this color.

True, Vespa dealers dont offer anything free.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 16:49   #135
BHPian

In Jan, 2013 presented myself this Vespa Lx.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-vespa1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks