Team-BHP - Baby Ceeber comes home! Honda CBR250R
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Baby Ceeber comes home! Honda CBR250R (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/123335-baby-ceeber-comes-home-honda-cbr250r-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazinga (Post 2839068)
Awesome bike. Am about to go for the same one pretty soon. :)
Do post the ownership experience post the 1st review and some more KMs on the bike.

Howz the backseat comfort on city ride?

It's a great bike. The backseat.. Well, I haven't let anybody else ride my bike yet :D I rode solo on all the city rides so far. But from what my brother said on last night's blast through the highway, it wasn't too comfortable. My mother took one look at it and flatly refused to ride pillion on that thing. I think that it's better than the pillion seat of the new R15 (which is too high set) and the old FZ (where the pillion seat is sloping).

The front seat comfort is okay- I haven't experienced any discomfort so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmessiah (Post 2839136)
It's a great bike. The backseat.. Well, I haven't let anybody else ride my bike yet :D I rode solo on all the city rides so far. But from what my brother said on last night's blast through the highway, it wasn't too comfortable. My mother took one look at it and flatly refused to ride pillion on that thing. I think that it's better than the pillion seat of the new R15 (which is too high set) and the old FZ (where the pillion seat is sloping).

The front seat comfort is okay- I haven't experienced any discomfort so far.

Thanks mate :)
Looking fwd to getting this one in my stable..

Congrats .I saw the tricolor yesterday and it not look good .Single color looks good . Now you are quarter liter super-bike owner :D .Ride safe .

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 2839460)
Congrats .I saw the tricolor yesterday and it not look good .Single color looks good . Now you are quarter liter super-bike owner :D .Ride safe .

Thanks black12rr! My opinion's the same as that of yours. Quarter liter sbk owner.. that makes me feel all the more responsible on road.. I ride very cautiously- too much so, I'm afraid. Stalled thrice today at an intersection due to my hesitancy to give too much throttle. That was embarrassing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmessiah (Post 2839109)
Thank you! The price difference between the

Unfortunately not. The only way I think I can get around this issue is to start wearing shoes- I wear casual sandals all the time. Sure, I'll put up better pics soon!

I tried that also but of no use. If you find a solution, please do share it.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmessiah (Post 2839109)
DOT4's a class of braking fluid, right? I'm mostly ignorant about this, how does it improve the braking performance?

Pls go through this - Brake Fluid

Note - I'm using DOT4 on my Rx as well as CBR & needless to say superior performance & have tested over 6000+ Kms

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2840752)
Pls go through this - Brake Fluid

Note - I'm using DOT4 on my Rx as well as CBR & needless to say superior performance & have tested over 6000+ Kms

Thanks aargee, I'm going to switch to DOT4 too. Did you start using DOT4 after your first service or did you switch as soon as you had bought your CBR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 2839714)
I tried that also but of no use. If you find a solution, please do share it.:)

With practice, I found that the number of times I'm accidentally shifting to third is coming down. I think that the trick is to pay a bit of attention to it and shift gently. Anyways, the error rate has dropped a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmessiah (Post 2841600)
Thanks aargee, I'm going to switch to DOT4 too. Did you start using DOT4 after your first service or did you switch as soon as you had bought your CBR?

Lol!!! My CBR has clocked 28960 Kms in 12 months ;) I switched to DOT 4 at approximately 22760 before starting my GQ trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee
Lol!!! My CBR has clocked 28960 Kms in 12 months ;) I switched to DOT 4 at approximately 22760 before starting my GQ trip.

29K in 12 months!!! I had read about that trip of yours- respect! Ice cold!

Congratulations! I've been contemplating a replacement for my P200 as well.

BTW, here's a little something for you to consider :)

Step by Step installing HID? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Morimoto Mini D2S HID Projector Retrofit - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandit (Post 2841955)
Congratulations! I've been contemplating a replacement for my P200 as well.

BTW, here's a little something for you to consider :)

Step by Step installing HID? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Morimoto Mini D2S HID Projector Retrofit - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Interesting! I kind of like the one in the second link- the Morimoto Mini D2S. What I really would like to buy would be a radiator guard. The one that's available online costs 4 grand. Wish there were cheaper options available- is it possible to fabricate one, by any chance?

The Morimoto D2S are straight fits.. going by the CBR250 forums. So if you get them, i guess they would be stress free fitment for you.

Regarding the crash guard... you could probably get it fabricated locally but i guess you'd have to take exact measurements and also figure out the attachment options to the frame/mount points.

Best if you get a readymade one for the CBR250. Thats what i love about the Honda's.. you almost get every possible customised options on parts for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmessiah (Post 2842141)
Interesting! I kind of like the one in the second link- the Morimoto Mini D2S. What I really would like to buy would be a radiator guard. The one that's available online costs 4 grand. Wish there were cheaper options available- is it possible to fabricate one, by any chance?

Congratulations on the Red CBR! I have the same colour though ABS. Love the bike - own an RE Thunderbird and I've had enough of problems that I have faced on it. Good you did not choose an RE. I'd rather have a hassle free ride than be plastered with a macho look on my face standing by the side of the road with an oil-leaking RE standing next to me!

About the radiator guard - we have a CBR 250R owners group here in Bangalore and got one manufactured. Does a very decent job - you can contact rk_sans for the same. He'll help you out. I can post some pics if you need.

Good luck with the riding and mile crunching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2842486)
Congratulations on the Red CBR! I have the same colour though ABS. Love the bike - own an RE Thunderbird and I've had enough of problems that I have faced on it. Good you did not choose an RE. I'd rather have a hassle free ride than be plastered with a macho look on my face standing by the side of the road with an oil-leaking RE standing next to me!

About the radiator guard - we have a CBR 250R owners group here in Bangalore and got one manufactured. Does a very decent job - you can contact rk_sans for the same. He'll help you out. I can post some pics if you need.

Good luck with the riding and mile crunching!

Thank you naveenroy! I would like to know more about the radiator guard that had been fabricated. Was it a bolt-on job that would fit flush over the radiator or was some welding required?
If you could post a few pics of the same, that would be great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmessiah (Post 2842663)
Thank you naveenroy! I would like to know more about the radiator guard that had been fabricated. Was it a bolt-on job that would fit flush over the radiator or was some welding required?
If you could post a few pics of the same, that would be great!

I have attached a pic with this post. It is just a bolt-on job - no welding required at all. I had removed the left side fairing to get easy access and fit it without any hassle. You can contact rk_sans for more information if need be.