Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 10:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyosung GT250R: Big Boy Launched @ 2.75 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
So, if I may sum it up in plane man's language - you feel that Ninja is more forgiving but GT250R is the one which kept you on your edge, and if one is planning to upgrade to a super sports, GT250R will make a better starting platform than Ninja. I hope I was able to sum it up correctly.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel a GT250R will be a better starting platform if you want to upgrade to a supersports?

Also, will be nice to hear your views, if you have tried the RC390.

--Anoop
Yup that's essentially it.

Why? Because it is the only sub 600cc motorbike which handles like a supersport. It comes with a similar weight, size and turning radius as well. Most importantly it puts you in a very aggressive riding position. After riding the Hyo, R15 and RC twins feel like unicorns. Nothing else in the space can prepare you for what it is like to sit on and pilot a supersport. The Comet even comes with the same disadvantages like excessive heating in heavy traffic
Old 30th November 2015, 12:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Why? Because it is the only sub 600cc motorbike which handles like a supersport. It comes with a similar weight, size and turning radius as well. Most importantly it puts you in a very aggressive riding position. After riding the Hyo, R15 and RC twins feel like unicorns. Nothing else in the space can prepare you for what it is like to sit on and pilot a supersport. The Comet even comes with the same disadvantages like excessive heating in heavy traffic
Ah thanks for the comparo, quite technical
So it looks like you want to prepare yourself to ride a supersport by buying a bike which makes you uncomfortable, and feels like a supersport, but safe at the same time (with low power).
TBH you dont really need to go through the torture to be able to ride a supersport, you can learn on a RC 390 or a Ninja 250 and will probably be able to manage a supersport better with this experience.

But thats what my thought process is.
Do what makes you most comfortable, ride safe and wear your gear whatever you ride.
Cheers !!
Old 30th November 2015, 12:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting perspective there!

Since you are planning to make a gradual progression towards a supersport, let me tell you that it's not the size that generally intimidates newbie riders as much as the power and handling.

Size, weight, turning radius etc are attributes you get accustomed to, with more and more kilometres on any bike. But as a part of the learning curve, it is the power output and handling that decide a good entry level learner. It's from the same perspective that my fellow riders are advising on, in the above posts, I believe. Good luck!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 13:13   #49
BHPian

In my little experience, the most important thing that one needs to learn well, to graduate to a 'big' bike ultimately, is throttle control. You just cannot twist it like you would on a smaller ones, whatever maybe the situation, and expect to get away with the mistake ! So, I would look for the machine that has the smoothest throttle and learn to improve the resolution of my wrist to exercise control on the throttle, other than the umpteen number of skills that you would obviously need.

A easier-to-ride machine, N300/Ceeber250/R3/R15, will help you hone your individual skills better than focusing on how the bike is going to react instead.

Also, that is just my perspective and the Hyo does look like a bulky supersport in flesh. Ride hard, ride safe !

Last edited by Sojogator : 30th November 2015 at 13:14.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 13:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Ah thanks for the comparo, quite technical
So it looks like you want to prepare yourself to ride a supersport by buying a bike which makes you uncomfortable, and feels like a supersport, but safe at the same time (with low power).
TBH you dont really need to go through the torture to be able to ride a supersport, you can learn on a RC 390 or a Ninja 250 and will probably be able to manage a supersport better with this experience.
Woah I said it was intimidating, not flawed. It superseded the Ninja in a few areas occasionally and I believe that was all down to the lower center of gravity and more aggressive riding position which quite frankly, I prefer on a bike since it keeps you more in control.

The RC 390 is certainly a good option however I find it a little less stable and a bit too track focused for the road besides I really don't like the single cylinder noise that it comes with. Ninja 250 is commuter style in comparison quite far away from a supersport's ergonomics and I don't see how I "probably" will be able to manage one better if I ride these two over the Hyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Interesting perspective there!

Since you are planning to make a gradual progression towards a supersport, let me tell you that it's not the size that generally intimidates newbie riders as much as the power and handling.

Size, weight, turning radius etc are attributes you get accustomed to, with more and more kilometres on any bike. But as a part of the learning curve, it is the power output and handling that decide a good entry level learner. It's from the same perspective that my fellow riders are advising on, in the above posts, I believe. Good luck!
I understand that throttle modulation is a big factor that one needs to learn (it is the same when upgrading to a more powerful car), and like I said, I quite enjoyed the fueling on the Hyosung and it had me making perfectly rev-matched down-shifts within minutes. I feel like getting accustomed to the ergonomics right from the start as well so I am less intimidated by a bigger bike. Having come from quite a bit of experience on four wheels on the track, I don't just want to be able to manage the power or not fall, I want to be able to extract more from the machine and be able to push it to its designed capabilities I loved the fact that your body works with the bike to solve the vectors behind it and ergonomics has everything to do with that. besides like I said, the Hyo is the only bike in the segment that mimics a supersport's handling characteristics.

Don't worry guys the bike is quite friendly it is just that as a novice I was intimidated by the big tank and low-set clip-ons, within half an hour I felt quite at ease on the bike (that is until I hit traffic ofcourse )

Last edited by IshaanIan : 30th November 2015 at 13:34.
Old 30th November 2015, 15:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't see how I "probably" will be able to manage one better if I ride these two over the Hyo

Take it to the track and find out, or do the twisties a few times back to back on both bikes and then do a supersports ride.
Quite evident that your style of riding and expectations are very different from mine, so its cool.

To each his own.

Ride safe.

Last edited by sammyboy : 30th November 2015 at 15:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks