Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 10:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Pulsar crosses 50 lakh (5 Million) Sales Mark

Hello Friends,

The country's second largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto today said its Pulsar model motorcycles have crossed 50 lakh units sales mark since its launch over 10 years ago.
"The (Pulsar) brand has crossed the landmark 5 million sales mark, while celebrating a decade of existence. Pulsar is the only brand in the performance segment which has crossed the 5 million mark in India," Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) said in a statement.
Unquote

Full Article available here:
Bajaj Pulsar crosses 50 lakh sales mark since its launch - The Economic Times

Hats-off to Bajaj Pulsar. Even after 10 years of its launch, Pulsar still remains the hotest & best bike on Indian Roads.

Salute to the Bike that changed face of Indian Motorcycle market.

Thank you Bajaj Auto for such a great product.

Regards,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 21:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar crosses 50 lakh (5 Million) Sales Mark

I was totally in love with this bike, after watching the 'Definitely Male' ad. I'm sure a million others bought it too because of that. The only bike which made us crave for it besides the RX and Shogun. I then bought the P200 in 2008 and its still an awesome bike to drive around. Hope to see the Pulsar rule our roads in future too.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 23:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

I think what helped Pulsar reach where it has is the FE.

Pulsar came in after the blistering CBZ and was around where Karizma was hot property. But Bajaj were smart to realize that apart from looks, the Indian customer considers FE a huge deal - something that Hero Honda couldn't get right with either CBZ or Karizma.

Compare the ~35 kmpl of CBZ and ~50kmpl of Pulsar - the majority would by default run towards Pulsar.

I think the diversity of engine options - 150, 180, 200 and 220 - helped too.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 09:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

A great achievement, no doubt. One thing I really admire about Bajaj is, they never let the Pulsar feel old or dated. They have kept upgrading it with the times, tech upgrades, minor tweaks, adding newer features, different paint schemes, you name it and they have done it all!

All the best for the next leg!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 14:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Hero Honda CBZ was hot cake after launch & people were really admiring it, but after Launch of Pulsar, CBZ almost lost somewhere in jungle.

Yes. Bajaj has upgraded Pulsar at correct times & its sales have never faded away.

People are excitingly now waiting for new Pulsar 200 NS. I am sure this new Pulsar 200 NS will also sale good numbers just like previous generation Pulsars.

I have Pulsar since 2005 & when I was looking for another bike in 2011, I literally could not accept any other Bike. Ultimately I settled for another Pulsar itself. I find driving 150 CC Pulsar exciting, wonder how would be 1800 cc & 220 CC Pulsars owners would be feeling.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks