Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 11:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR 250R - 2013

New colors introduced, but technically it's all the same. Personally, I find the color schemes little exciting though

More info here - http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr250r/colors.aspx
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 12:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

The Repsol color option is not available with the ABS one. Red looks great
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - 2013-cbr250r201301.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-cbr250r201304.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-cbr250r201303.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-hondacbr250r2013colours.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 12:44   #3
BHPian

All these colours looks great compared to the current colour options. I personally like the full black colour. Any news on when it will be launched in India.
Old 5th September 2012, 13:35   #4
BHPian

the Repsol color scheme looks brilliant. Is there a difference between the current red and this one? Cbr 250s on a roll
Old 5th September 2012, 14:04   #5
BHPian

Black looks fantastic. Although I like the current Red/silver than the new Full red one.
Any news on engine / feature list update?

I would be disappointed if the upgrade is just limited to colors.
Old 5th September 2012, 15:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Any news on engine / feature list update?
As stated on my post above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I would be disappointed if the upgrade is just limited to colors.
Unfortunately, there's nothing to get disappointed because no manufacturer upgrades technically (unless there're flaws) on a 2 year old motorcycle engine. There're quite few manufacturers who feed on half decade old products or more, so compared to that, this isn't much disappointing
Old 5th September 2012, 15:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Unfortunately, there's nothing to get disappointed because no manufacturer upgrades technically (unless there're flaws) on a 2 year old motorcycle engine. There're quite few manufacturers who feed on half decade old products or more, so compared to that, this isn't much disappointing
But there can be some improvements on the existing package. The Instrument cluster / tail light / Engine tuning can be changed after 2 years in market.
This will see the product shining for few more years.
Unfortunately thats just my view
Old 5th September 2012, 17:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree. However, with the upcoming launch of KTM DUke 350 at a stipulated 'rockstar' price (under 2 lakhs), don't see too many 'neutral' buyers putting money on this one. By neutral I am referring to the buyers who don't have any specific preference (for a naked, sports, tourer, cruiser)but a stipulated budget.

I think time for Honda to up the game in the engine department as well.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile

I agree. However, with the upcoming launch of KTM DUke 350 at a stipulated 'rockstar' price (under 2 lakhs), don't see too many 'neutral' buyers putting money on this one. By neutral I am referring to the buyers who don't have any specific preference (for a naked, sports, tourer, cruiser)but a stipulated budget.

I think time for Honda to up the game in the engine department as well.
completely ghee shakkar statement. I say bring on the cbr400 to combat the evil duke 350;-)
Old 5th September 2012, 19:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
with the upcoming launch of KTM DUke 350
Saar...why're you getting mixed up with two different segments? 250 & 350 are two different segments. IMHO, Honda might already have a toned down version of twin CBR 400 for new Ninja 400

Anyway, it's about the 2013 CBR 250R
Old 5th September 2012, 19:40   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Saar...why're you getting mixed up with two different segments? 250 & 350 are two different segments.
Going to go a bit OT, but having seen this sentiment about not comparing bikes from different segments expressed several times on several threads, I'd just like to point out something:

Yes, it may not make sense to compare bikes from different segments from a technical and marketing aspect, but from the PoV of someone like me, not very technically sound, just looking for an exciting bike that's as different from the daily ride as possible, and has the budget for only one such bike, it does make sense to compare such different bikes from the angle of "which is the best one that I can afford?!" Viewed from such an angle, it does make "sense" to compare a CBR and a Ninja, a P200 and a Duke, a Ducati and a Harley perhaps!

Just my 2 cents, bike gurus will probably find it silly, but I think this represents a lot of people who don't necessarily have the know how of what a bike "segment" even comprises.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 19:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Going to go a bit OT...have the know how of what a bike "segment" even comprises.
I hope OT here means OFFTOPIC

No one restricts, enjoy yourself, if that gives you pleasure, comparing even a S1000RR & CBR 250R
Old 6th September 2012, 01:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Going to go a bit OT, but having seen this sentiment about not comparing bikes from different segments expressed several times on several threads, I'd just like to point out something:

Yes, it may not make sense to compare bikes from different segments from a technical and marketing aspect, but from the PoV of someone like me, not very technically sound, just looking for an exciting bike that's as different from the daily ride as possible, and has the budget for only one such bike, it does make sense to compare such different bikes from the angle of "which is the best one that I can afford?!" Viewed from such an angle, it does make "sense" to compare a CBR and a Ninja, a P200 and a Duke, a Ducati and a Harley perhaps!

Just my 2 cents, bike gurus will probably find it silly, but I think this represents a lot of people who don't necessarily have the know how of what a bike "segment" even comprises.
Exactly. For e.g a buyer like me will also look for the best possible bike within 2 lakh (coz that's the max I'd like to spend on my bike). It's a case of maturity of a market. Indian market is nascent and thus you'll see many such 'cross shopping between segments' type of deals in the near future. Once people know what they want, the buying pattern will become much more streamlined. That only happens once you experience many such bikes. I don't see too many folks having such experience in the near future.

Also, I generally think that people down south are more 'bike savvy' whereas the people up north are more 'car savvy'. So, maybe the buying pattern in Bangalore may be different than in Delhi. If for e.g one of my cousins had to put that kind of money on a bike, the'd rather buy another car.

Quote:
I hope OT here means OFFTOPIC

No one restricts, enjoy yourself, if that gives you pleasure, comparing even a S1000RR & CBR 250R
Well, I'd welcome a CBR400 type of bike though (the one you mentioned earlier).
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 10:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomsome View Post
completely ghee shakkar statement. I say bring on the cbr400 to combat the evil duke 350;-)
Now that would be something wouldn't it?!!!! Is this based on some info doing the rounds or biker daydreaming?

Indian bikers do need a segment (maybe even 2) between the current 250s and 650s.

The 350 and 400 would slot in nicely. So would the 450s .....

The Repsol version looks yummy. Will compete with the Duke in the bling stakes for sure! There will be an orange flood on our roads. Maybe Fanta could latch on .....
Old 6th September 2012, 14:04   #15
BHPian

definitely day dreaming about the cbr400r. the only mention of this bike is in a Korean bike magazine. however, it seems 2013 is gonna be a delicious year for desi bikers with the quarter liter plus bikes from duke, yamaha, Suzuki and tvs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks