Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2006, 07:22   #31
BHPian

hello everybody,
iwould like to know that honda unicorn 2 valve engine could be converted to 4 valve engine .....if so then list parts which i will need to performance this , if possible then also list manufacturer website also....PLZ...
Old 23rd April 2006, 07:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venugopal
here is the pic of my bike's head (highly polished chamber and valves),im making it an 195 cc fiero.My third job on fieros.I want to super charge my bike.
engine hacker
What is the bore size on this mod? around 66mm....
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:45   #33
BHPian

Hey Venu, would it be worth having such extensive mods on a bike .ie Turbocharger/Supercharger? I mean the bike will be fast and all but how would it effect the regular commuting?
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolinejunkie
Hey Venu, would it be worth having such extensive mods on a bike .ie Turbocharger/Supercharger? I mean the bike will be fast and all but how would it effect the regular commuting?
Since the dawn of automotive industry, humans have sought power.And at as less cost as possible.A small bike will fell like ,a bike with 80% more power.A 200cc fiero like 350 cc bike.If successfull i plan to ,make it as a retro fit.So no extensive mods.
cheers
engine hacker

Last edited by venugopal : 23rd April 2006 at 17:07.
Old 23rd April 2006, 17:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
What is the bore size on this mod? around 66mm....
The bore is 65.5 mm.The bike is faster than ZMA.
Old 24th April 2006, 20:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolinejunkie

Fear not…it will def not affect the commuting part coz with the supercharger, power will kick-in right after idle and will be a treat in the city for signal to signal rush. However if u stay away from revving the nutts off your engine, it will be reliable enough as your stock engine too. I’ve been riding the 200 since almost a year now, have already clocked 13,000kms and its as reliable as a stock engine. It has also taken a lot of thrashing and I have also had endurance rides clocking 400+kms non-stop and 850kms in a single day and that too at 3 digit speeds!
the installation is also gonna be almost like a retro-fit...so no extensive mods will be needed. just wait for our prototype fiero!
Supercharging is the best way to soup our puny engines!
Old 7th September 2008, 09:45   #37

Yeah ! Know That a turbo on a 150 cc bike is useless.. I mean the exhaust is not fast enough to kick the turbo, Even if we fit.. it will be the size of a coin i guess.. and kicks in on the redline which is kinda useless, cuz you have to shift and rpm goes down again.. I think They can fit it on the V-Twin they are working on.. cuz there is a continuous flow of exhaust unlike Single cylinder Engines Exhaust is not every 4 strokes but every 2 strokes from seperate cylinders... may be it will be enough to rotate and build up the pressure..

As far for Super charger goes I saw the one on the fiero, There is no room to gear shift and looks ugly.. I mean i know you cant have the best of both worlds.. looks and power... I wonder how much power it gives ??

Unlike Turbo, Super chargers are know to be gas gustlers... I wonder how much it gives to the liter.. at low rpm riding...
Old 7th September 2008, 17:37   #38

This is back in the days work of the super charger right??
Attached Thumbnails
honda unicorn and turbo chargers-14qhvo.jpg  

honda unicorn and turbo chargers-2637hna.jpg  

honda unicorn and turbo chargers-a3poxe.jpg  

Old 7th September 2008, 21:41   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Fear not…it will def not affect the commuting part coz with the supercharger, power will kick-in right after idle and will be a treat in the city for signal to signal rush. However if u stay away from revving the nutts off your engine, it will be reliable enough as your stock engine too. I’ve been riding the 200 since almost a year now, have already clocked 13,000kms and its as reliable as a stock engine. It has also taken a lot of thrashing and I have also had endurance rides clocking 400+kms non-stop and 850kms in a single day and that too at 3 digit speeds!
the installation is also gonna be almost like a retro-fit...so no extensive mods will be needed. just wait for our prototype fiero!
Supercharging is the best way to soup our puny engines!
Hey Heard abt your 200 Uni, Did you shave your bore or got an other ?? Which Piston you using (is it custom cut?) and last Old CV carb enough ??
What abt gear ratios ?? and Outside Sprocket size (Since it produces more power at the crank now, you can play with the gear ratios and sprokets) ??
And what mileage you getting ??

Most Viewed