Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:09   #31
BHPian

Re: My RD350- What do you think?

Are you talking about DAM Motors Anthony?
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
Yo doc, wats up man, long time mate , the seat is shaped to take a gel pad for long rides, butt aint what it used to be
Aint that the truth! Nice to see the old girl doing so well. Remember her in her naked yellow avatar from Chennai now almost 5-6 years ago! Time flies.

Quote:
As for the bits on the bike, engine wise, its a US spec, mildly ported, running wisecos on its second set of rings, CDI is from Ravi Nagesh, this present rebore has run 35K, will run for another 20K comfortably.
Haven't had much luck with re-bores and rings on my 500 man :( Would give an arm and a leg for that kind of top end re-build life. Got a KTM Duke now for serious riding. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ew-family.html

Doppie is now officially retired from 1000+ kms rides. No sense in burning her up when getting parts to re-build her and keep her running is such a fight. Here's her in her current avatar, in Himachal late last year http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2773033

Had a Machismo 500 which I flogged for 4 years before selling her, and a Classic 500 for 3-4 months before selling off what to me was just one big vibrating Karizma.

Last edited by ebonho : 2nd July 2012 at 12:31.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
Are you talking about DAM Motors Anthony?
Yes, Hes the guy behind this bike.

Doc, you are right on the bullet part, after a while they just dont seem to hold up for abuse, my bulls still running on the same top end, but valves have got cut at too frequent a rate, retired the lady as well from long rides.

Good choice on the duke, am doing the mountains this year on the Duke, really looking forward to it
Khodays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
As for the bits on the bike, engine wise, its a US spec, mildly ported, running wisecos on its second set of rings, CDI is from Ravi Nagesh, this present rebore has run 35K, will run for another 20K comfortably.
55k is huge man! nice ride btw,,can you throw some light on the pipes? they look pro to me,, and how does this cdi compare to the chinoy cdi? static or dynamic?
Old 4th July 2012, 14:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Adrian,
That's a neat looking bike which you have in there. The FZ Forks does give it a very macho look and agree to your word on the front mudguard.
Did you try to modding a RD Mudguard to have it seated on FZ Forks? Am sure you would have thought of it.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
55k is huge man! nice ride btw,,can you throw some light on the pipes? they look pro to me,, and how does this cdi compare to the chinoy cdi? static or dynamic?
Thanks man, as for pipes, we have a bunch of them for various setups, this one was made specifically for the track, it was a bomb then, it's a bomb now

As for the CDI, it's static, meets the rev range requirement that I have, gives me a mileage of 14kmpl with pipes, can't complain, can't comment on the chinoy CDi, as I am not using them.

Hope this helps.
Khodays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Howler, what is the Chinoy CDI bro? Never heard of it. Is it imported?

Personally, always preferred CB points myself.

Lepp, you bought a Duke too or borrowing one (IndiMotard etc.)?

Last edited by ebonho : 4th July 2012 at 14:45.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:34   #38
BHPian

Hiring man, yes, from Indimotard.....

Ku69rd- thanks man, did think about it, but frankly, am not too an*# about to, so just let it.....

Last edited by Khodays : 4th July 2012 at 15:39.
Old 6th July 2012, 05:35   #39
BHPian

It might be the angle the photograph was taken in but doesn't the right fork leg look like its curved outwards? Left leg if you sitting on the bike and looking forward.

I am talking about the shot from right ahead.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Howler, what is the Chinoy CDI bro? Never heard of it. Is it imported?

Personally, always preferred CB points myself.

Lepp, you bought a Duke too or borrowing one (IndiMotard etc.)?
no its not, the chinoy CDi is indian built and is supposed to be a pretty good CDi for the rd , rddreams.com . somehow i thought you knew about it . and btw wen you refer to khodays as lepp; dyou mean leppard ?
Old 9th July 2012, 15:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
no its not, the chinoy CDi is indian built and is supposed to be a pretty good CDi for the rd , rddreams.com . somehow i thought you knew about it . and btw wen you refer to khodays as lepp; dyou mean leppard ?
Oh you meant that Chinoy? Never mind then. Sorry I asked.

Vampire?

Last edited by ebonho : 9th July 2012 at 15:50.
Old 9th July 2012, 19:42   #42
BHPian

Full marks for the paint job!! Absolutely classic paint job. The black and gold livery is quite a classic combination. However, you should stick back to the OEM fenders, speedometer, rev counter and the seats. Makes it look more like an RX100 mod job than a RD350 to me. No offences meant just my personal opinion.
Old 9th July 2012, 20:38   #43
BHPian

Wow ! this is one bike I would want to get hold of after Rx 100. Beautiful paint job and colors rightly chosen. Initially I was thinking stock chrome exhaust would have been retained but after few more glances felt the current ones match perfectly to the paint job.

Can I request you to post a video of the bike if possible, my ears are itching to hear the bike's roar with the new exhausts

Enjoy your moments with the black beauty
Old 9th July 2012, 23:31   #44
BHPian

Agree about the front fender, the gold/black combo looks amazing on a RD.

Seriously thinking of a project bike now . Anyone got a rotting RD they want to sell?
Old 11th July 2012, 10:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
+1 to the above comment especially the mudguard. I saw the first pic and immediately my eyes went to the mudguard. Does not seem to gel.

But otherwise superb paint finish and color combination. You said it has done about a lakh kms. You must have spent quite a bit in keeping it maintained in this pristine condition.
+ 1 to the above. Otherwise brilliantly done Just change the mudguard and headlamp

Most Viewed