Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 00:07   #46
BHPian

Re: My RD350- What do you think?

But it's nowhere close to the twin line, that's a stonker, but I will live with this

It handles like an RX, that I like...

Thanks for all the comments guys, will put the audio clip shortly......
Old 6th August 2012, 20:14   #47
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th September 2012 at 10:19. Reason: See note in post.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:12   #48
BHPian

Small update on the bike, post this cosmetic mods, managed to dyno the bike on a Race dynamics dyno at race concepts, thanks to Joel, as we were there primarily to tune the 390, so attaching the dyno graph of the bike...
Attached Thumbnails
My RD350- What do you think?-rd350_adrian.jpg  

Khodays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
Small update on the bike, post this cosmetic mods, managed to dyno the bike on a Race dynamics dyno at race concepts, thanks to Joel, as we were there primarily to tune the 390, so attaching the dyno graph of the bike...
Wow . that s a pretty nice power band you have, 39 at the wheel would prob be closer to 50+ at the crank I'm guessing
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 16:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Wow . that s a pretty nice power band you have, 39 at the wheel would prob be closer to 50+ at the crank I'm guessing
You might be right, but this was far from optimum though, as it was a fun run, theres a leak in the exhaust, jetting is also little off, as there's a flat spot in between, will sort this out shortly and do another pull and then see where I get it at, that should be a hoot.
Old 4th October 2014, 19:31   #51
BHPian

Excellent mods!.

Brings back sweet memories. Purchased a RD350 in 1984. Getting the timing right was always an issue as mechanics were not used to multi cylinder bikes. I had found the rear tyre to be too skinny and it had a tendency to slide sideways under hard braking. Had to sell it off in 1990 after breaking my right wrist in a silly accident at Bombay.

Have you upgraded the rear tyre? Possibly the front disc must be helping in keeping the rear under control.
Wishing you many long rides on the bike.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 11:13   #52
BHPian

Yes Sridhar, tyres are IRC, very sticky and fun, the front disk has made a world of difference, if not it was a death wish on two wheels.
Old 26th August 2017, 13:18   #53
o.D
BHPian

Whats new and hows she running?

Most Viewed