Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 14:49   #1
BHPian

Please suggest a bike!

Hello BHPians, I'm online here after a lot of time because I was busy convincing my parents that I really need a bike. After a lot of requesting, pleading, they finally agreed and were asking my opinion. The budget is till 1.2 lakh. Since KTM showroom is new here and Duke(1.21 lakh as showroom guys told me) would gain special attention, that thought somewhat attracted me. But, yesterday took a test ride and found the rider and pillion seat to be too uncomfortable, hard suspension was another fault and the biggest, My mom thinks for this price, a fat sports bike fits in. My dad was leaned towards Bullets and could extend the budget to rs 1.5 lakh if I opted for it! But somewhat, didn't like it.

Then, 3 days before, I was passing by Yamaha Showroom and saw R15 V 2.0. I stepped outta my car and went in since my friend owns one and is happy with it! The showroom guy told me the price and fell it was the one that fitted snugly in my budget and there were two special editions as well which I fell in love with. The dealer told very few units were left and I must hurry to grab one!

I also considered P220 but somewhat didn't like it. My friend kept shouting at me to buy this one only. Now, I am very confused.

So, BHPians, please suggest me a suitable bike within this budget. I'll be more than happy if all help me. I still have 2-3 months for my birthday to come and I have to make a decision till that. Ill be highly appreciated.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Old 20th July 2012, 14:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Please suggest a bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Hello BHPians, ....

So, BHPians, please suggest me a suitable bike within this budget. I'll be more than happy if all help me. I still have 2-3 months for my birthday to come and I have to make a decision till that. Ill be highly appreciated.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Hey s@ndy, congratulations on the decision & approval of buying a bike ! Wish you good luck & a long riding life too

coming to your options, i dont see Pulsar 200NS in your focus at all. Any specific reason for its ommission ? In my opinion, pulsar 200NS is a wonderful combination of technology & price. You get a reliable engine, worthy performer packaged into a healthy pricing. I would say, go to your nearest bajaj showroom and take a test ride.

FYI, the engine of KTM 200 and pulsar 200NS is very similar and designed by the same team. Only difference being the fuel system, which doesnt matter much in a 200cc bike. Many mags have posted pretty positive reviews as well and suggest it is going to be another winner from bajaj. check it out!
Old 20th July 2012, 14:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend you to list down your requirements (type of use - commuting, track etc - and important parameters (ride, handling, performance, features etc) and then evaluate bikes. Otherwise, the chance of living with a bike which does not satisfy you would be high.

R15 is a good bike. Get one with your eyes shut if you are looking for a bike with very good handling. The bike needs to be reved and it is fun at higher rpm. The riding position can be uncomfortable depending on your height and the kind of traffic you encounter. Take a long test ride and decide.

CBR150 is another bike you can consider in the budget. It seems to be good based on the reviews.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post

coming to your options, i dont see Pulsar 200NS in your focus at all. Any specific reason for its ommission ? In my opinion, pulsar 200NS is a wonderful combination of technology & price. You get a reliable engine, worthy performer packaged into a healthy pricing. I would say, go to your nearest bajaj showroom and take a test ride.
Actually, Pulsar 200NS is not available here et al. The showroom guys said it has been temporarily stopped producing and would come here in 4 months time. First of all, I considered this one only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I would recommend you to list down your requirements (type of use - commuting, track etc - and important parameters (ride, handling, performance, features etc) and then evaluate bikes. Otherwise, the chance of living with a bike which does not satisfy you would be high.

My commute is from my home to college, college to home and a bit of highway action. The roads on which I travel are not so good (of urban perspective). The important parameters are:-

Handling (On-the top of my parameters)
Ride (It should be fine than being great)
Performance (Not really that much needed, 150 to 200 or more cc would be fine)

I would be happy if I can get these all in a single package.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Old 20th July 2012, 15:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My commute is from my home to college, college to home and a bit of highway action. The roads on which I travel are not so good (of urban perspective). The important parameters are:-

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
I guessed handling is important for you as you were not keen on Enfield. R15 and CBR150 seems to be the best fit for your requirements as you are not keen on Duke. Both are good bikes. I find the riding position of R15 uncomfortable (I am 6'2" height). If you are more than average height, I think CBR150 would be more comfortable with not so aggressive position.

I have not test ridden Duke, but reviews and feedback from friends are very good.

Make sure you test ride the bikes extensively before reaching a decision.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

In my opinion the following bikes would really suit your requirements:-

The Karizma R (not the ZMA), its a wonderful handler with the ride quality being the best.

The Pulsar 220. (value for money bike).

The KTM duke (its a monster and since you are in college you will grab a great deal of attention)

Out of these the KTM will stand out as a flashy, sporty, and oomph bike. Not many own this one yet, so the snob value will be high for a guy in college.

CBR, Yamaha R15, etc etc are good but if I were you I would choose the KTM.

I have been to Aamritsar recently and I have seen most of the bikes are either Bullets or the Splendor/ CD 100s. One peculiar thing I noted was that majority (and I mean more than 90% of the bikes I saw), had their handlebar bent towards the rider. I wonder why?
Old 20th July 2012, 15:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
The important parameters are:-

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
For that kind of requirement, look for a sedate performer. R15 needs to be revved high and you ll enjoy it only that way moreover ground clearance could be an issue. if the roads aren't good, you ll have painful wrists & shoulders in any bike with forward stance (R15 & CBR150r to an extent). KTM looks to be your best bet and again pulsar 200NS

I dont own a bike now, but having ridden these bikes, i can say you can go wrong with any of these. Each one can hold its ground with looks & performance as well.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
But, yesterday took a test ride and found the rider and pillion seat to be too uncomfortable

If you find KTM duke uncomfortable, there is a little chance that you will find the R15 anywhere near the comfort factor. Test ride and see before making any decision.

Do try test ride a Karizma. The most refined engine you will find in this budget and overall the bike is value for money.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 15:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread Closed. Similar threads exist. Please search before creating new threads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks