Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 16:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Exactly my point !! I also want a very light, easy to drive vehicle for him, which doesn't trouble him often. He's not that old and loves riding
Out of all these would suggest him to check out the Wego first since it a very well rounded package with right proportions, decent power and mileage and also just mentioned a few posts earlier the Hero Maestro found to be a comfortable bike.

You can see enough owners talking about their Wegos in this thread or in the - Gearless scooter thread

Personally have driven these two bikes quite a bit both of my friends but owned none of them.
Old 5th October 2012, 16:44   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Out of all these would suggest him to check out the Wego first since it a very well rounded package with right proportions, decent power and mileage and also just mentioned a few posts earlier the Hero Maestro found to be a comfortable bike.

You can see enough owners talking about their Wegos in this thread or in the - Gearless scooter thread

Personally have driven these two bikes quite a bit both of my friends but owned none of them.
Great !! In that case I'll have to forcibly take him along for test rides, if left upon himself, he will go and book an Activa which is FAMOUS !! But I do not want him either to buy anything which doesn't satisfy him nor do I want him to suffer longer with the wait period on Activa. Thanks buddy
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 16:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I also want a very light, easy to drive vehicle for him, which doesn't trouble him often. He's not that old and loves riding
If light weight is a requirement, then keep out the Activa definitely. If he is still young at heart then he should look out for the Pleasure which is light weight but the negative is spring loaded suspension. If you can wait till festive season start then even Yamaha ray will be in the offing which is light weight and has telescopic suspensions.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 19:56   #79
BHPian

Now a unique problem. I am 6 feet tall. My wife is only 4 ft 7in. I want to buy a bike which both of us can use without straining our backs. Is there a compromise gearless scoot?
Old 6th October 2012, 10:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Now a unique problem. I am 6 feet tall. My wife is only 4 ft 7in. I want to buy a bike which both of us can use without straining our backs. Is there a compromise gearless scoot?
Only one brand comes to my mind in your unique problem i.e either TVS Scooty Streak or Pep+ coz the GC is the lowest amongst the scooters around 135 mm which means it be used by both of you. Try testing either of them or both and see if this suits you.
Old 8th October 2012, 09:55   #81
BHPian

Any ideas on what is the current waiting period for the Activa DLX in Mumbai ? I asked in one showroom and they said bare minimum 3 months ?? I thought this waiting period issue was resolved ...
Old 9th October 2012, 14:54   #82

HI All,
I plan to buy a Yamaha Ray or New Honda DIO, I m not too much a scooter guy. My use would be like 20kms per day. as it takes crazy 1 and a half drive on my car and 25 mins on bike. wish to now ride for a while till i am transfered to another city.

Concerns:
1- Romours are the Yamaha Ray claims a practical fuel efficiency of 55+ (Company claims 62 on highway) and Honda DIo hovers around 40 - 45

2- Honda Scooter has been well established in Market for more than a Decade now and yamaha is gonna prove its sustainance in scooter this year.

3- After Sales service and its cost

4- Resale - as i dont keep my vehicles for more than 2 - 3 yrs
Old 10th October 2012, 10:15   #83
BHPian

Further to my above query on waiting period I also found out that I can get immediate delivery on the Honda Activa if i am ready to pay a 7K premium. The showroom (not dealer but multibrand showroom) claims that it is not a second sale, but first plus they will add in some accessories also to the deal.

Is this reliable ??
Old 10th October 2012, 10:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

^^ Strange. In Pune its available readily, or max 7 days if the colour you want is not in stock, like Red, for example.
Old 10th October 2012, 10:44   #85
BHPian

Checked with 3 dealers..(2 in Mumbai and 1 in Thane) All of them said minimum 3 months waiting on the upper side 4 months. If anyone knows of a dealer in Mumbai or Thane who has ready delivery do let me know
Old 10th October 2012, 10:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Checked with 3 dealers..(2 in Mumbai and 1 in Thane) All of them said minimum 3 months waiting on the upper side 4 months. If anyone knows of a dealer in Mumbai or Thane who has ready delivery do let me know
PMed you the contact details of owner of Vihaan Honda Thane. Try your luck if you can get Activa delivered as early as possible.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 12:06   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
HI All,
I plan to buy a Yamaha Ray or New Honda DIO, I m not too much a scooter guy. My use would be like 20kms per day. as it takes crazy 1 and a half drive on my car and 25 mins on bike. wish to now ride for a while till i am transfered to another city.

Concerns:
1- Romours are the Yamaha Ray claims a practical fuel efficiency of 55+ (Company claims 62 on highway) and Honda DIo hovers around 40 - 45

2- Honda Scooter has been well established in Market for more than a Decade now and yamaha is gonna prove its sustainance in scooter this year.

3- After Sales service and its cost

4- Resale - as i dont keep my vehicles for more than 2 - 3 yrs
Hi People,

Please guide me on Ray vs DIO on above parameters
Old 10th October 2012, 12:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Please guide me on Ray vs DIO on above parameters
Ray would be new entrant in the gearless scooter market in India whereas Honda is quite established. Yamaha service network is wafer thin in comparison to Honda. Dio has been recently given a new look maintaing the same earlier specs with addition of few features of Activa like Combi brakes etc.

If you primary concern in mileage, I would suggest Wego or Access. BHPians who own one of these have reported good mileage. if not then wait till the Ray is available for test drive and then you can take a call between Ray or Dio. Suggest you try others too.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 13:40   #89

Thanks -ghodlur . it i think a month more would make sense to wait for some more reports .
Old 10th October 2012, 14:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
PMed you the contact details of owner of Vihaan Honda Thane. Try your luck if you can get Activa delivered as early as possible.
Well called up the showroom and was informed that currently they are not taking booking for Mumbai based RTO as they are short on manpower.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks