Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 11:29   #1

Pulsar 220 carburetor on Yamaha FZ16

Dear All,

I searched the entire forum for similar thread but could not find any. So I am starting a new topic. Admin, kindly merge or move to appropriate section if this is in the wrong place.

I ride a Yamaha FZ16 and have been with the bike for the past 3 years. Recently it developed serious carburetor issue like "missing" engine and bike shutting off randomly while riding. I will need to use the choke to start the bike and some times I will have to ride with the choke on. Some times I have to open the throttle completely when the bike is just about to shutoff and its all weird and i am not comfortable revving my bike unnecessarily. "I give the bike for regular servicing with my mechanic friend who is very good and has been maintaining all my bikes since a long time.

He checked the carburetor and told me that the "diaphram" and the "vaccum slider" and "carburetor piston" has issue and cannot be repaired. He suggested to go for a new carburetor. When I checked for FZ carb, i was told it will cost 3600/- and is also out of stock.

Few of my friends suggested me to go for P220 carburetor [2800/-] as it is a direct fitment and gives excellent performance too. My mechanic is slightly confused about the "rear" part of the carburetor fitting properly.

I am not a "technical " person when it comes to motorcycles...so if anyone has done this performance mob, kindly advice on your thoughts.

Regards,

Ebin
Old 8th July 2012, 11:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Pulsar 220 carburetor on Yamaha FZ16

Am really not sure about this setup. But you would have to take notice of the throttle cable and the inlet and outlet manifolds, so advice you to have a check on a friends P220 carb and then go about taking up the modifications.

OT: Something that might interest you.
Fz on steroids by Race Concepts - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 8th July 2012, 13:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pulsar 220 carburetor on Yamaha FZ16

Hi!

I believe your mechanic would be a better person to judge than your friends as it is him who would be working on your Motorcycle.

Try sourcing from some place else or place an order at the Yamaha ASC. I think that would be a better bet.

If nothing works, you may try purchasing a used carb (or the parts you need to replace) from any accidental FZ lying at the ASC.

Thanks & all the best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks