Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 19:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Suzuki Shogun

^^^Thanks for the tips. The store keeper at the TVS service center where I gave my bike for servicing flatly denied the possibility of getting any parts from the TVS, as I mentioned above. One exclusive TVS authorized spare parts shop also said the same. The only part he had was the lock set (pretty old). He had indicators, but I didn't buy them immediately. Went there again to buy couple days later, and they were sold out. :( Maybe I should try with the other 2 dealers I know.... but chances seem bleak. Dunno how your dealer sourced parts...

Btw, which club exactly should I search for on Facebook?
Old 28th January 2014, 20:15   #17
BHPian

Nice write up and real hard work!
Attaching the picture of my Shogun- October 1995- My Suzuki Shogun-wp_20130823_004.jpg
Capt. Shyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 00:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Shogun needs your help

Glad to be on the restoration mode on the Gun, after a brief pause. So far, most of the parts have been sourced. And just a few more to go, and if I can get some members' help that'd be real great.

The speedometer console and the block piston kit are required. The speedo/tachy combo that does duty on the bike now is significantly faded and the pcb screws are rusted so much so that they look aesthetically unappealing.

Secondly the block piston kit, as of now running on sleeves, but considering a replacement with stock kit.

If anyone can kindly help me source these parts or if is willing to let go off these parts (working condition of course )kindly please let me know, contacts, contacts of contacts are also welcome.

Thanks.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 16th July 2014, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Had a good run with the bike and enjoyed every bit of it but after doing the Shogun, Yamaha Rx 135 5speed, Kinetic Honda and Bullet restorations over the years I have settled down to only Yamaha Rx 135 5Speed as of now. Sold off all other possessions, except for the Rx.

~Soon will be buying a new Bullet UCE 500 although I regret selling off my old bull which I had for 10 years.

~Scrapped the plans for a RD350.

Cheers and happy riding !
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed