Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 18:26   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Voted for Access. I own one since 2010. It's a no-non sense scooter. The pick-up and Mileage is USP. I get around 50KMPL or more. The space underneath the seat is awesome; It can hold a full helmet with ease. Servicing is good.

IMO, the waiting period for some bikes is because of the nexus between Authorised dealers and Multibrand showrooms. When I was scouting for my bike, Activa Dealer said the waiting period is 6-7 weeks. I went to a Multi-brand showroom and their reply was "Sir, just choose a colour, we will get it registered in a week". It's another story that finally I opted for Access125.
Old 27th September 2012, 08:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Have a seen a few Maestro's zipping through the traffic and retaining the compusure on the rough roads also. Any idea how the performance, handling is, any Maestro owners can provide an insight? My cousin (lady) is on a look out for a gearless scooter and I am for one not recomending Activa/Aviator.

Wasnt there some news about Hero stopping production of some bikes/scooter, was Maestro amongs them?
Old 27th September 2012, 11:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Wasnt there some news about Hero stopping production of some bikes/scooter, was Maestro amongs them?
Yes Maestro was one among the models Hero was withdrawing. Maestro has the same suspension set up as Activa/Dio so not sure of the composure handling etc. Why don't you recommend her to try Swish, Access, Wego, Rodeo, Pleasure in the same order and see what she is most comfortable with
Old 27th September 2012, 11:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Why don't you recommend her to try Swish, Access, Wego, Rodeo, Pleasure in the same order
Will Surely do, thanks. But I guess Pleasure is out of reckoning as it does not have an unisex appeal. Most of the times the scooters are bought for the female folks but are used mostly by the male community in the house, hence the appeal has to be for both the sections.

Rodeo again ticked off as Mahindra workshop is nowhere near the residence. Will be asking her to try the yamaha Ray. My cousin has rode the Swish (Access was not made available, dealer promoting Swish more) and Wego and was satified with the ride and handling in both but she said neither clicked (dont know what that means).
Old 27th September 2012, 11:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to Wego, though I do not own one but I have ridden quite a few times and found that the ride and handling is pretty good. Though it does not have telescopic shocks but the seat is large and you have adequate power to putter around in the city. The headlights are also pretty good and spread is better.
Old 27th September 2012, 11:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the times the scooters are bought for the female folks but are used mostly by the male community in the house, hence the appeal has to be for both the sections.
Totally Agree!

Quote:
Will be asking her to try the yamaha Ray.
Ah yes, forgot about the Yamaha Ray. Looks sporty like a Dio with telescopic shocks so should tick most boxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Though it does not have telescopic shocks but....
Wego definitely has telescopic shocks!
Old 27th September 2012, 11:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Maestro was one among the models Hero was withdrawing. Maestro has the same suspension set up as Activa/Dio so not sure of the composure handling etc. Why don't you recommend her to try Swish, Access, Wego, Rodeo, Pleasure in the same order and see what she is most comfortable with
+1 to that.
Why don't this thread be converted to increase more choices and have a fair idea about all the gearless scooters.
Duro DZ, Aviator, Yamaha Ray and Vespa could also be added.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wego definitely has telescopic shocks!
It has? My bad i just checked the site and it says there is telescopic suspension, no wonder the ride was better than our Scooty.
Old 27th September 2012, 14:29   #69
BHPian

Can we add 'Vespa' to the list?
Old 2nd October 2012, 21:34   #70
BHPian

Hey guys after all research we have finally concluded that Honda is off the list - Reliable true but the price, after sales, mileage are a let down. Access is one of the strong choices now. Wego is also off the list as we found the ride nice but, the pickup & overall look was not to our liking.

However, owing to the ever growing Indian auto market - now I am stuck with a few more choices - Yamaha Ray & Vespa. Vespa not so much as it is on road 78K or so mumbai which is beyond our budget. Ray had a good review on TOI waiting to check it out.

Mods: Can we add Vespa & Yamaha Ray to the list ? Please...

Last edited by 90BHP : 2nd October 2012 at 21:35. Reason: Added Wego
Old 5th October 2012, 15:02   #71
BHPian

I vote for Honda Activa as this is a benckmark scooter. Suzuki Access is next to it for me only due to thin After Sales Service. When comparing a Micromax to Samsung, it is worth awaiting for a Honda Activa with the waiting period. Stick to Honda Activa, you will be happy. Additional features like dual brakes, balancing etc., are an attraction. Technically and overall Honda Activa is at its best till now.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 5th October 2012 at 15:06.
Old 5th October 2012, 15:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have a seen a few Maestro's zipping through the traffic and retaining the compusure on the rough roads also. Any idea how the performance, handling is, any Maestro owners can provide an insight?
Having ridden my friend's Maestro, the vehicle is well balanced and very refined. It took the humps and rough with composure and the ergnomics seemed to be sorted out as well. The only thing that was probably not as expected was the pickup which was not electric, but then would easily work for the city conditions. Overall a positive experience.

Since the Maestro is a fuller bike, would recommend the Pleasure for a lady as it has all the virtues of the Hondas albeit lighter and smaller than Maestro.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 15:42   #73
BHPian

Guys,

We have a 2001 LML NV Spl, which was bought for me, but once I moved out of town, my father gave up his long time friend 'Bajaj Chetak' and started using the NV. Now since the last few years my father has a problem in his backbone(not because of the scooter) and when it pains, its really difficult for him to start the scooter using the kick.

I am planning to get an electric start system fit in the NV(probably from LML if they do that), but citing the problems ahead, I am planning to buy a gearless self starting two wheeler for him.

I have no knowledge on Activa's n all, could anyone please guide me which would suit him better. He just rides in the city, sometimes in heavy traffic. Since shocks trouble him when it pains, I am looking at something which is very comfortable.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 15:57   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Guys,

I have no knowledge on Activa's n all, could anyone please guide me which would suit him better. He just rides in the city, sometimes in heavy traffic. Since shocks trouble him when it pains, I am looking at something which is very comfortable.
All the gearless scooters listed are quite good and a close match in terms of overall build, fuel efficiency and power output.

Among them your father can check out the TVS Wego and Suzuki Access in the first pass. Also can test the Hero Maestro and the evergreen Honda Activa but as said earlier it would be best for him to test ride all shortlisted options to check-

-which feels the most comfortable to ride and park
-also depends on your budget and daily usage

Since it is for an elderly person, would recommend the vehicle to be less bulky and light.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 16:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
All the gearless scooters listed are quite good and a close match in terms of overall build, fuel efficiency and power output.
I have heard names for all, but I intended to get an opinion from members who may have any of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Among them your father can check out the TVS Wego and Suzuki Access in the first pass. Also can test the Hero Maestro and the evergreen Honda Activa but as said earlier it would be best for him to test ride all shortlisted options to check-

-which feels the most comfortable to ride and park
-also depends on your budget and daily usage

Since it is for an elderly person, would recommend the vehicle to be less bulky and light.
Exactly my point !! I also want a very light, easy to drive vehicle for him, which doesn't trouble him often. He's not that old and loves riding

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks