Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Tyre & other modifications on a karizma

this one is for all the gurus out there; one of my friends is planning to change rear shoes of his 9000 odd kms run karizma. now, this is whwre it gets a little tricky he wanta to do it in such a way that it dosent alter the prrformance of the bike (mainly pick up and fe) of the bike drastically, he dosent mind changing the alloys . so please fellows please help this soul; also throw some light on modifications( performance enhancers) like engineremapping , exhaust systems, filters etc which will increace the power of the bike( never mind the FE here).
with regards.
Old 12th April 2006, 23:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowiee
this one is for all the gurus out there; one of my friends is planning to change rear shoes of his 9000 odd kms run karizma. now, this is whwre it gets a little tricky he wanta to do it in such a way that it dosent alter the prrformance of the bike (mainly pick up and fe) of the bike drastically, he dosent mind changing the alloys . so please fellows please help this soul; also throw some light on modifications( performance enhancers) like engineremapping , exhaust systems, filters etc which will increace the power of the bike( never mind the FE here).
with regards.
Here you go:

1. If you dont want to alter FE and Pickup, stick to the stock tyre size. ie 100/90X18
2. You say you dont want to reduce FE in one place and says reduction in FE is ok in another????
3. Check other threads on mods. Some many here. If you want some specifc info, PM me

Please remember it is impossible to manitain FE when you want to increase the power of the bike. These dont go hand in hand. Law of nature.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 12th April 2006 at 23:05.
Old 13th April 2006, 08:11   #3
BHPian

Stick with the stock alloys, they are the best you can find in India. Yeah and like Mail4ajo said, Upjet the bike if your installing a K&N. There is a lot more that can be done like, porting the head. shaving the head or the bore to increase compression. Bear in mind, you would have to look at valve clearance and also you might have to use only higher octane fuel to negate knocking.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:10   #4
BHPian

please send me the details of the pcocedure n a reliable place where these procedures can be carried out, i am based in bangalore, any part of bangalore is fine.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Go to DTW (Down town works) in Shanti nagar. Satish Bhojanna. They are tuners for Team Pacer Yamaha
Old 13th April 2006, 21:20   #6
BHPian

check warranty cover !!

Hey Cowiee !!
Is your friends bike under the one year warranty? cause a friend of mine wanted to do some mods with the ferrings but the dealer told him tat if due to the mods anything happens to the engine then it wont b covered uder warranty....(HH has some strict policies)
So please check before trying out any performance mods !!
Old 13th April 2006, 21:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nothing will happen to the engine till the warranty ends. Go ahead and mod. Beware if you have some extended warranty. Even if you claim damages,you cant get anything from them. HH is notorious for warranty claims. They always have some reasons not to accept the claim.
Old 14th April 2006, 15:14   #8
BHPian

Here i go again

1. K&N Air filter RC1060, upjet ur carb for better performance.
2. Drop a teeth or two in rear foe top end. Drop a teeth in front for intial.
3.Iriadium spark plug.

These stuff doesnt effect ur warranty.

If you dont mind losing mileage. Port the bike, in means shaving the head n inreasing the vavles. Porting is best done @ Chennai , tectrac.
Also a tectrac exhuast will give u good mid range.

if ur gonna fit a tectrac exhuast, ill give some reports which i have tested zma n plusar's on it.

Last edited by nosfreak : 14th April 2006 at 15:17.
Old 14th April 2006, 20:58   #9
BHPian

hey thank you guys for the advice, the bike dosent have any extende warranty so no probs there.
mail4ajo i will go to shantinagar adn find out more about the stuff.
i will let u guys in on the latest developments.
thanks guys,
regards
Old 14th April 2006, 21:04   #10
BHPian

Hi,
To start I would wanna say that if ur planning to change the rear tyre.. u could go in for a 130 pirelli sports deamon for the rear.. Do not change the alloys as they are enkei and the best that u can get (enkei: same company that supplies rims to the ferrari F1's).
By putting 130 rear's u will loose a fraction on the initial but that would be almost negligible.
Secondly, as people say that simply by putting a K&N or any other power filter u gain some percentage, I would like to tell u thru personal expreince that it is utter non sense.. what u gain is only a small amount of increase in the initial..as the engine revs faster and easier. For actual gains in top end and power u'll need to upjet and trust me that needs to be done to perfection or else no use.
My personal opinion.. the stock form is the best. My freind has a ported zma and the guy is a drag racer.. but guess what.. although he takes me in the intial run say for 200m or so he is slightly ahead but in the top whack and also in a 400m drag.. the stock zma with a 130 rear takes it.
If u are in bangalore and wanna see a run.. pm me.
Cheers
Shrey

Most Viewed