Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 09:30   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn.jpg

This book is written by BHPian Sivavikram and his friend Regos. It's the first in a series of Do It Yourself Manuals for Indian Bikes.

About the Authors

The authors are childhood friends who share a lifelong passion for Motorcycles. They have spent countless hours fiddling with all kinds of motorcycles and hold a special interest in motorcycle design and maintenance. They both hold degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Motorsport Engineering, and are budding First Generation Entrepreneurs.

About the Book

You are probably reading this bit because you ride a bike and you want to know how it works. Or maybe you wish to learn a thing or two about motorcycle maintenance. Better still, you probably wish to attempt servicing and maintaining your bike, all by yourself (the DIY way). This is the book for you then. To most of us, motorcycle maintenance is cleaning the bike and taking it for a service frequently. But there is actually much more to it than cleaning and oiling. It involves performing a specific set of tasks that need to be carried according to a specific schedule. But any of this information is not readily available and is too technical for the regular bike owner. This book aims to provide all that necessary information in the most straightforward simple fashion. It has been written specifically to serve an absolute beginner to motorcycle maintenance and the whole Do It Yourself (DIY) ethic. This book tries not just to show how easy motorcycle maintenance is but also to show how much fun it actually can be.

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-2.jpg

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-3.jpg

Name:  ABC of maintaining Unicorn 4.jpg
Views: 15052
Size:  27.4 KB

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-5.jpg

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-6.jpg

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-7.jpg

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-8.jpg

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-9.jpg

Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn-abc-maintaining-unicorn-10.jpg
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 09:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Book : The ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn

Excellent effort. Thanks to our authors. Please tell me where to get this book from.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Please tell me where to get this book from.
1. ABC of servicing and maintaining your Honda Unicorn by Siva Vikram / Regos | online bookstore | 9789381576731

2. ABC of servicing And Maintaining Your Honda Unicorn 9381576731: Book: REGOS (9789381576731) | Flipkart.com
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:10   #4
BHPian

By the contents table, it seems a balanced book for DIY. It will be good to keep some important engine related work not to describe, because it is better to get it done at Service Center.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:18   #5
BHPian

Excellent thought.

I wonder how many pages the book if published on Royal Enfield will be, and I'm sure it will have the maximum sale
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 12:07   #6
BHPian

Just ordered the book from flipkart. Congratulations to the authors and wishing you all the best. Expect you to continue enlightening bikers around the globe for a long time.
sharanvenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 14:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
By the contents table, it seems a balanced book for DIY. It will be good to keep some important engine related work not to describe, because it is better to get it done at Service Center.
Its interesting you should say that because that's exactly what we thought when we wrote the book. That's why Engine & Transmission related topics have been omitted as it can be a little unnerving for beginners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Just ordered the book from flipkart. Congratulations to the authors and wishing you all the best. Expect you to continue enlightening bikers around the globe for a long time.
Thaks for buying the book! Please give us your feedback after you take a look at it so that we can try and make the rest of the series better.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th July 2012 at 15:16. Reason: Merging posts. Asking for feedback is fine, but please don't request people to write reviews. Thanks.
sivavikram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 15:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivavikram View Post
Thaks for buying the book! Please give us your feedback after you take a look at it so that we can try and make the rest of the series better.
Excellent work. I was thinking why a generic book is unavailable for regular maintenance. This will definitely useful to get to know bikes better and for some satisfying DIY.

I have a classic Fiero. The unicorn book seems to be useful for Fiero as well. Should I get the unicorn book or you have any plans to make one for Fiero or a more similar bike?

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th July 2012 at 15:17. Reason: Updating quote, as it was just edited.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

All that info for just Rs.126 here.

Terrific effort guys.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 16:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Excellent work. I was thinking why a generic book is unavailable for regular maintenance. This will definitely useful to get to know bikes better and for some satisfying DIY.

I have a classic Fiero. The unicorn book seems to be useful for Fiero as well. Should I get the unicorn book or you have any plans to make one for Fiero or a more similar bike?
Thanks for your complements.

The book is written specifically for Honda Unicorn and has 100's of images to help readers understand the Step-by-Step instructions written for Unicorn. Having said that, most bikes in India have very similar configurations and the only things that differ are the placement of parts and fasteners. So, if you are a little inquisitive, you should easily be able to work on your Fiero with the help of this book.

We have TVS Bikes(Apache) on the anvil but since Fiero is quite an old model (no offence) and also because there is only the two of us in the team (Regos) we might not be able to write one for Fiero
sivavikram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 16:26   #11
BHPian

Excellent initiative guys.

My way of showing my appreciation, I just now ordered it through IndiaPlaza.com got it for Rs.109.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 16:39   #12
BHPian

Wow!

The contents of the book look very promising and will make for interesting weekends spent in DIY, I am sure!

Because most of the bike share same basic fundamentals, my guess is that it'd be helpful for any bike that runs on the principles of simple carburetor(?)

Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to get one of these now!
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 20:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Excellent initiative guys.

My way of showing my appreciation, I just now ordered it through IndiaPlaza.com got it for Rs.109.
Thanks a lot. Please do give us your feedback on the book.
Old 21st July 2012, 13:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic effort Sivavikram. Kudos!

Do let us know when you have something on the Bullet (standard).
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 14:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Fantastic effort Sivavikram. Kudos!

Do let us know when you have something on the Bullet (standard).
Thanks a lot. It's written by two of us, my friend Mr Sravan and Myself.

We will let you know when we have the book on Bullet it out.
sivavikram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks