Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 23:02   #1
BHPian

bhpn's help me out what bike to buy?

guys pls help me need to get a bike . the problem is my dad and myself will b riding the same bike .so need a bike which looks gud for me and also safe for my good old dad since he has been riding splender for the past 11 yrs im bit confused wat bike to get next so pls suggest me one
Old 11th April 2006, 23:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

If your dad is planning to ride the bike, get the Achiever. It has the best suspension suitable for older people. It may look little outdated, but its a good performer with decent mileage and good after sales service from Hero Honda.
Old 11th April 2006, 23:13   #3
BHPian

I think you can go for Discover as well...Good mileage and less maintainance
Old 11th April 2006, 23:14   #4
BHPian

Most Indian bikes are pretty safe and your dad can ride them too...since he has been riding a bike for 11 years.

What is your budget and what kind of bike are you looking at?

I think a Pulsar 150/180 would be a good bike, but I think an Avenger might be better since it will be a lot more comfortable for your dad to ride.
Also, the Pulsar is solidly built, and so your dad would feel a lot more comfortable on it than a TVS/Yamaha, which may be lighter on weight...

Maybe the HH Karizma may not be such a good option for your dad since the ferring is welded to the tank. So the fact that the hadlamp will not turn while the handlebars do might be something your dad may need to adjust to and he may take some time at it...just maybe...

You can also have a look in the market...but please go for a 150 (or +) cc bike, as you will love riding it to...

Cheers.
Old 11th April 2006, 23:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

If it was samy alone who is going to use the bike, Avenger is fine. Since his Dad is planning to use, A proper commuter will be the best option. The pulsars have the worst riding position in the indian bikes. Samy , you certainly dont want your dad's spine to take a beating. Do you??

Pulsars give good sporty ride feel. Not recommended for older people. Avenger may not be easy to ride in city traffic. Proper commuters are best. But go for a 150cc one.
Old 12th April 2006, 02:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

bullet is cool....classic version! and ur dad will not be worried of u performing stunts. LOL
Old 12th April 2006, 05:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

1. Royal enfields rock
2. Lml bikes are comfortable
3. hero honda karizma is good and comfortable for long distances.
4. bajaj avenger again is a cruiser
5. tvs apache
6. yamaha fazers are good too with good handling.

now looks like u have too many options. select the bike on the basis of

1. your choice of looks
2. your choice of priorities.
Old 12th April 2006, 11:01   #8
BHPian

1) Enfield engines are pathetic (very very old technology). You can buy only if you need the bullet thump and good riding posture. You can maintain a M800 and more with the Maintenance cost of a bullet. (Nothing offensive - me too a bullet owner).
2) Yamaha CRM sucks. Forget their bikes... Technologically they are good but they need to improve a lot with marketing and service. Resale is poor.
3) HH - Brand reputation and resale value. - Achiever is good. Have a Test ride.
4) TVS - Good bike to own in Southern India. Even in team-bhp we have been hearing service issues in the north. Test ride the Apache.
5) Bajaj - Good to own for the first 1 or 2 years. After that you will not get parts as your model would be stopped or design would be changed. (Faced with my friend's pulsar classic, Wind and Calliber).
6) Honda - Unicorn engine is the most refined in the segment. Test ride this.

If you are not concerned about the look's or image go for the high end Star City.
Otherwise have a test ride of Apache, Achiever, Unicorn and decide. Having ridden all three, i would rate Apachee above others.

Last edited by ksethuram : 12th April 2006 at 11:03.
Old 12th April 2006, 11:28   #9
BHPian

just bought a unicorn a couple of months back...very decent bike...and VERY comfy to ride...definately a good option
its
Old 12th April 2006, 11:28   #10
BHPian

just bought a unicorn a couple of months back...very decent bike...and VERY comfy to ride...definately a good option
its more
Old 12th April 2006, 11:28   #11
BHPian

its more like a "150 cc commuter"
Old 12th April 2006, 13:27   #12
BHPian

Unicorn dude !!
Its a good comfortable bike (monocshocks works)
also it has style good millage and its also fast !!

Happy Riding !!
Old 12th April 2006, 14:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

I also like the unicorn ,but then your dad will have to adjust from riding the light splendor to the heavy and more powerful unicorn.
i wud suggest the discover or the unicorn
Old 12th April 2006, 16:35   #14
BHPian

Unicorn or Achiever, i guess pulsar will be a lil heavy for ur dad, although pulsar doesnt have proper seating position.

Unicorn n Acheiver r good bikes, Good decent mileage. Looks r fine.
Old 12th April 2006, 17:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Unicorn is a good choice as you said your dad will also be riding it, very smooth and trouble free. If you don't want a 150cc bike then wait for the Honda Shine(125cc) or just have a look at the Suzuki's 125cc bike.

Most Viewed