Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Punto Re-registration in Kolkata - Car type mentioned as Saloon instead of Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Your friend will now have fun trying to get the bangalore road tax refunded, I expect. With a 4 year old car it'd have been far cheaper to actually sell it in Bangalore and buy a new or pre owned one in kolkata.

I've been going through the transfer and now the refund process and it is exquisitely painful, demanding a lot of patience. :(

As others have pointed out, the hatch / saloon type is immaterial, different RTOs have different entries in their system for this sort of thing and as long as the engine and chassis numbers and manufacturer are a match, nobody cares.
Completely agree, the car is lying un-used in Kolkata and the selling rates he is getting in Kolkata are a lot less than in Bangalore.

Since he doesn't need the car any more, I have offered to buy it at Bangalore rates + delta (since the car is in very good condition) if he can get the car to Bangalore again and re-register it in Bangalore (since there is a new RC card). He can then claim the refund in Kolkata and keep the amount. This was 3 months ago.

Honestly, the speed at which things are moving I don't see how I can get the car before the end of the year. And almost certain his eventual tax refund claim in Kolkata is going to take a decade..
Old 19th November 2016, 20:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Car Transfer Completed But RC Received With Wrong Details

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this warranted for a new thread but could not find a smimilar thread here.

So I purchased a used VW Jetta TDI AT in September 2016. It took a bit longer than normal to get the car transfered as the registration was from MH14 to MH04. I received the original RC today but found a mistake in the details of the car mentioned on the RC. Instead of 'AT' (for automatic) the new RC mentions 'MT' (for manual). I have a copy of the old RC where 'AT' is mentioned. I am sure this will be an issue in the long run should I decide to sell the car later.

Kindly advise what needs to be done in such a case.
Old 19th November 2016, 21:05   #18
BHPian

Re: Car Transfer Completed But RC Received With Wrong Details

Just go to the RC and have them check it out. They'll probably give you a new certificate and it'll be handled very smoothly. Take the cars insurance, invoice and every official paper work. You don't want to get there and find out you don't have the right papers. Hope this helps
Old 20th November 2016, 11:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I am not sure if this warranted for a new thread but could not find a smimilar thread here.

So I purchased a used VW Jetta TDI AT in September 2016. It took a bit longer than normal to get the car transfered as the registration was from MH14 to MH04. I received the original RC today but found a mistake in the details of the car mentioned on the RC. Instead of 'AT' (for automatic) the new RC mentions 'MT' (for manual). I have a copy of the old RC where 'AT' is mentioned. I am sure this will be an issue in the long run should I decide to sell the car later.

Kindly advise what needs to be done in such a case.
Even my 530D has been wrongly mentioned as 525D in the new RC book.
Took almost 3 months to get it transferred to MH48 from MH18.
The received RC is also a cheap paper ordinary looking document.
My problem is that,the old RC does not mention 530D on it,but I have a photocopy of the invoice and insurance copy which mentions 530D.
I have been told that they will manually correct on RC and stamp it.
Old 20th November 2016, 17:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Even my 530D has been wrongly mentioned as 525D in the new RC book.
Took almost 3 months to get it transferred to MH48 from MH18.
The received RC is also a cheap paper ordinary looking document.
My problem is that,the old RC does not mention 530D on it,but I have a photocopy of the invoice and insurance copy which mentions 530D.
I have been told that they will manually correct on RC and stamp it.
This is really shocking! Even my RC is a cheap paper. Apparently I have been told that the RTO is issuing RC on this paper due to no stock of the card type RC. My 2012 Polo 1.6 has the card type RC. But even during that time I received the RC with the engine details as '1.2 MPI' instead of '1.6 MPI'. I immediately got it returned to the dealer who got it rectified. I was given a new RC card.

With reference to my Jetta, there are 3 errors on the RC:

1. Maker's Name is mentioned as 'Volkswagen AG Germany (Skoda)'. Is this right? Does 'Skoda' need to be mentioned here? I doubt it.
The old RC had only 'Volkswagen' mentioned on the RC.

2. Month & Year of Manufacturing is mentioned as '09/2014' where as per he VIN the car is a '02/2015'. Shockingly the same was mentioned in the old RC too.

3. Maker's Class is mentioned 'Jetta (MT) 2.0 TDI (CKD) BSIV' where as it should be 'Jetta (AT) 2.0 TDI (CKD) BSIV' as it was mentioned in the old RC.

The above errors are critical and I can't believe the RTO is so casual about such important details.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 19:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happened to me when i bought the XUV 500 W10 AWD, On the cheap quality RC paper it was written FWD, Even while getting information of the car through various means it comes up as FWD, Since mine was new i directly sent the RC paper to the NBS dealer and asked them to get it rectified, Apparently only a signature on the RC paper is what i got in return, Nothing else mentioned.

Now when i decide to sell my car, Ill have to go through the issue of showing every person who comes to check the car, The proper AWD lock button, Signature on the RC blah blah to convince them its an AWD version.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 21:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Same thing happened to me when i bought the XUV 500 W10 AWD, On the cheap quality RC paper it was written FWD, Even while getting information of the car through various means it comes up as FWD, Since mine was new i directly sent the RC paper to the NBS dealer and asked them to get it rectified, Apparently only a signature on the RC paper is what i got in return, Nothing else mentioned.

Now when i decide to sell my car, Ill have to go through the issue of showing every person who comes to check the car, The proper AWD lock button, Signature on the RC blah blah to convince them its an AWD version.
So you mean to say the changes are made written in pen accompanied by a signature by the authority? They do not bother to issue a new rectified and printed RC?

In that case imagine the number of manual rectifications and signatures on my RC.

Last edited by Epic : 21st November 2016 at 21:05.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 21:20   #23
BANNED

Re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

The one I am facing is a bit common, especially in UP:
Hatchbacks are normally mentioned as 'saloon'
HP(Horse Power) section at times carries the displacement. My Polo 1.2 is registered in UP and its RC reads in Horse Power section as 1198HP
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 21:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you mean to say the changes are made written in pen accompanied by a signature by the authority? They do not bother to issue a new rectified and printed RC?

In that case imagine the number of manual rectifications and signatures on my RC.
Indeed, In my case, FWD was made AWD with a pen, And a signature over there thats it! Honestly i really think it should be rectified in the system as well, Me as a buyer who can now fetch details on a car online would always verify the same while buying a car, Hence online details for my car still shows FWD!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:22   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Maker's Name is mentioned as 'Volkswagen AG Germany (Skoda)'. Is this right? Does 'Skoda' need to be mentioned here? I doubt it.
The old RC had only 'Volkswagen' mentioned on the RC.
Skoda assemble the Jetta for VW. In my case, I have a Skoda Jetta. Some Jags have the Manufacturer as Tata and the Model - Jaguar XF
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 16:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Indeed, In my case, FWD was made AWD with a pen, And a signature over there thats it! Honestly i really think it should be rectified in the system as well, Me as a buyer who can now fetch details on a car online would always verify the same while buying a car, Hence online details for my car still shows FWD!
Oh man it is so silly to have corrections made in pen. In my case my RC will look horrendous.

The shocking part is that in the old RC, the Manufacture Month & Date is mentioned as 09/2014 where as the VIN denotes 02/2015. Irony is that this was was previously owned by the VW Group itself! I mean even they did not bother to change such important details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Skoda assemble the Jetta for VW. In my case, I have a Skoda Jetta. Some Jags have the Manufacturer as Tata and the Model - Jaguar XF
If this is the case then I guess it clears the confusion, but the old RC only says 'Volkswagen'.
Old 25th February 2017, 08:15   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend.

He was looking for a used Lancer and found a 2005 model top end in decent condition & price. On checking the documents he found engine capacity mentioned as 1.8L instead of 1.5L

It's 2nd owner on paper and the previous owners were paying higher insurance premiums without knowing the fact. What is the procedure to get it corrected? (both RC & Insurance)
Old 6th March 2017, 19:49   #28
BHPian

In the RC, my last name is spelled as Sauraba instead of Saurabh. Can this be ignored or should I get it fixed?
Old 6th March 2017, 20:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
In the RC, my last name is spelled as Sauraba instead of Saurabh. Can this be ignored or should I get it fixed?
Don't think it matters in the least. The Accent I owned for 7 years (across MH and KA registrations) had my first name misspelled as Anup. The only annoyance was remembering to renew my insurance with the same spelling, but it never impacted anything removing hypothecation and selling the car off.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 20:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Minor variations in name should not be an issue as the officials will generally ignore these variations, but like noopster has pointed out, please ENSURE that your insurance is having the SAME name as that in RC. Otherwise there is a good possibility of claims not getting honored. While minor claims may get processed, if it is a total loss claim or a theft claim, then name difference becomes a big big problem. Bottom line, If you have the free time, it is always better to get it fixed, but according to me no need to do this in a priority /rush mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The only annoyance was remembering to renew my insurance with the same spelling, but it never impacted anything removing hypothecation and selling the car off.
+1 to this!
haria is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed