Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 09:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kinetic Blaze; 165cc, 11.6bhp scooter

Kinetic launched teh first of the Italino series scooters. The Blaze with 165cc, 11.6bhp is teh first of teh series . It will cost 50k approx. Its looks massive when compared to teh rest of Indian scooters. Its got two shox at rear and some new features. Watch out bikers.
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Out of all those manufacturers there, does it have to be Kinetic to launch such powerful scooter? I am looking for a good scooter for my wife for quite some time (Activa/Nova discarded so far), and here it comes, but from Kinetic.
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Out of all those manufacturers there, does it have to be Kinetic to launch such powerful scooter? I am looking for a good scooter for my wife for quite some time (Activa/Nova discarded so far), and here it comes, but from Kinetic.

when talkin about bikes I can understand your agony. but what's wrong with buying Kinetic scooteres?

kinetic Honda and kinetic Nova have been two very successful vehicles.

and this one is almost Italian.

wats wrong?
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:51   #4
BHPian

It launched quite a while back.... it cost 54,000.... I also took a test ride, pretty good performance and amazing suspensions... top speed is 120 km/hr unlike what they're advertising(105 km /hr)... But the whole look is very plasticky... looks like it may break!! But otherwise performance, pick up and all are very good... I'd say its worth it...

P.S. Having the Kinetic logo doesn't make a difference at all... It is a pure Italian bike with a Kinetic sticker on it... If buying its better you enquire about the spare parts first. Because spares for the Comet aren't easily available at all, actually waiting for them is quite a pain!
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:35   #5
BHPian

yeah but comet is imported from korea and is limited edition types so spares will be like SBK spares.
but blaze is regular launch so it should be cool.
i think its definitely worth checkin out
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:36   #6
BHPian

large

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Kinetic launched teh first of the Italino series scooters. The Blaze with 165cc, 11.6bhp is teh first of teh series . It will cost 50k approx. Its looks massive when compared to teh rest of Indian scooters. Its got two shox at rear and some new features. Watch out bikers.

thats true
its really big in size
see specs at:

www.kineticblaze.com
Old 22nd April 2006, 19:33   #7
BHPian

hey guys just went through the technical details of BLAZE it almost as heavy as a 15o pulsar, unicorn or any other 150cc segment bike . So , going by this i pesonally think its slightly heavy for female riders ( no offence) and its almost as pricy as any 150cc motorbike , so what type of market r kinetic aiming yet.
Old 22nd April 2006, 23:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowiee
what type of market r kinetic aiming yet.
Maybe bikers who are toooo lazy to shift themselves .BTW, I have seen 2 or 3 of them on the road so far (2 red and 1 black) and all were being ridden by girls.
Old 23rd April 2006, 00:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowiee
hey guys just went through the technical details of BLAZE it almost as heavy as a 15o pulsar, unicorn or any other 150cc segment bike . So , going by this i pesonally think its slightly heavy for female riders ( no offence) and its almost as pricy as any 150cc motorbike , so what type of market r kinetic aiming yet.
this is just the right recipe for city driving on two wheels with a proper and powerful engine.

Its aimed at those people who want a more powerful vehicle with the comforts of an auto for conjusted city traffic which is also good enough on highways at high speeds.

middle aged men and women, teenagers, young gals are their main target market.

Its more of a niche market like royal enfield bikes with not many vehicles to compete at present.

Kinetic with proper strategy can make good profits from this.
Old 23rd April 2006, 00:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Interesting features.. interesting bikes.. but did they have to mention "Cool ferrari like fins on the front" in the features section!!
Old 26th April 2006, 16:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Top speed 106kmph. 0-60 in 9.29 sec! yuck

I guess with run-in it should do more than 106. Bikers beware!
Old 26th April 2006, 17:19   #12
BHPian

The Blaze is a real work of art
see story in overdrive may
Old 26th April 2006, 17:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Out of all those manufacturers there, does it have to be Kinetic to launch such powerful scooter?
Agreed. I would say it will be worth it if it is a CBU. If Kinetic does anything to that bike, just stay away from it. I am having a junk called Kinetic Honda for the past 3 years and believe me, I am spending more on servicing this junk than my Palio. Every part looks like it can come out any time.
Old 26th April 2006, 17:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
when talkin about bikes I can understand your agony. but what's wrong with buying Kinetic scooteres?
kinetic Honda and kinetic Nova have been two very successful vehicles.
I don't know how successful KH and KN are, but build quality was real bad. I frequently rode Kinetic Marvel of my friend, which is Kinetic Honda v2. It was pathetically built, with every bit of that scooter rattling. One of my friends owned Kinetic Honda and he thinks anything is better than it, when you talk of suspension (But to be honest, I always liked it).

Even today whenever I compare Nova with Activa, Activa seems much more refined and better built than Nova.

Last edited by RX135 : 26th April 2006 at 17:44.
Old 26th April 2006, 18:32   #15
Team-BHP Support

I think that's the coolest scooter on the roads today. Those are as good as your bikes only with a different body styling. I am willing to buy one provided Kinetic has not tampered with that scooter at all. They brought over the erstwhile ItalJet with their portfolio of scooters. Now if I am not mistaken they were sceptical about launching those powerful vehicles here. Last I heard they were thinking of putting in locally built, low-powered Kinetic engines and selling them here.

By the way, have you seen those seats?!! They are absolutely yummy... Go to the colors option on the site... The seats are visible up close.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks