Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 09:43   #121
BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Guys,
Does Access has a front box(not basket) to store items like Honda Activa as an accessory. Anybody purchased the box? A pic would be of great help.

Thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 6th May 2013 at 09:44.
Old 6th May 2013, 09:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys,
Does Access has a front box(not basket) to store items like Honda Activa as an accessory. Anybody purchased the box? A pic would be of great help.

Thanks,
Ramki
Yes Access and Swish both have a OEM front box available. I don't have a pic, but it is well designed. Reasonably spacious and enough space for your legs as well. The Suzuki dealer was offering it for free when purchasing either vehicle.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 10:10   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yes Access and Swish both have a OEM front box available. I don't have a pic, but it is well designed. Reasonably spacious and enough space for your legs as well. The Suzuki dealer was offering it for free when purchasing either vehicle.
Thanks Roy. Now, they are charging for it around Rs.700-800. NO freebies.
On-road price they are quoting is Rs.59,500/-(with standard accessories).
Planning to purchase the vehicle in about a month exchanging my 2006 Honda Activa.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 6th May 2013, 10:20   #124
Senior - BHPian

^ I agree. I was TD-ing this vehicle (and a few others) some time back, for my Father-In-Law's local commuting in crowded Old Delhi. The Swish/Access is my recommendation for him as well. Way better than the Activa in almost all counts, except general perception. The next best seemed to be the Wego, but the recent reliability concerns that I have read up have resulted in me cutting it out of the list. So, it's between Swish and Access for now. We'll be deciding in a week's time.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:41   #125
BHPian

Got the new Activa HET on 5th April - i.e. exactly 1 month back.

The main difference (from what I have gathered from earlier users) is the better mileage. It returned 52 kmpl in the first 20 days (pre first service) and a marginally higher 53.2 post the service (may be slight difference in raod conditions as well as better handling as i am getting used to it more everyday), running 80% in peak Kolkata traffic. That is a 'wow' I guess

Showroom service of all 3 Honda dealers visited was pathetic (compared to the service at Maruti dealership while getting my cars - dont know the benchmark in 2 wheeler industry)

P.S. - coupled with the petrol price drop last week looks like the savings will be enough to cover the EMI
Old 13th May 2013, 12:11   #126
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning a scoot for my better half. After a visit to the showrooms here is an order
1. Vespa
2. Meastro
3. Access 125
4. Ray.

Pls guide/advise.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th May 2013, 13:07   #127
BHPian

Ray is my suggestion. Lightweight.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:38   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Hi All,

Planning a scoot for my better half. After a visit to the showrooms here is an order
1. Vespa
2. Meastro
3. Access 125
4. Ray.

Pls guide/advise.

Thanks in advance.
Did you try the swish? Its easy to handle, feels light weight and looks stylish than Access. (At least this is what my wifey thinks)
Booking a swish today eve with an offer of free accessories worth Rs.1000 :-)
Old 13th May 2013, 14:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Did you try the swish? Its easy to handle, feels light weight and looks stylish than Access. (At least this is what my wifey thinks)
Booking a swish today eve with an offer of free accessories worth Rs.1000 :-)
Haven't really. Infact didnt have a chance to visit Suzuki show room yet. I considered Access125 based on the reviews here but haven't TD'ed myself yet.

Seems like it's time to make a visit to Suzuki now after done with Honda, Hero and Yamaha.

Thanks!
Old 13th May 2013, 14:46   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Vespa
2. Meastro
3. Access 125
4. Ray.
Is the above order based on the preference of your partner? Then best stick with what she likes!! If its Vespa that she is comfortable with then go for it as she will be the primary user and you can use it adhoc as and when needed too.

If the list is based on looks alone, then you can look beyond the Vespa at the Ray which is best suited for ladies and that too the not so tall ones at that. Fellow team-bhpian Yikes has put up a comprehensive review of the Ray which has helped other BHPians take a decision too. You might want to go thru that. Ditto for the others in the list as well.

If you are looking for a suggestion of which is the best in the list, well each one is good in their own way and also has some short comings. Go with whatever vehicle your partner is most comfortable handling in traffic. Do keep us updated about your choice!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 15:44   #131
BHPian

Couple of Observations from my end
1. Yamaha Ray: First to be TDed.
Under seat space or boot space, whatever, is very less and SA himself said about remote possibility of a full face helmet to fit in. Low GC, but that's not much of an issue. Overall, decent looking and 8 free services is a plus point.

2. Honda Dio: Ultra light and bad build quality. Looks too youthful and amateur. Weaker headlamp and better boot space than Ray. Useful combi brakes. The matt finish is not to my wife's taste. She loved the glossy stuff on RAY.

3. Hero Meastro: Masculine top to end. Heavier than most in competition.Bigger boot space. Digital console looks fancy and stylish. Weak and spongy brakes. Overall average ride quality. Better pick up than RAY and DIO.

4. Vespa: Stylish and nice pick up but that's it, pricey and no VFM. If wifey isn't too hell-bent on buying this, I would like to give this one a miss.

Will be TDing Swish and Access 125 this weekend. I know most of these scooters will be similiar in ride quality, build, fuel economy and power; hence the confusion. If I am getting it right, my wife is more inclined towards Maestro or Ray but you can never know ladies

Thanks!
Old 13th May 2013, 16:57   #132
Senior - BHPian

IMO chuck out Vespa if your better half is not too bothered about the looks. The scooter is so light that a slight shift of the handle makes the balance go off. Frankly not a fan of Dio or Ray as they both have body mounted headlamps, not a deal breaker just my opinion.

I would suggest you to also include Hero Pleasure and why no TVS Wego in the list? Dont narrow your list, you never know what the home minister might incline to.
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:15   #133
BHPian

Suzuki Access or the new Honda Activa?

Hi guys,

I'm planning to replace my existing old 2006 Activa with either new version of Activa(the new avatar) or Suzuki Access. As usual i'm in a dilemma on choosing.
Saw reviews on mouthshut regarding Access about the issues. The issues seems to majorly with respect to brakes which are weak. Regarding Activa its the front suspension.

Guys, please help provide me real problems faced in Activa and Access by the bhpians here, so that i can make a choice or any suggestions some other vehicle is also welcome.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 2nd July 2013 at 20:17.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of Observations from my end
1. Yamaha Ray: First to be TDed.
Under seat space or boot space, whatever, is very less and SA himself said about remote possibility of a full face helmet to fit in. Low GC, but that's not much of an issue. Overall, decent looking and 8 free services is a plus point.

2. Honda Dio: Ultra light and bad build quality. Looks too youthful and amateur. Weaker headlamp and better boot space than Ray. Useful combi brakes. The matt finish is not to my wife's taste. She loved the glossy stuff on RAY.

3. Hero Meastro: Masculine top to end. Heavier than most in competition.Bigger boot space. Digital console looks fancy and stylish. Weak and spongy brakes. Overall average ride quality. Better pick up than RAY and DIO.

4. Vespa: Stylish and nice pick up but that's it, pricey and no VFM. If wifey isn't too hell-bent on buying this, I would like to give this one a miss.

Will be TDing Swish and Access 125 this weekend. I know most of these scooters will be similiar in ride quality, build, fuel economy and power; hence the confusion. If I am getting it right, my wife is more inclined towards Maestro or Ray but you can never know ladies

Thanks!
Would not agree on Dio's build quality. Its light for sure but the build quality is pretty decent. As good as any in its class. Infact light build is a huge advantage in city traffic as far as maneuverability is concerned. I would highly recommend it.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:43   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know most of these scooters will be similiar in ride quality, build, fuel economy and power; hence the confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys, please help provide me real problems faced in Activa and Access by the bhpians here, so that i can make a choice or any suggestions some other vehicle is also welcome.
Another alternative to already listed scooters is the TVS Wego. Its a good scooter which will appeal to the ladies too. TD the scooter and find out if it fits you.

The other option is the under rated Mahindra Rodeo/Duro.

Activa is plagued by the poor front suspensions but has good build quality, Access has some bad brakes, but smooth pick up. Since its light weight, the ride isnt confidence inspiring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks