Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 12:12   #181
BHPian

Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatifk View Post
I recently bought an Access 125 2013 for 23k.. And then it turned out i was duped.. i had to change the whole clutch parts, rollers, belt.. then came the front fork.. i changed the fork oil, oil seals and spring.. it had gained good power.. but there is an initial jerk at acceleration.. what could that be? Also the damping effect of shocks aint that good.. what should have been the level of oil in the front shock absorbers? And how do i cure this jerk.. i showed it to a mechanic and he says overhaul your engine.. it already costed me 23k for bike 3.5 for clutch.. 1900 registration.. 1100 for fork.. brake bulb.. luggage hook.. center rubber.. Oh yes i replaced the front wheel bearings too.. should i replace the rear wheel bearing? Can any body give me the size of them? So i bring it before i take a sample.. I have only bought original suzuki spares..

Let me know..

Regards..
The jerk you are referring to is due to the clutch but i wonder why is it still there when the clutch parts are replaced. I suggest you get the clutch overhauled (or recheck) again.

Regarding the suspension. The front and rear shocks are provided only for aesthetic purpose and they don't play any role. Trust me when I say this as I ride an access 125 since 2012, done 50 K and the ride is still the same as it has been since day 1. No solution will solve the suspension problem.

At the end my suggestion would be not to spend any more money. If possible sell it and go for a pre-owned activa. My friend is facing the same issues as you after buying a pre-owned access. I am going to hold on to my access for this last year as I am equally frustrated.
Old 29th March 2018, 08:16   #182
BHPian

Hi all, I have just purchased a second hand Suzuki access as i recently moved to Pune. Its done 13350 kms and is 3 years old. The previous owner was the second one and he did not service the vehicle properly in his 11 months of ownership. I just got the vehicle for a wash and got it checked . Some of the issues that have come up in the last one week.

1. Front fender is loose and it's shaking, checked with a local mechanic he said sir it if Fibre and it may require replacement. He said he can check the same when we service the vehicle.

2. Everyday the first time you start the vehicle be it morning, or afternoon it does not start on the self. It just makes some noise post which nothing happens. So i need to Kick start the same and run for a couple of KM's post which the entire day the self start works well. Spoke and read online most folks are saying to get the Battery charged and load tested as the vehicle is 3 years old, it may require a battery replacement as its OEM. I am looking at going for Amaron Rider Pro if the need arises post battery test.

3. The other day the accelerator got stuck at full and the vehicle was not stopping. Got it fixed by a local mechanic and he cleaned the carburetor with petrol. Post which it seems to be working fine.

4.Post checking the same he looked at the air filter box there was a black box which was completely loose and he could just lift it up with his hand. He said the Air filter box is broken and the entire thing needs to be changed. I told him i would look at that during the service.

I am planning to get my vehicle serviced this weekend. Have already bought 3M enginer Flush and Shell Advance AX7 10W40 for the same which should come in by Friday evening.

As i am new to Pune and staying at Nyati County, Mohammadwadi, needed help with any good Suzuki access mechanics in the city who can get my scooter up and running. As i need a reliable person who would be able to identify the issue and get the job done. I did look up the local service centers but the feedback for the same is not great.Any pointers and details for local mechanics would be helpful. As most mechanics near my place are experts on Activa but not that hands on for Suzuki Access.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 10:15   #183
BHPian

@Dushie,
You may contact shirish joshi, i am posting his address and contact number. He is reliable and have used his services for my karizma while i was studying in pune. He is genuine and wont fleece you.

Mods: Not promoting service center just trying to help out a fellow bhpian.

Here are the details below.
Mobike Service.
Shop No. 86, A - 02, Girijashankar Vihar, Opp.Potnis Parisar Housing Society, Karve Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411052
Contact Number:093251 32236
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 12:11   #184
BHPian

Hey, does anyone have the Suzuki Access user manual (PDF or Doc version)?
farhadtarapore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 14:23   #185
BHPian

Thanks for the details of the mechanic. I found one near KEM hospital which was known to a colleague and got it serviced there.

Following jobs were done :
Air Filter box and Assembly complete replacement. Old one was broken and cracked.Engine oil change, buzzer was replaced and complete service done.
I even got the battery charged .

I was driving the scooter daily and its working fine. Currently i am having only 2 issues. First It's giving very low mileage of below 30 that is when i do not drive over 50 and in regular traffic. Second if i do not use the scooter for one day and try starting on the second day it does not start up. The self just keeps making a whining noise but the vehicle does not start. I need to put it on main stand and kick start the same and it works fine. Post that throughout the day, the scooter starts fine on self start without any issues.

The current battery in the scooter is Amco Yuasa balck color. I am wondering if this is still a battery issue or the self starter needs a service.

Any inputs would be helpful as i was expecting a better mileage from this scooter .
Old 11th May 2018, 11:20   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post

The current battery in the scooter is Amco Yuasa balck color. I am wondering if this is still a battery issue or the self starter needs a service.
Seems like a battery issue to me. one way to validate this is take a temperory( good) battery from the battery shop and use it for 2 days. if the bike starts with the starter then its battery, else show it to mechanic for cold start issues. but if it was cold start issue then the kick start also would trouble you. I am 99% sure you need battery replace.
Old 14th May 2018, 11:41   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Hi all, I have just purchased a second hand Suzuki access as i recently moved to Pune. Its done 13350 kms and is 3 years old. The previous owner was the second one and he did not service the vehicle properly in his 11 months of ownership. I just got the vehicle for a wash and got it checked . Some of the issues that have come up in the last one week.

1. Front fender is loose and it's shaking, checked with a local mechanic he said sir it if Fibre and it may require replacement. He said he can check the same when we service the vehicle.

2. Everyday the first time you start the vehicle be it morning, or afternoon it does not start on the self. It just makes some noise post which nothing happens. So i need to Kick start the same and run for a couple of KM's post which the entire day the self start works well. Spoke and read online most folks are saying to get the Battery charged and load tested as the vehicle is 3 years old, it may require a battery replacement as its OEM. I am looking at going for Amaron Rider Pro if the need arises post battery test.

3. The other day the accelerator got stuck at full and the vehicle was not stopping. Got it fixed by a local mechanic and he cleaned the carburetor with petrol. Post which it seems to be working fine.

4.Post checking the same he looked at the air filter box there was a black box which was completely loose and he could just lift it up with his hand. He said the Air filter box is broken and the entire thing needs to be changed. I told him i would look at that during the service.

I am planning to get my vehicle serviced this weekend. Have already bought 3M enginer Flush and Shell Advance AX7 10W40 for the same which should come in by Friday evening.

As i am new to Pune and staying at Nyati County, Mohammadwadi, needed help with any good Suzuki access mechanics in the city who can get my scooter up and running. As i need a reliable person who would be able to identify the issue and get the job done. I did look up the local service centers but the feedback for the same is not great.Any pointers and details for local mechanics would be helpful. As most mechanics near my place are experts on Activa but not that hands on for Suzuki Access.
Any Suzuki Service centre nearby Kondhwa/ NIBM will do the job for you. Suzuki service is still better than others. You might have to replace the battery and the air-box if they have been damaged/ broken.
Change your accelerator cable and the air filter element as well when you give it for a service. I would recommend changing the spark-plug as well
Shirish in Karvenagar is a great guy as recommended by Scorpian but would be a bit far for you. If possible, try him!
Old 20th June 2018, 01:14   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongura View Post
He also left me with a sense disquiet about the scooter and its merits. Is there any merit to said mechanics anti-access thesis? Also, can anyone in this august forum recommend a good Suzuki Access mechanic in Hyderabad -- preferably in the Madhapur / Jubilee Hills / Yousufguda area. Thanks!
I use an Access which is 10+ years old and has around 45000+ on the odo. I got it from a colleague of mine near 4.5 years back and it has failed me just twice in this span. Considering its age and run that is quite a feat.
Now coming to the trusted mechanic shop, I would recommend against what many here would say, go to the authorised service station at tolichowki(Malik Suzuki).

In both cases when my scooter got stranded, I took it to local mechanics and they just ripped the machine. Most dont know how to work on an access.They just do some trial and error job and issues keep recurring. Finally I had to take the scooter to the service center and it works without any trouble. These service center guys know the scooter well and diagnose issues efficiently unlike most activa trained roadside mechanic.

Last edited by saion666 : 20th June 2018 at 01:17.
Old 20th June 2018, 15:31   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
I use an Access which is 10+ years old.... . These service center guys know the scooter well and diagnose issues efficiently unlike most activa trained roadside mechanic.

Another valid reason why Activa sells in spite of below average service center experience.
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 13:02   #190
BHPian

My 6 year old Access is showing signs of aging (I guess so).
There are issues that are bothering me :

Issue # 1: Loss of power after certain speeds. Once I am in the 40 - 50 zone and I accelerate hard, I feel the scooter isn't able to receive the power. Instead, I feel the scooter behaves reluctant to run. I suspect the valves are nearing or have neared their life. However, I do not see any white smoke emitting.

Issue#2 : The scooter switches off when there is no acceleration. This happens only at select times. For example, when I slow down at low speeds in traffic it switches off. I see the solution is tuning up the timing and not a major one. Otherwise, when the scooter is stationery (like in signals) it doesn't switch off.

Issue#3 : Horrible mileage specially in heavy traffic. I get somewhere between 25 to 30 in heavy traffic. I change the air filter in every service without fail.

The vehicle is being maintained with timely services and I have been using Motul engine oil. What could be the probably reason ? It has done close to 60 K KM.

I will be taking it to the authorised service center this friday and will keep you updated.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 13:33   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
My 6 year old Access is showing signs of aging (I guess so).
There are issues that are bothering me :

Issue # 1: Loss of power after certain speeds. Once I am in the 40 - 50 zone and I accelerate hard, I feel the scooter isn't able to receive the power. Instead, I feel the scooter behaves reluctant to run. I suspect the valves are nearing or have neared their life. However, I do not see any white smoke emitting.

Issue#2 : The scooter switches off when there is no acceleration. This happens only at select times. For example, when I slow down at low speeds in traffic it switches off. I see the solution is tuning up the timing and not a major one. Otherwise, when the scooter is stationery (like in signals) it doesn't switch off.

Issue#3 : Horrible mileage specially in heavy traffic. I get somewhere between 25 to 30 in heavy traffic. I change the air filter in every service without fail.

The vehicle is being maintained with timely services and I have been using Motul engine oil. What could be the probably reason ? It has done close to 60 K KM.

I will be taking it to the authorised service center this friday and will keep you updated.
My Access is 8 years old with 65K on odometer. I get a mileage of 35 kmpl in Bengaluru. I have always given the scooter for servicing at Suzuki service centers. I do have the same issue mentioned in #1 though I rarely go over 50 kmph. My usual speed is between 30 to 45 kmph.

Off late I have lost all the trust in the Suzuki service. I will always have a defective service done and have to go back for rectification. This time they have damaged the key which was working perfectly and they insisted on changing the lock set costing Rs 900+. When I started creating a scene, they added oil in keyhole and asked me to use the other key.

All that the service centers are doing is generate a bill running more than 1000 bucks and will come with ideas for changing some or the other part. Very soon I will switch to road side garages for servicing.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 4th July 2018 at 13:44.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:44   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Off late I have lost all the trust in the Suzuki service. I will always have a defective service done and have to go back for rectification. This time they have damaged the key which was working perfectly and they insisted on changing the lock set costing Rs 900+.

All that the service centers are doing is generate a bill running more than 1000 bucks and will come with ideas for changing some or the other part. Very soon I will switch to road side garages for servicing.
I have no way but to rely on the Suzuki guys given the horrible way these external mechanics have dealt with my vehicle in the past.

I have heard the new generation Access is much better but the previous generation is aging quite fast and I hope it won't become a white elephant.

Will decide the fate of my scoot by Diwali.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 4th July 2018 at 14:45. Reason: some corrections
Old 5th July 2018, 12:00   #193
BHPian

@ Abhi,
May i strongly suggest you use a fuel additive like system G for your access and run it for a while. Am sure your issues would be resolved.
I have in the past owned access which had crossed 40k kms and usually gave me this feeling of not running free despite keeping it up to date maintenance wise.I sold it then due to poor mileage etc.
I have now got myself a 2011 pre loved access which i picked up last year and have been using system g fuel additive for the past three tank fulls, i did notice the bike runs a lot better,is more eager to pull and sounds way smoother. Please try that once.
Mechanics at service centers that i have visited usually state the fact that the older engines are a gem as compared to the newer ones.
Old 10th July 2018, 17:11   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@ Abhi,
May i strongly suggest you use a fuel additive like system G for your access and run it for a while. Am sure your issues would be resolved.
I have in the past owned access which had crossed 40k kms and usually gave me this feeling of not running free despite keeping it up to date maintenance wise.I sold it then due to poor mileage etc.
I have now got myself a 2011 pre loved access which i picked up last year and have been using system g fuel additive for the past three tank fulls, i did notice the bike runs a lot better,is more eager to pull and sounds way smoother. Please try that once.
Mechanics at service centers that i have visited usually state the fact that the older engines are a gem as compared to the newer ones.
Where on earth did you find System G? I have been searching for this liquid additive for a while now and seems it's not to be found anywhere in Pune!
If you know of anyone selling this in Pune/ elsewhere please do let me know
The older Access was a bit of a trouble as it started getting older. I have the new Access for about a year now and its a different beast. Very happy with it!
Old 14th July 2018, 22:11   #195
Senior - BHPian

My daughter's 8-year old Access was giving low FE of 30 to 33 kmpl for the past year. So far it has been used for 28000 kms. I was getting it serviced at an FNG nearby for the past 4 years, ever since Ibays shut shop.

But now Gem Motors has opened an outlet in Somajiguda, and I decided to visit them. Gave them the scooter today with the following complaints:-

1. Low FE
2. Choke stuck---no amount of pressure would pull it out. However, the scooter always started with the first start so far (used kick start only when the old battery was due for a change).
3. A kind of whirring sound at speeds over 55 kmpl, with mild vibrations.
4. Crunching sound while braking.

I got a call around noon stating that the clutch components were really worn out, and needed a change. I was annoyed that this had come up with only 28000 clicks on the odo, but the SA said it was normal for 125 cc scooters to have their clutch fried around 25000 kms.

Total bill was Rs 5239 inclusive of GST, which was as expensive as my Fiesta's service.

This included an amount of Rs 400 for rear brake pads, Rs 3500 for 3 clutch parts and a V belt, and the rest for normal service including filters and oil.

However, the vehicle feels as good as new now. Need to drive it over the next 2 weeks to check how many things have improved.

My son also has an Access that is 6.5 years old, and with similar odo reading, but so far has not exhibited any low FE or clutch issues. Hope things do not go wrong with that.

Can Honda Activa 125 users post their maintenance costs? It will help us immensely. I was told 100 cc scooters have their clutch lasting above 30000 kms.

Last edited by vnabhi : 14th July 2018 at 22:12.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed