Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 11:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

India-spec 2013 Honda CBR250R gets new colours

Link to News Section

With the launch of the Duke 390, Bajaj Auto-KTM might have just set the proverbial cat amongst pigeons, and the competition already seems to be responding. The Honda CBR250R is a motorcycle that is in the cross hairs of the KTM Duke 390, especially in terms of pricing. In what seems like a move to keep the buzz around the CBR250R alive, the Japanese two wheeler giant has announced new paint jobs for the 2013 edition of the CBR250R.

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-2013-honda-cbr250r-repsol-edition.jpg

Curiously, while these colours were introduced internationally by the end of last year, the Duke 390's arrival seems to have spurred Honda India to launch the new shades for the India-spec CBR250R. The Honda CBR250R features four paint schemes for the 2013 model year versions: Red, Black, Pearl Sunbeam White, and the Repsol Edition. Of these, Honda India will build and sell a limited number of Repsol Edition CBR250R motorcycles in order to maintain a semblance of exclusivity.

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-2013-honda-cbr250r-white.jpg

Also, the Honda CBR250R with the Repsol Edition paint job will be a few thousand rupees pricier. A common thread runs across the 2013 edition of the Honda CBR250R, in that the silver panels on the tail section and side fairing get replaced by body coloured panels. This reduces the garishness of the motorcycle's previous paint job by a great extent. Also, the exhaust heat shield and alloy wheels come with an all-black powder coated finish, replacing the Matt-silver finish of the previous year's models. On the Repsol edition, the alloy wheels get an orange paint job.

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-2013-honda-cbr250r-red.jpg

The 2013 Honda CBR250R, with the Repsol Paint job will be offered only on the ABS equipped version of the motorcycles, and is priced at 1,97,699 rupees, ex-showroom Pune. While bookings for the CBR250R's Repsol Edition are open across Honda dealerships, the Repsol Edition of the motorcycle will be available a month later. An interesting aspect about the ABS equipped Honda CBR250R Repsol Edition's price (on road price well over 2 lakhs in most cities) is that the motorcycle is priced higher than KTM Duke 390 (on road price under 2 lakhs in most cities).

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-2013-honda-cbr250r-black.jpg

At that price level, the CBR250R's major advantages include a reasonably comfortable pillion seat, higher tank capacity and better wind protection. However, on the performance front, the 250cc motor of the CBR (outputting 25 Bhp-23 Nm) falls quite short of the KTM Duke 390's 373cc motor (43 Bhp-35 Nm). With KTM projecting the Duke 390 as a tourer, what with its taller sixth gear and accessories such as touring bags and a fly screen, the Honda CBR250R could find the going rough in the coming months.

2013 Honda CBR250R prices in detail:

Honda CBR 250R - 2013-honda-cbr250r-prices.jpg

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 27th June 2013 at 11:34. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 11:29   #32
BANNED

Re: India-spec 2013 Honda CBR250R gets new colours

That Repsol edition looks Amazing!! very close to the MotoGP bike(I guess that is the intention).

Honda also once sold a similar Repsol paintjob on the Unicorn. But that naked bike didn't look anywhere close to this one.

So are there any extra features on that edition as well?
Old 27th June 2013, 12:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
That Repsol edition looks Amazing!! very close to the MotoGP bike(I guess that is the intention).

Honda also once sold a similar Repsol paintjob on the Unicorn. But that naked bike didn't look anywhere close to this one.

So are there any extra features on that edition as well?
Except for the fact that it is only available with ABS, nothing.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:26   #34
BHPian

Would anyone still opt for the CBR when you have a KTM Duke 390 at a mouthwatering price? Its high time Honda slashes the CBR prices. For the quality and spec they provide they are overcharging the Indian customers.
Old 27th June 2013, 17:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Would anyone still opt for the CBR when you have a KTM Duke 390 at a mouthwatering price? Its high time Honda slashes the CBR prices. For the quality and spec they provide they are overcharging the Indian customers.
And, when CBR250R launched, we thought the pricing was fantastic thanks to the Ninja's stratospherically high pricing.

The CBR pricing makes NO sense now. They'll do good by dropping the ABS model atleast. The funniest thing is that they add new colors to tackle the competition from Duke

According to me the most absurd priced bikes now are:
1. N300 (It is a great bike, but with that price...)
2. CBR250R ABS (12K more than Duke 390! 'nuff said)
3. YZFR15 - For heavens sake reduce the price or stop selling this wannabe. This was a game changer when it was launched (I was one of the first ones to buy this) and it is antiquated as a Dino in current times at the current prices. Makes no sense compared to P200 or D200
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 17:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
According to me the most absurd priced bikes now are:
1. N300 (It is a great bike, but with that price...)
2. CBR250R ABS (12K more than Duke 390! 'nuff said)
3. YZFR15 - For heavens sake reduce the price or stop selling this wannabe. This was a game changer when it was launched (I was one of the first ones to buy this) and it is antiquated as a Dino in current times at the current prices. Makes no sense compared to P200 or D200
You forgot the Bullets.

All of them.
ebonho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 17:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
You forgot the Bullets.

All of them.
Good catch Doc!

However, I frankly don't know how they sell in the first place (with or without 390 in place). So, I can't comment on decisions that are not logical
Old 27th June 2013, 17:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Good catch Doc!

However, I frankly don't know how they sell in the first place (with or without 390 in place). So, I can't comment on decisions that are not logical
The two bikes that will be worst hit by the 390 wil be the CBR250 and the RE 500s (esp the TB 500).

At least the Bullet has size and charm going for it. The CBR is in for a rough ride. It stayed marginally afloat in the face of the Duke 200 based on a better top end and pillion-ability. People still justified the huge premium paid based on these two alone (notwithstanding the other obvious gaps in quality, finish, brakes, tyres, suspension, equipment, handling, and fun factor). But now with the 390, there is nowhere left to run or hide, "Repsol" replicas notwithstanding.

Last edited by ebonho : 27th June 2013 at 17:57.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 19:07   #39
BHPian

As good as the 390 is, its a different league from the cbr and shouldnt deter any buyers that are looking at touring capabilities. Besides,Honda cant just cut prices and acknowledge the excellent value proposition of the competition. Yamaha has an opportunity to make the cbr look extremely overpriced. That is, if they ever wake up to the quarter liter bike market.
Old 28th June 2013, 10:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

I also think Dukes would be easier to maintain and cheaper too ( even in case of accidents).

The CBR showed us what a Ninja should have costed if it was made in India. Duke has very less fairing etc and hence they were able to price it low ( or what it ideally should be).

Duke's pricing is like Ecosports; you make it here, you pass on the saving to us.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 13:32   #41
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Hello All,

Setting the cat amongst the pigeons is apt way to describe what the Duke 390 has done to my ambitions of owning a CBR. I seek the advice of the seasoned on this forum while I place my dilemma on the selection of the ride. Argee - our feedback is most welcome for I understand that a good % of these queries are bang in your territory.

Factors :

1. I will use this as a occasional ride from home to office - Regular India Tar road and the distance to and from is about 8 kilometers - Will use it say about 3 to 4 times a week. (Covered and nuisance free parking at work)
2. Weekend Rides will be about once a month for about 70 to 100 Kilometers
3. Am intending to do once in about 3 - 4 months a Chennai Tirupathy and back of about 375 to 400 Kilometers (minor ghat section)- Fairly regular routine.
4. Big Plan is to do a Chennai - Bangalore - Shirdi - Pune (Likely) and back on the ride for about 10 days - As and when i get vacation at work around Nov/Dec likely due to the weather. - NOTE : It is intended to be SOLO ride and I am serious about doing it.
5. I am/was inclined towards the CBR (Was actually waiting for the new color scheme). which is now launched and I want/Wanted the RED !
6. Pillion is almost ruled but for a short drop of wife - Minor joy ride etc.
7. I am looking at a NON- ABS version.
8. Will likely sell in about 3 - 4 years - Greedy like anybody else - the more i get the merrier.

I have been the owner of a Customized RE (Drago) and have had enough with visiting the garage/mechanic and am looking for a reliable ride with a good service backup. Mileage is not a criteria. Funds are a criteria by all means and I am looking at a about a lakh of rupees being funded by the bank for about a year or two. I am 36+ Years and will possibly ride for about 3 to 4 years tops and then its the car all the way. Previously owned a Rx and Bullet (Customized). I am not considering a RE this point forward.

Thanks folks,
Old 1st July 2013, 23:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

@Srini76 - Your requirements are very broad to have met any motorcycle from Platina to Panigale or I'm not sure if you're really confused that's visible in your post.

Chennai to Tirupathy even via the longest route can be done on a good old Rx100

Chennai - Bangalore - Shirdi - Pune...10 days? Even a Platina can do

My sincere suggestion will be...
Try to find out more reasons as why you need a motorcycle
OR
Settle for something lesser, save money & use it for something else

Loving a motorcycle is different from loving to ride; it's the same difference between fantasying an actor & actually acting in a movie.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:57   #43
BHPian

Saw this pic of the Indian 2013 CBR 250R floating on the net. Looks like the tyres are no longer ContiGo! Are they MRFs? Anyone has any clue?

P.S. I hope its not a morphed pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - 2013-image38ac54e919152f1e.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2013, 16:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post
Hello All,

Factors :

1. I will use this as a occasional ride from home to office - Regular India Tar road and the distance to and from is about 8 kilometers - Will use it say about 3 to 4 times a week. (Covered and nuisance free parking at work)
2. Weekend Rides will be about once a month for about 70 to 100 Kilometers
3. Am intending to do once in about 3 - 4 months a Chennai Tirupathy and back of about 375 to 400 Kilometers (minor ghat section)- Fairly regular routine.
4. Big Plan is to do a Chennai - Bangalore - Shirdi - Pune (Likely) and back on the ride for about 10 days - As and when i get vacation at work around Nov/Dec likely due to the weather. - NOTE : It is intended to be SOLO ride and I am serious about doing it.
5. I am/was inclined towards the CBR (Was actually waiting for the new color scheme). which is now launched and I want/Wanted the RED !
6. Pillion is almost ruled but for a short drop of wife - Minor joy ride etc.
7. I am looking at a NON- ABS version.
8. Will likely sell in about 3 - 4 years - Greedy like anybody else - the more i get the merrier.
Okay so basically you just want a street bike which you can use for a rare tourer. Test ride the KTM 200/390 as well as the CBR 250. They are both very different bikes, I would recommend the 390 (but then I've booked one); also kindly buy with ABS. It is safer and the sensible thing to do, besides it can always be switched off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Srini76 - Your requirements are very broad to have met any motorcycle from Platina to Panigale or I'm not sure if you're really confused that's visible in your post.

Chennai to Tirupathy even via the longest route can be done on a good old Rx100

Chennai - Bangalore - Shirdi - Pune...10 days? Even a Platina can do

My sincere suggestion will be...
Try to find out more reasons as why you need a motorcycle
OR
Settle for something lesser, save money & use it for something else

Loving a motorcycle is different from loving to ride; it's the same difference between fantasying an actor & actually acting in a movie.

So any commute/trip can even be done on a TVS scooty. The difference is the way the commute or trip is done.
My friend, kindly do not take offence, but, buying a motorcycle is almost never about needing one in most parts of the world. Here in India with our lower incomes they have become necessities for the general public. If the OP feels that he wants a motorcycle then he is the best judge for it. It is a lifestyle choice at the end of the day, especially when it come to such types of machines (the Ceeber and Katoom are affordable performance bikes in India). He could want one for a Sunday morning breakfast run and that alone would be reason enough.

I fell in love with the Brough Superior SS100 years and years ago. If I could afford to and managed to find one would I buy it? Absolutely in a nutshell and a heartbeat. Would I ride it? No. SO I can see the allure of wanting a bike that looks beautiful to me, even if it is not a collectors bike (like the SS100 is) and will spend more time parked in the garage than on the road.

I can afford a KTM 390, I will not use it to commute. I may use it for some touring, but I suspect that it will mostly be used for joy rides. So even if I put 2000 kms a year on the bike, it is something that I will enjoy doing and is worth it to me.

Kindly do not be offended by my views, they are very simply views and different than yours. There is no correct way or incorrect way at looking at these things, merely different.

I think the OP should follow his passion and buy whichever machine he likes best. This is after all a thing of the heart. Not the brain.

Cheers

imp!

Last edited by imp! : 3rd July 2013 at 16:45.
Old 5th July 2013, 11:55   #45
BHPian

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback Argee and Imp! for helping me out with my selection, I agree with IMP that this bike is more because I love bikes and no so much of a affordability issue. There is very high probability that I will still commute to meetings by Car based on specific demands.

Post due consideration it is indeed a CBR for me Vs the Duke - I tend to go more with the CBR styling since the Duke is my view more younger. The ride's are made based on the bike (i.e.) I am doing those rides ONLY to enjoy the bike/ride - Would I do it in a car? Nope.

Thanks folks for helping me out on this, and IMP whilst I understand the point and importance made on the ABS - I guess I have to go without the ABS for now.

Summary : CBR 250r - New color (RED) - Will post pictures as she arrives home !

Srini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks