Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 17:20   #91

Re: Bajaj Avenger 220 DTSi Ownership review - Finally I get to feel like God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay S View Post
Got my bike back from 3rd free service. Need a bit of help/advice from fellow avvy owners.
1. Did the gearing slip after the service? When I shift up, occasionally, the chain disengages and engine revs. I then have to reengage the gear. Sometimes, immediately after an upshift, it downshifts automatically and I need to shift up again. Has anyone experienced this? If so, ant way to prevent it from happening?
I bought Avenger Cruise this Diwali and got its first service done recently. I observed the above issue only after first service. Gearing slips off and re-engages giving a small jerk when raising speed to around 60 on 5th gear.
I happened to drive only Bajaj bikes and from my previous experiences at Bajaj Authorized services centers, with Vibbs that there is a chance of some clutch cable adjustment problem. This might also have some connection with engine oil that service center guys fill-in after the service.

Also, when I got the bike first time out of showroom, the idling speed was set too high that I didn't have to use the accelerator at all till I reached home. I reduced it to the acceptable level then. Such is there QC while rolling out a new vehicle.

As Bajaj bikes are easy to understand and tweak, it's better to get your hands on to the minor tweaks needed frequently so as not to rely on mechanics for smaller works (they usually don't pay much attention to smaller tweaks).

Happy riding and always wear a full face helmet while riding
bikerabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 12:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerabhi View Post
I bought Avenger Cruise this Diwali and got its first service done recently.
- Congratulations on your new Avenger. Happy Cruising.

Quote:
Also, when I got the bike first time out of showroom, the idling speed was set too high that I didn't have to use the accelerator at all till I reached home. I reduced it to the acceptable level then. Such is there QC while rolling out a new vehicle.
- I got delivery of my Street 220 over weekend and had exactly opposite issue. Idling was set too low so first thing I had to do was to increase it even before I could get bike out on road. Had a busy weekend so haven't started my ownership post yet.

Quote:
- Lovely message.
umeshd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 12:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought Avenger Cruise this Diwali and got its first service done recently. I
As Bajaj bikes are easy to understand and tweak, it's better to get your hands on to the minor tweaks needed frequently so as not to rely on mechanics for smaller works (they usually don't pay much attention to smaller tweaks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshd View Post
- Congratulations on your new Avenger. Happy Cruising.

- I got delivery of my Street 220 over weekend and had exactly opposite issue. Idling was set too low so first thing I had to do was to increase it even before I could get bike out on road. Had a busy weekend so haven't started my ownership post yet.

- Lovely message.

Congrats guys on the new machine. Please do start your ownership reviews.
I agree the QC on bikes rolling out of the factory can be made better. Also on the Bajaj service centers, I believe most of the time they are so crowded that the Mechanics cannot really give personal attention on the individual bikes. It is better to get them serviced at independent mechanics.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 21:16   #94
BHPian

Hey guys, need your help.
I bought the new Avenger Street 150 on 9th January.
I have problem in engaging the first gear, it just doesn't slot into first from neutral. But this problem is only when I am trying to slot in from a standstill, while moving it's butter smooth.
One more thing is that, when I move the bike myself a bit and then try to put it into 1st again it does.
I am definitely going to show it to the Bajaj guys but can anybody give me an idea about what might be the problem!
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by iss1307 : 11th January 2016 at 21:20.
Old 11th January 2016, 21:51   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Hey guys, need your help.
I bought the new Avenger Street 150 on 9th January.
I have problem in engaging the first gear, it just doesn't slot into first from neutral. But this problem is only when I am trying to slot in from a standstill, while moving it's butter smooth.
It's not a defect as such. It's common and tends to get better after a few thousand kilometers. Neutral to First is usually clunky. My 220 still exhibits this behaviour. If it is too harsh, visit the service centre and get the free play in the clutch adjusted.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 21:56   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
It's not a defect as such. It's common and tends to get better after a few thousand kilometers. Neutral to First is usually clunky. My 220 still exhibits this behaviour. If it is too harsh, visit the service centre and get the free play in the clutch adjusted.
Thanks man! Appreciate your help.
Will visit the SC anyways.
Old 21st January 2016, 21:31   #97
BHPian

Quote:
I bought Avenger Cruise this Diwali and got its first service done recently. I observed the above issue only after first service. Gearing slips off and re-engages giving a small jerk when raising speed to around 60 on 5th gear.
I happened to drive only Bajaj bikes and from my previous experiences at Bajaj Authorized services centers, with Vibbs that there is a chance of some clutch cable adjustment problem. This might also have some connection with engine oil that service center guys fill-in after the service.

I am experiencing the same issue mate.
It automatically downshifts to 4th when I reach around 60kmph in 5th gear.
My Avenger 150 is due for the 1st service as well as oil change, just 320kms done!

Do let me know if you have found any solution to this problem!
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 21:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshd View Post
-

- Lovely message.

Congratulations on your new ride.
Do post your ownership experience soon.
iss1307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 02:12   #99
BHPian

Folks,

Slightly I am looking for a comfortable cruiser bike upto 250cc. Not necessary a cruiser shaped bike, looking at positive reviews how would you all compare Avenger 220 to Honda 160r Hornet vs upcoming Apache 200 vs Pulsar 200rs?

I am inclined towards avenger because both 220cc(s) comes under 1 lakh plus both rider and pillion can cruise comfortably for hours, thanks to cushioned seats and improved suspension. I am not a typical RE/Duke fan. I had ZMA earlier so not sure whether I should go for another ZMA. Budget upto 1.25 lacs.

Requesting Mods to merge my query wherever necessary or if my question is inappropriate here.

Last edited by OneToughRider : 24th January 2016 at 02:13. Reason: Typo
Old 24th January 2016, 21:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Folks,

Slightly I am looking for a comfortable cruiser bike upto 250cc. Not necessary a cruiser shaped bike, looking at positive reviews how would you all compare Avenger 220 to Honda 160r Hornet vs upcoming Apache 200 vs Pulsar 200rs?

I am inclined towards avenger because both 220cc(s) comes under 1 lakh plus both rider and pillion can cruise comfortably for hours, thanks to cushioned seats and improved suspension. I am not a typical RE/Duke fan. I had ZMA earlier so not sure whether I should go for another ZMA. Budget upto 1.25 lacs.

Requesting Mods to merge my query wherever necessary or if my question is inappropriate here.

If you're not a 6 footer go for the Avenger Street 220 without having any second thoughts.
The bike is a lovely machine, I recently purchased the Avenger 150 since I was more inclined towards fuel efficiency as the 220 is really bad in that department and I am not a sedate rider. :P I find the 150 to be very powerful so you can guess what 220 will offer. Avenger is a very nimble bike and a breeze to drive in the city but obviously a larger wheelbase comes with it's own cons.
The CB Hornet is also a VFM proposition but won't be as comfy as the Avenger.
The Apache 200 is a very fast bike and has it has resolved all the refinement issues the previous generations had.
I would only pick the Avenger from the Bajaj stable since I find the Pulsar 200rs to be a wannabe sportsbike.
And the ZMA has been discontinued by Hero as I read somewhere.
Do let us know what you've decided.
Peace.

Last edited by iss1307 : 24th January 2016 at 21:27.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 08:04   #101
BHPian

Hey guys. My avenger 150 is just 2 months old now and it is giving me battery issues. When I use the horn sometimes it goes weak and the full horn doesn't work.
I was thinking of a headlight and horn upgrade soon, but now I doubt if it'll work on the stock battery. Also Bajaj offers a much more powerful horn on the cheaper Pulsar 150 and a stupid horn on the Avenger line. :o
Old 5th July 2016, 18:03   #102
BHPian

Hey guys... Just wanted to know if anyone has made any performance upgrades to their Avenger? I own a 220 & would like know the dos, donts & what are the best options.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed