Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 19:08   #16

Re: Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom

The resemblance is startling. At first glance it looks like a straight rip off. But there lies certain, not very obvious, changes which go further than a swap of stickers. The front fairing is broader and, consequently, stockier. There are other alterations as well.

Hero Motors could be carving itself a niche in commuting biking. Something that Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India failed to do with the Honda CBF125, which has seen success in European markets.

The Honda Stunner [aka Honda CBF125] was, and still is, a striking product. However, the Indian consumer mindset takes into account the after sales service and spare parts availability - an area where, apparently, HMSI has failed to inspire confidence insofar as the Honda Stunner is concerned.

To me, it appears that the Hero Ignitor is a product of Honda Stunner's styling, coupled with Hero Motor's extensive network of after-sales service and spares support. That and the fact that it has a product which can take on the mud and slush and still have a drive chain which stays clear of the grime in slushy monsoon seasons. The addition of a digital console, complete with a tachometer, trip meter and a clock is a bonus.

Practical considerations at a price point which makes for a very attractive package. The Ignitor costs a mere Rs. 4000.00 more than the Hero Glamour.

Is this illegal? I do not think so. Nor do I think, M/s. HMSI think any differently. On the contrary, the success of Hero Ignitor might spur on the lagging sales of the Honda Stunner.

Imitation, as it is oft said, is the sincerest form of flattery.

And should Hero Motors go on to manufacture and market a bike that appears to be a rip-off of the Honda CBR 250, maintenance and spares costs in either case may well see a downward spike.
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:09   #17

Re: Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom

Thought of sharing a photo which captures the magical distance travelled of 1111 Kms. It has been only a couple of days more or less, when the 1000 Kms. mark was crossed.

To commemorate this day, I took the bike to 80 Kmph, safely, and back.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom-photo0077.jpg  

Old 17th July 2013, 17:47   #18

Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc stability at high speeds.

I will be brief. The Hero Ignitor is perhaps one of the stable among sports commuters today in the Indian market.

Reaching 70 Kmph and going past that mark is no big deal on motorcycles. Even moped-riders can lay stake to that claim. Hitting a near half-foot deep rough pothole, however, in the middle of road where you would least expect one such to be, at 70 Kmph plus speeds is extremely scary. In those brief moments, wherein I found myself instinctively bracing for impact, my Ignitor sped over and across with nary a sound nor any vibration reveberating throughout its frame. Nor did I experience even the slightest of tremors or tank slaps which usually occur seconds after.

I must say that I was left thanking my lucky stars and the excellent choice that I had made in buying this bike. Either that, or I have damned good fine reflexes to fall back on.

[Attached is a snapshot of the odometer displaying 5555 Kms. travelled.]
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom-photo0263.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks