Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 10:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Upgrading from a P150. What bike for <1L INR?

If you are still in contention for the apache, i'd say drop this option. Only reason is your height. I'm 6'0" & have been riding a Honda Unicorn 1st gen for the past 7.5 years & the moment i sit on an apache I feel like i've become a midget. The vibes are present even in the recent facelift.

Looks like the pulsar 200 is the bike for you as you have disqualified the Fz, Zma, and the flashy 150's.

Your concern about a product being tested comprehensively is indeed important. It's here in this aspect that the Honda's & Yamahas stay fit in mechanical bits compared to our desi pulsars which im sure you would agree. Keeping this in mind wait a bit, check out a few modded new pulsars and draw up a consensus on how the bike is coping.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5
Your concern about a product being tested comprehensively is indeed important. It's here in this aspect that the Honda's & Yamahas stay fit in mechanical bits compared to our desi pulsars which im sure you would agree. Keeping this in mind wait a bit, check out a few modded new pulsars and draw up a consensus on how the bike is coping.
Disagree with you about the reliability of the Pulsars. The only issues are with the engine vibration and associated problems of the fairing coming loose. These just need to be tightened as part of regular preventive maintenance, and the bike is trouble free. Gives a better mileage too, regardless of how it is ridden.

Not disputing that the Japs are reliable, though. We shouldn't bring mods into the picture here as it is irrelevant to this thread, and one can never compare mods unless they're of the simplest filter or tyre kind.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:22   #18
BHPian

I think the best bike for you would be Karizma ZMR. It sounds a bit dated I know, but it cover all your requirements perfectly, solid reliability, solid service support, comfort and is within your budget. Basically fits your requirements PERFECTLY!

The P 200NS won't be as comfortable I think. Apache 180, I dunno, but I can never convince myself of a TVS (no offence meant to TVS owners).

The only other good option is P 220. But somehow even though I'm a much bigger fan of the Pulsar (owned a 150 DTSi), I would suggest go for the Karizma. Especially as your running is very high. Super comfy, FE of about 35 kmpl is city and good power. Personally think its the best looking of the bunch too.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread Closed. Please search before creating new threads. This topic has been discussed extensively.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks