Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2012, 13:36   #1
BHPian

My experience with Honda Roadside Assistance

Since a week after my accident. Thought to give it a mention about the Honda Roadside Assistance.
  • Paid totally Rs 300/- with tax for the Honda Roadside Assistance service.
  • Includes totally 3 breakdown's for 1 Honda vehicle for a 1 year period
  • Covers Petrol, Puncture & Accident's breakdown. Only a range of 25 -30 kms service away from city.

My CBR 250r was arriving from Rajahmundry train station to Sec'bad. While it was arriving, i had just purchased the Honda Roadside Assistance. Once the bike arrived, I called up the toll free number, told them my bike is at Sec-Rly Station and i was waiting along with it. I did also mention that i was injured and cannot wait for long for pickup. In 20 mins they immediately sent a custodian to guard the bike till the trailer came to pickup and also offered me medical assistance . However my doc check up was already done. The custodian came, told to fill up a small form and handed over the keys and gave me the receipt and told me to continue. Once i had reached home, after 1.5 hours the truck driver called me to which showroom for it to be delivered. Soon after 30 mins i get a call from Fortune Honda mentioning they have got my bike and confirmed the damages are the still the same and no further damages were done by the carriers.

Honda's service acted very quickly, very promptly and at this price, its just worth it. Would recommend it to mostly to the Honda cbr's owner's, The only drawback was the limited km range of roadside assistance. However i think, it can still be done even if i was out of range.

Damage : Gear Lever, Left Footpeg, Left clutch lever and few minor scratches on fairing.

FYI : since i just had the accident i never really thought of the Honda Roadside Assistance at the time only until i arrived Hyd.

Huge P.S: - To narrate in short the accident. I was about 35 kms away from Rajahmundry, place called jagampeta. Was traveling from Hyd-Calcutta with a another biker following me, a young kid pulled up on the intersection without looking at anyone coming on the road. While i tried to maneuver it wasnt enough, i flew, fell and flipped and rolled 5-6 times and head hit the guard rail at the speed of 85km i think. Without my armored jacket and gpr helmet , i would been a goner. Kid ran off, before my friend could get to him. After years of biking, i've learnt to keep myself rolled/curled if fallen from the bike to avoid any kind of fractures etc. The best part was the bike was still drivable it just started normally without any sounds or etc cause we did drive it back to Rajahmundry railway station . Survived with only just bruises and shoulder pain only
nosfreak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 13:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda Roadside Assistance

Good to know that you escaped without any major issues! I wonder when people will teach their kids to be more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
After years of biking, i've learnt to keep myself rolled/curled if fallen from the bike to avoid any kind of fractures etc.
What is this procedure? Could you please elaborate?
Old 12th May 2012, 14:30   #3
BHPian

Re: Honda Roadside Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Good to know that you escaped without any major issues! I wonder when people will teach their kids to be more careful.

What is this procedure? Could you please elaborate?
I'm not too sure how to explain it,Saw few videos some years. If you watch most of isle of man videos esp Guy martin's crash you can get a jist of it, i cant seem to find the video now. However this something that cant be done within a day, as accident's happen in fraction of seconds and reacting to it within a split of a second is the key. Basically curl up like a ball while skidding on the road, this is to avoid your hand/leg hitting any street lights or rails along the road or something that cause a broken bone or a fracture.

example: imagine the car lost control and you see a street light coming up, your front end hits it causing to slid more and do a 360 4-5 times making it worse. Imagine that front end is your hand, and the rest follows. Its scary to say it but it comes with experience.
nosfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 13:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: My experience with Honda Roadside Assistance

Quote:
Without my armored jacket and gpr helmet , i would been a goner.
Gear saves lives. Glad you were suited up and broke nothing.

I would suggest you to dispose your helmet and buy a new one. Please don't use the crashed one for short trips like grocery shopping, etc. Just throw it and get a new one. Helmets are designed to withstand only one impact, post which they are useless.

Get a new armored riding jacket also.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 16:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since a week after my accident. Thought to give it a mention about the Honda Roadside Assistance.
Thanks to have shared the information; appreciate if you know if the road side assistance covers about dead/low battery and towing the bike to the showroom. Tks.
Old 15th May 2012, 10:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Gear saves lives. Glad you were suited up and broke nothing.

I would suggest you to dispose your helmet and buy a new one. Please don't use the crashed one for short trips like grocery shopping, etc. Just throw it and get a new one. Helmets are designed to withstand only one impact, post which they are useless.

Get a new armored riding jacket also.
I've kept it for my hall, like a souvenir. The problem is its very hard finding a GPR helmet, cant seem to get them in India nowdays. Not very fond of LS2's either. Btw that withstood 2 drops, Once from my hand till the 1st floor and 2nd the accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Thanks to have shared the information; appreciate if you know if the road side assistance covers about dead/low battery and towing the bike to the showroom. Tks.
@aargee : I think it should cover dead/low battery as its a part of a breakdown. However ill confirm it. Yes, missed the main part The Tow is free towards the showroom only only if the above 3 occurrence's occur.
nosfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks