Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2018, 13:52   #46
BHPian

Re: My Yamaha RD350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilonSpitfire View Post
Hi jayakrishanan,

Great job on the RD. I have a few questions, if you don't mind. I am planning to restore an US spec RD350 here in N.America. My questions are does the Rajdoot and Yamaha RDs have different fuel capacity? Do they fit each other without any modifications? What about other parts like seats, shock seals, handle bar etc? My plan is to source some parts like front mudguard, fuel tank etc from India

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding
Hi Please do find my answers below.
a) Fuel tank fitment as Ram mentioned is same, the same with seats, handle bar etc. Only difference was US RD came with fork dampener under the t-stem.
b) Fuel tank capacity in the RD350B in US was less by around 2 litres compared to Indian RD. The RD350A models of Canada or UK and India had the same capacity of 16.5 litres of which 3.5 was reserve.
c) The fuel tap fitment was different and the whole fuel tap as well. If you are sourcing a tank, then make sure the fuel tap fitment hole is changed to the normal type so you can get the RD350LC fuel taps of twin outlet and fitment is 34mm difference in fuel tap fitment holes.
d) Seat lock and handle locks you can source there from DT400 models. Though the seat locks fit either models viz US and Indian, the handle lock of DT400 will fit only the US chassis as the barrel fitment frame hold diameter is smaller in US RD.
e) Main difference which needs clamp relocation will be when you use the US spec silencers into the Indian RD. Apart from that the way the front foot rest and the rear foot rests are as well is different. This is because the Indian RD had the frame design taken from RD400F.
f) Front and rear mudguards, chain cover you should get clean examples there in US itself.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers
Jay
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks