Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2006, 20:04   #31

i had brought recently an apache.
here in banglore. their service were very good.
i liked every thing abt the bike .
but the back break is very week.
can i fit disk in the rear wheel also. if yess wherein banglore i can do it and cost.
Old 18th April 2006, 20:46   #32
BHPian

Apache tells all other bikes who's a boy and who's a man, and with style. Rock Man. Go !!!
Old 18th April 2006, 23:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura2
can i fit disk in the rear wheel also. if yess wherein banglore i can do it and cost.
DTW (Down town works) Shanti Nagar is the place you can try.
Old 19th April 2006, 10:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there is a problem in the back brake of Apache after riding it. I did not try hard stop's, so you may be true.

TVS is known to treat their customer's very well, so there won't be any issue for you.

Regarding back brake go to the dealer and ask whether it is a problem in all bikes or only your's.

If yes, squeze him and ask for a remedy from the company. (They may give u new brake shoes / drum , redesigned brake lever's etc...). Yamaha gave a new rear drum and a set of brake pads for my Rx 135 in 1998 for a similar issue.

If no, ask for another bike to compare. If that is good; ask him to make your's also to the same level. There are chances you can have manufacturing defect's like curing of metal in the ddrum braking area as it happened to me.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Apache is nice bike with a peppy engine , had a test ride , didnt feel any brake problem.Bike doesnt seem stable at speeds excess of 80's.
anywayz a good bike , peppiest among the tvs
Old 19th April 2006, 19:06   #36

all apache has same problem as mine man. after 70 km/hr if u press
both break the back will slide to front. i have tested it with 2 other apache , same result.
i had been riding rx135 and honda unikon, in both the back tyre will slide, but still i will slide in a straight line .
so i had a feeling that the back break of apache is weaker.
so i thought of fitting thicker back tyre and disk breaks in the back. all experts please comment on this.

and can anybody tell me what is the top speed of apsche . i have reached around 120km/hr. after 100 it is very very slow.
Old 9th May 2006, 19:37   #37
BHPian

finally apache is here got the grey metallic color for myself with selfstart anddisc brakes 58k on road.will get the bike tomorrow morning will upload the pics for you guys......

p.s.- tomorrow is the official launch of the bike here .
Old 9th May 2006, 19:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
finally apache is here got the grey metallic color for myself with selfstart anddisc brakes 58k on road.will get the bike tomorrow morning will upload the pics for you guys......

p.s.- tomorrow is the official launch of the bike here .
congrats dude. i saw on here on road. Looked great.
Old 9th May 2006, 20:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
all apache has same problem as mine man. after 70 km/hr if u press
both break the back will slide to front. i have tested it with 2 other apache , same result.
i had been riding rx135 and honda unikon, in both the back tyre will slide, but still i will slide in a straight line .
so i had a feeling that the back break of apache is weaker.
so i thought of fitting thicker back tyre and disk breaks in the back. all experts please comment on this.
Dude....all bikes have the same problem. It is obvious that if you try to stop a bike with the rear break, you are commanding the rear to reduce the momentum of a bike, and that means having to drag 130+ kgs to a stop.

That is why disc brakes are given the front, so that the front controls the momentum of the bike. So, you have to brake in a 60% front40% rear permutation, and transfer more of your weight in front.

Also, TVS tyres have known to be not the best in it's class, which is probably you have grip problems. You can sort it out by just fixing DUNLOP tyres...you do not need to fix a thicker width rear tyre.
Old 10th May 2006, 09:36   #40
BHPian

i have to go at the showroom at 11 am for the delivery . can' t express how excited i am.
Old 11th May 2006, 13:31   #41

Idi ?????

hi guys new member on the forum. can any1 tell me what exactly is idi ignition technology (that is there in apache) and how is it diff from dtsi that bajaj offers in pulsar. great to be amongst bike group. cool group i must say
yesha
Old 15th May 2006, 21:29   #42
BHPian

guys i finally got the the bike on wednesday . since then i had already done 500kms with it and now i m gonna give it for its first free service .

first impression
the bike looks good . has everything worth 58grands on road .
its road presence is very good . most of da ppl here don't even know abt it or even heard of it . when u get it on road ppl say arre yeh konsi motorcycle bajaj ki hogi and then i correct them .it has happened to me a lot .

performance
this bike is better than p150 , unicorn in terms of pikup especially 0 to 60kmph verry fast . can outrun many vehicles . low noise good gearshift like the one of unicorn . low vibration felt by the rear passenger also makes it good for 2 ppl .

ride and handling
the ride is comfortable on good roads the short handle is good for looks but all the impact comes on the handles which makes it a bit tiring in potholed roads . the brakes are good but still improvement can be made on it especialy the rear tyre according to me is not that adequate for high speed riding .

FE
here i think it will leave all the other 150cc bikes behind the petrol here costs 47.8Rs and i filled up a total of Rs 450 and the bike still has some petrol left 541.4km ride . it is around 50kmpl i think and it is very good before first service .

cost
it is 4000Rs cheaper than p150 on road and it has an advantage of black alloys . so it may appeal to many ppl

overall
good experience in 5 days of purchase .i will shortly post some pics of my bike.
that's all abt it for now folks
Old 17th May 2006, 11:26   #43

thats so cool gravit !!!!!!!! am an mba student and currently doing summers with TVS for the positioning of apache. ur feedback helps me a lot. hey guys, anymore people on this forum if can please inform about the pulsar and the pros & cons they might have encountered with it, it wud be really welcome.
one thing for TVS motor dealers i will say, i viaited them as mystery shoppers and they werent hesistant about giving me test drives ( being a female) the way the companys dealers were.
any more apache owners out there please get in touch
its really needed
any suggestions on how to market apache and position it please tell
Old 20th May 2006, 02:02   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesha
thats so cool gravit !!!!!!!! am an mba student and currently doing summers with TVS for the positioning of apache. ur feedback helps me a lot. hey guys, anymore people on this forum if can please inform about the pulsar and the pros & cons they might have encountered with it, it wud be really welcome.
one thing for TVS motor dealers i will say, i viaited them as mystery shoppers and they werent hesistant about giving me test drives ( being a female) the way the companys dealers were.
any more apache owners out there please get in touch
its really needed
any suggestions on how to market apache and position it please tell
but wats tvs's strategy (or lack of it), in not having a jet black color for the apache?? i saw the jet black color in the pictures on the apache website and wen i went to pick it up at the showroom, it turned to be this weird variant of black which dosnt look half as good as a black wud look. since ur wid the company, i'm hopin u wud knw why they've done so...
Old 20th May 2006, 02:10   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
guys i finally got the the bike on wednesday . since then i had already done 500kms with it and now i m gonna give it for its first free service .

first impression
the bike looks good . has everything worth 58grands on road .
its road presence is very good . most of da ppl here don't even know abt it or even heard of it . when u get it on road ppl say arre yeh konsi motorcycle bajaj ki hogi and then i correct them .it has happened to me a lot .

performance
this bike is better than p150 , unicorn in terms of pikup especially 0 to 60kmph verry fast . can outrun many vehicles . low noise good gearshift like the one of unicorn . low vibration felt by the rear passenger also makes it good for 2 ppl .

ride and handling
the ride is comfortable on good roads the short handle is good for looks but all the impact comes on the handles which makes it a bit tiring in potholed roads . the brakes are good but still improvement can be made on it especialy the rear tyre according to me is not that adequate for high speed riding .

FE
here i think it will leave all the other 150cc bikes behind the petrol here costs 47.8Rs and i filled up a total of Rs 450 and the bike still has some petrol left 541.4km ride . it is around 50kmpl i think and it is very good before first service .

cost
it is 4000Rs cheaper than p150 on road and it has an advantage of black alloys . so it may appeal to many ppl

overall
good experience in 5 days of purchase .i will shortly post some pics of my bike.
that's all abt it for now folks
hey dude, congrats on ur new bike. i too am plannin to buy an apache. wen r u postin da pics of ur bike... wud love to see them...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks