Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 20:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Ninja 300R and 400R to be launched. EDIT: SCOOP Pics on Pg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Only if Bajaj could have launched the Special Edition. It looks cool with the black graphics on the green body. I guess in India we cant be real choosers compared to the International market.
I can understand why Bajaj decided not to bring the SE, the bike already costs a bomb and their assumption would have been that not many people would be willing to spend another ~10k for the decals; but not giving ABS as an option is something I just don't get.
I mean ABS is not for aesthetics, its for safety. The bike is being marketed all over the world as a "Beginner's" bike, so compromising on safety features is just stupid.

The only possible reason I can think of is the fact that the bigger brother(N650) doesn't come with ABS either and they didn't want to give the baby better features. It's like they're making more mistakes to cover up the ones they already made..
sarsh11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 20:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsh11 View Post
I can understand why Bajaj decided not to bring the SE, the bike already costs a bomb and their assumption would have been that not many people would be willing to spend another ~10k for the decals; but not giving ABS as an option is something I just don't get.
I mean ABS is not for aesthetics, its for safety. The bike is being marketed all over the world as a "Beginner's" bike, so compromising on safety features is just stupid.

The only possible reason I can think of is the fact that the bigger brother(N650) doesn't come with ABS either and they didn't want to give the baby better features. It's like they're making more mistakes to cover up the ones they already made..
You are absolutely right. ABS is a must safty feature specially in a country like ours where you have people with such unpredictable driving sense on the roads. I guess the Kawasaki team has not seen the ceat tyre advertisement.....it could have got them thinking.
Old 6th April 2013, 20:27   #48
BHPian

More pics of 300 just came on powerdrifts' Fb page . venue is KTM store
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
Nithin.J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 23:48   #49
BHPian

It would have been a pretty smooth move if bajaj/kawasaki could have brought the price of the older ninja to something less than 2.8 lakh. If only it were possible.
Old 7th April 2013, 00:38   #50
BHPian

those who don't know their limits and their ride's capabilities will crash.... with or without ABS. in my humble opinion.. its a plus point yeah but not something that one can't live without. ABS "will" save lives or someone "will" crash due to absence of ABS... its just absurd in my opinion.
Old 7th April 2013, 02:36   #51
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k24 View Post
those who don't know their limits and their ride's capabilities will crash.... with or without ABS. in my humble opinion.. its a plus point yeah but not something that one can't live without. ABS "will" save lives or someone "will" crash due to absence of ABS... its just absurd in my opinion.
Second that. There had been times when monster bikes were tamed without the fear of locked wheels when braked. Its a good option considering Indian driving conditions but not necessarily indispensable

...the wait continues for sub 1L inline 4.
Old 7th April 2013, 09:06   #52
BHPian

ABS or no ABS.....i guess it is better to appreciate that at least the Indian market is maturing and opening up to launching newer models in the sports category and that too with in a year or so of the international launch. Hope the competition among manufacturers becomes healthier and we see some real good high capacity bikes being launched in our country.
Old 8th April 2013, 09:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
ABS prevents crashes and that simply cannot be disputed. Now if someone is willing to save some money to make do without the feature that is up to the individual.

I once had a near fatal incident at an intersection where I panic braked from around 100 km/h and with just intuition steered around the oncoming van. Without ABS this would have been a serious crash and I would have been toast. No ABS means I wouldn't have been able to steer.

Anyway I just wanted to say that people should be taking these features seriously and not think of them as optional in my opinion.
Old 8th April 2013, 10:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
ABS prevents crashes and that simply cannot be disputed. Now if someone is willing to save some money to make do without the feature that is up to the individual.

I once had a near fatal incident at an intersection where I panic braked from around 100 km/h and with just intuition steered around the oncoming van. Without ABS this would have been a serious crash and I would have been toast. No ABS means I wouldn't have been able to steer.

Anyway I just wanted to say that people should be taking these features seriously and not think of them as optional in my opinion.
ABS and similar are life saving stuff. I just love it on my RTR. Gives you more confidence.

Companies should give it my default, car or bike ; actually the government should make it mandatory.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi-kawasakininja300ii.jpg  

Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi-img_1697.jpg  

Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi-detailninja250r30.jpg  

Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi-kawaninja30020132.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 10:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
ABS is only rider-aid tool and can't prevent crash in all circumstances. Good number of 2 wheeler crashes are due to bike slipping on sand or gravel, where ABS is least effective.

It is, no doubt, very important security feature on bikes and should be adopted wherever possible, but it is not be mandatory "save-all-crashes" feature. In most cases, rider than the ABS decides the crash vulnerability.

Most of us have been driving non-ABS bikes for decades and have reasonably good crash-resistance.
RX135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 10:45   #56
BHPian

I guess we should now think beyond the ABS (as nothing can be done about it) and wait for the launch. The countdown has begun for the 10th.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi-kawasakininja300india.jpg  

sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 13:41   #57
BHPian

Kawasaki Ninja 300 Reaches Dealerships

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/kawas...n-dealerships/
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi-kawasakininja300headlight.jpg  

Last edited by a2k24 : 8th April 2013 at 13:42.
a2k24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 14:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Kawasaki Ninja 300 Reaches Dealerships

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/kawas...n-dealerships/
Pro Biking Vashi quotes Rs 3.80L on road. Breakdown available tomorrow.
sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 17:39   #59
BHPian

Got a call from the KTM dealership where I had enquired for the 390, they had called to update on the Ninja 300 and RC8 available on display at their dealership from next week onwards.

The cost for Ninja 300 is 3. 5 Ex Showroom (Delhi)

The cost of RC* is 20 lacs Ex Showroom (Delhi)

** This is as per the phone converstaion from the dealers.

Last edited by invincible7 : 9th April 2013 at 17:41.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 12:34   #60
BHPian

The price is official.....it is 3.5 L ex showroom Delhi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks