Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 UCE : Ownership Review

Hello Friends.

I am new to the bike section of TBHP glad to see a thread on the 350 UCE Bull being a proud owner of one.

Has any one done any performance mods to their Bull or can suggest any place in Hyd where its done?

Also i am looking for some very good mechanics @ Hyderabad who can handle UCE engines.. ?

Thanks
Sunny
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Hi abhishek24x

Get a rust protective spray for your bike and keep spraying and cleaning rust spots where ever you see them. I suggest Wurth rust-off spray. Costs around 200 bucks. Spray it in all holes, etc where rust can be seen.
Going OT, sorry. I believe the rust-off spray can be used on cars as well? Can I get one to use it on cars?
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Going OT, sorry. I believe the rust-off spray can be used on cars as well? Can I get one to use it on cars?
Yes in general you can use this spray on your car, but where on your car do you want to use this spray?

This spray can be also be used to loosen up screws which get stuck, etc etc.
Old 15th March 2013, 12:46   #19
BHPian

Hi Abhishek,

Can you pls post some pics with the new Wider tyres.?
Also may i ask why did you change your handle bar from short ( OLd CI ones to stock? Did it cause any inconvinence?
I am planning to change my handlebar to short ones( Classic 350 or the old CI ones) and the seats to saddle type with springs.

Thanks
Sunny.
Old 15th March 2013, 13:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Can you pls post some pics with the new Wider tyres.?
Also may i ask why did you change your handle bar from short ( OLd CI ones to stock? Did it cause any inconvinence?
I am planning to change my handlebar to short ones( Classic 350 or the old CI ones) and the seats to saddle type with springs.

Thanks
Sunny.
I haven't yet upgraded since i'm not decided as to which ones to go in for..i'll be upgrading by the end of this month and will post the pics once I get them. Most probably I would go in for 100/90 -19 in front (IRC) and 3.50-19 MRF at rear or in case 100/90-19 seems appropriate in terms of width, then I would go in for these at rear and 90/90 -19 at front (similar to the ones on classic).

Regarding the handlebar, I would again be going in for the old model handlebar which used to come on CI Std or the RD 350 handlebar. The reason for changing back to stock handlebar was due to the flimsy quality of the handlebar that I purchased. This time I would go in for an OEM one if I manage to get one.
Old 6th January 2014, 02:01   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
The reason for changing back to stock handlebar was due to the flimsy quality of the handlebar that I purchased. This time I would go in for an OEM one if I manage to get one.
Abhishek -

It has been a while since this thread has been updated, just wanted to check on your ownership experience, I had a CL 500, which I sold as I was headed for US, now once I am back in India, I am planning for the STD UCE, had a few questions if you may help -

1) How has been the ownership experience thus far.
2) Did you find the OEM short handle bar as I would be looking at the same one.
3) Pardon me for the lack of knowledge, but how the crank being shared with CL500 help.

Thanks

Happy Motoring !!
Old 15th March 2015, 19:34   #22
BHPian

I’ve ordered Dunlop Monster, the only reputed brand in which 19” tyres with MRF zapper like treads are available (110/90-19 for front & 120/80-19 for the rear).

Hi I too want to order the Dunlop Moster tyre for my RE Classic 350. I found the stock MRF zapper tires to be horrible in grip on the highway in both wet and dry conditions. I have zero confidence riding with them over 60kmph.

Please let me know where I can order the Dunlops online?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
DK
Old 15th June 2015, 10:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
On braking in wet conditions, front tyres skid on wet roads as if you’re on ice.
I have had a similar experience. Only a few days ago, I was doing a 30/40 kmph in Palarivattom city and a (Honda) City slowed down in front me. I spotted the car breaking and I had two fingers on the breaks. Riding in a city, I usually leave two fingers on the break lever as a precaution. The car slowed down and so did I. I applied slight pressure on the lever, just about enough for the bike to slow and BAMM!!!! I wobbled, skid and before I could comprehend, I was lying face down (err, helmet down) on the road. I honestly have no idea why my bike did that. The roads were wet, yes, But I have braked harder and in even worse conditions. I had an armored jacket and an excellent helmet and because of that, I was absolutely unharmed. Not even a scratch. Picked the bike up. The crash guard was out of alignment and I fixed it on the spot with my feet and was soon on my way.

So yes, Coming back to the point, BE VERY CAREFUL while breaking on wet roads.
Old 30th July 2015, 18:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrsooraj View Post
So yes, Coming back to the point, BE VERY CAREFUL while breaking on wet roads.
Hello there!

Good that you were unhurt in that unfortunate fall. I wanted to know which bullet do you own? Was it a STD350? Because, what I have heard so far is that STD350 brakes better on wet surfaces compared to CL350. I'm planning to book one this weekend and still deciding between classic or standard.

Thanks!
LazyGunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 22:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
Hello there!

Good that you were unhurt in that unfortunate fall. I wanted to know which bullet do you own? Was it a STD350? Because, what I have heard so far is that STD350 brakes better on wet surfaces compared to CL350.
I use a Classic 350. The breaking of the Classic 350 is obviously better than the Bullet 350 because the Classic comes with a disk break which works really well in dry conditions. As on wet surfaces, I am not really sure if the bullet has an edge and neither do I see how the people who told you the same arrived at that conclusion. But the chances of the front tire locking up is high in classic because the disk offers more breaking power and horrible grip. But I don't think breaking on the wet surface should be your sole criteria for choosing a bullet. However, I can give you a few reasons on why you should go for the bullet instead of the classic.

The bullet has a heavier crank. The riding position of the bullet is simply a lot better; but that's my opinion and others might have different opinions. If you are planning to ride with a pillion (particularly your wife, mother, sister who insists on sitting sideways), the bullet offers a more comfortable and spacious seat.

Keep in mind that the classic has an electric starter and a disk that in other occasions might offer a lot more safety. Ultimately, get a good helmet. That's going to be the price you've put for your head.
msrsooraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I use a Classic 350. The breaking of the Classic 350 is obviously better than the Bullet 350 because the Classic comes with a disk break which works really well in dry conditions. As on wet surfaces, I am not really sure if the bullet has an edge and neither do I see how the people who told you the same arrived at that conclusion.

But the chances of the front tire locking up is high in classic because the disk offers more breaking power and horrible grip. But I don't think breaking on the wet surface should be your sole criteria for choosing a bullet. However, I can give you a few reasons on why you should go for the bullet instead of the classic.

The bullet has a heavier crank. The riding position of the bullet is simply a lot better; but that's my opinion and others might have different opinions. If you are planning to ride with a pillion (particularly your wife, mother, sister who insists on sitting sideways), the bullet offers a more comfortable and spacious seat.

Keep in mind that the classic has an electric starter and a disk that in other occasions might offer a lot more safety. Ultimately, get a good helmet. That's going to be the price you've put for your head.
Thanks for the input Definitely breaking on the wet surfaces wasn't the only criteria. I assumed you had a Bullet350 and fell because of breaking on wet surface. If this piece of info I have got from my sources is wrong, I started worrying about credibility of other info I got from same sources.

Well, I considered crank weight, original looks, seating position as positives of Bullet350. But then, lack of electric start (I would be using it for daily commuting to office in very busy roads with stop and go traffic), lack of disc brakes, lack of gas-powered rear shocks (I'm not sure how much this would help, I'm still trying to understand the differences) as its downsides. On the other hand, classic comes with all these things and looks great as well. If I get a classic I'm planning to try and get some modifications to the pillion seat to make it more comfortable as my wife would be riding with me most of the times.

Having said that, there is something which might be a sole criteria for me to decide which one I'm going to buy. My height! I'm only 5'4" and felt a lot more comfortable while riding my friend's Classic350 compared to another friend's Electra. On Electra I was barely touching the ground with my toes before moving. Once the bike moved, I was comfortable but while riding Classic I was more confident knowing that I can easily reach for the ground if I have to stop suddenly. I have never had a chance to try Bullet350 though.
Old 31st July 2015, 13:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
On Electra I was barely touching the ground with my toes before moving. Once the bike moved, I was comfortable but while riding Classic I was more confident knowing that I can easily reach for the ground if I have to stop suddenly. I have never had a chance to try Bullet350 though.
Electra's positioning is the tallest among bullets. Its got 19 spec tyre on front and rear. As you rightly said, might not be a good choice.
on reading though your driving needs, why don't you try a bullet 500. Maybe just take a test drive.

Whatever decision you take, enjoy the drive. All the best, buddy.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 15:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I use a Classic 350. The breaking of the Classic 350 is obviously better than the Bullet 350 because the Classic comes with a disk break which works really well in dry conditions. As on wet surfaces, I am not really sure if the bullet has an edge and neither do I see how the people who told you the same arrived at that conclusion. But the chances of the front tire locking up is high in classic because the disk offers more breaking power and horrible grip. But I don't think breaking on the wet surface should be your sole criteria for choosing a bullet. However, I can give you a few reasons on why you should go for the bullet instead of the classic.

Thanks for the input Definitely breaking on the wet surfaces wasn't the only criteria. I assumed you had a Bullet350 and fell because of breaking on wet surface. If this piece of info I have got from my sources is wrong, I started worrying about credibility of other info I got from same sources.

Well, I considered crank weight, original looks, seating position as positives of Bullet350. But then, lack of electric start (I would be using it for daily commuting to office in very busy roads with stop and go traffic), lack of disc brakes, lack of gas-powered rear shocks (I'm not sure how much this would help, I'm still trying to understand the differences) as its downsides. On the other hand, classic comes with all these things and looks great as well. If I get a classic I'm planning to try and get some modifications to the pillion seat to make it more comfortable as my wife would be riding with me most of the times.

Having said that, there is something which might be a sole criteria for me to decide which one I'm going to buy. My height! I'm only 5'4" and felt a lot more comfortable while riding my friend's Classic350 compared to another friend's Electra. On Electra I was barely touching the ground with my toes before moving. Once the bike moved, I was comfortable but while riding Classic I was more confident knowing that I can easily reach for the ground if I have to stop suddenly. I have never had a chance to try Bullet350 though.
Old 31st July 2015, 15:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
on reading though your driving needs, why don't you try a bullet 500. Maybe just take a test drive.

Whatever decision you take, enjoy the drive. All the best, buddy.
Bullet500 goes a little out of my budget both while buying and later. I understand that 500 gives almost 10kmpl less compared to 350s, unfortunately its a problem for me. I don't want to get carried away by taking it on a test ride.

I was suggested to try Thunderbird350, but somehow I don't like it that much. So, it will be between Classic350 and Bullet350. I'll TD a Bullet350 tomorrow and make a quick decision. I know it sounds stupid, but that's all the options I have.
Old 31st July 2015, 23:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
My height! I'm only 5'4" and felt a lot more comfortable while riding my friend's Classic350 compared to another friend's Electra. Once the bike moved, I was comfortable but while riding Classic I was more confident knowing that I can easily reach for the ground if I have to stop suddenly.
The only words that matter.
And yes, there are many aftermarket seats available for the classic 350. Pick up a nice one and you're good to go. I also happened to see a classic with a Thunderbird seat (the old AVL Thunderbird with a single seat) and those looked comfortable and spacious. Or maybe it was something that looked like a Thunderbird seat. My sister is 160cm tall. She was comfortable with the height of a classic.
Get a crash guard. That will offer great protection to you and your motorcycles in tiny crashes.

Make sure your wife gets a helmet too.

Get the Classic.

Quote:
I know it sounds stupid, but that's all the options I have.
No, you don't sound stupid.

Last edited by msrsooraj : 31st July 2015 at 23:29.

Most Viewed