Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 13:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hooligan finally arrives on the auspicious occasion Dusshera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan_nandwani View Post
Ah Doc!

I am keeping the RPM to around 6000 which limits me to 70 in 6th. Maybe I am being a little over cautious.
Yes you are man. Even at just 7000 rpm, you should be easily over 90.

Quote:
The underside of the engine, towards the front, right after the front under scoop, is greasy. I mean I can feel a layer of oil mixed with dirt getting deposited there. I am being told that this might have been a spill over from some sort of pre delivery oiling etc. I have a feeling that it is an oil leak. I plan to wipe it absolutely clean over the coming weekend and then observe over the next week if the oil layer comes back. Is there anything else I should do?
Over time and running, the chain too throws a lot of its lube to the bottom of the engine casing as well as inside of belly pan. Gets mixed with road grit and becomes a mess. Clean it all out with a pressure wash and observe.

I am actually not clear where exactly you are referring to.

Quote:
Also, there have been a few instances of false neutral and a few more instances of mis-shifts. Should I be raising a concern right away or wait for the first service. I am about 650KM away from my first service.
Pop by to the SVC and check clutch play and igus bush bearing. Also gear shifter link rod length adjustment.

Quote:
How do you keep your bike shiny? Some sort of wax or polish? Any suggestions?
I wash it with Formula 1 shampoo and sometimes wax her as well afterwards. The KTM is really tough to clean. Takes twice as long as my Bullet.

Quote:
How do you clean the radiator grill? Also, I saw a few drops of the coolant on the grill and other areas parts. I am being told that it surplus fluid and it drains off. Is that accurate?
With water and a toothbrush (very lightly, with lots of water to flush). Coolant is very paint unfriendly. Wash away and wipe immediately. You should not have a coolant overspill normally. Unless it boils over. Or the bike tips over. Or some hose or connection somewhere is loose or cracked.

Quote:
The KTM Tankpad costs around 1.5K. I feel its a tad over priced to say the least. I am planning to visit Performance Racing for a couple of things. My question, do other brand tank pads, fit as well? are they the correct size?
No idea about tank pads man. I was thinking of one early on. Till I discovered that the tank shroud (the orange part) costs less than the fancy tank pads.
Old 31st October 2012, 13:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hooligan finally arrives on Dussehra - My KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Rahul you have a picture of these on your bike ? ,where did you get them? . Is it worth 2.2 k?
Havent got any clear pics, but you can seen them on these pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2910973

Ya couple of times they have saved scratches on the forks, specially in tight parkings. They are overpriced as every KTM accessories but they are good in quality. I have also got the fuel cap sticker for 1.8k, it looks pretty good. Will try to take few snaps and post.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post

Ho sorry for mix up, what I thought was fork tubes protector itself .The shinny part where there is travel up and down , one ride in rain ,there is all the dirt on these tubes and inside fork seals .
Old 31st October 2012, 14:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Ho sorry for mix up, what I thought was fork tubes protector itself .The shinny part where there is travel up and down , one ride in rain ,there is all the dirt on these tubes and inside fork seals .
In the manual, its written to periodically pull down the outer dust boots as a lot of the mud/muck which it is supposed to keep away from the iner seals, gets through over time, and accumulates on the insides.

Which if not cleaned, will damage the fork seals (as has been happening to a lot of bikes), and may even score the tubes.

Does anyone know how exactly this is to be done. I would definitely prefer doing this regularly to save the seals.

In an USD, once the seals go, all the oil is directly on to the floor/tyres, unlike in conventional forks where they just mess things up on the tube. So preventive maintenance will necessarily need to be more.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 15:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post

Ya couple of times they have saved scratches on the forks, specially in tight parkings. They are overpriced as every KTM accessories but they are good in quality. I have also got the fuel cap sticker for 1.8k, it looks pretty good. Will try to take few snaps and post.
Hi Rahul, I see in the pics that you also have a tank pad. Is it the original KTM powerpart or some other brand and how much did it cost you?
The fork protector is original KTM?
Old 31st October 2012, 15:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan_nandwani View Post
Hi Rahul, I see in the pics that you also have a tank pad. Is it the original KTM powerpart or some other brand and how much did it cost you?
The fork protector is original KTM?
No tankpad is not ktm, i got it for 900buck from some online store.
Old 31st October 2012, 19:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Does anyone know how exactly this is to be done. I would definitely prefer doing this regularly to save the seals.
Was about to post a question about how to clean the fork boots, any idea which part of the fork is called 'boots'?
Didn't find the part searching through the parts manual.

There is a product from Keriga which protects the fork seals from dust.

KTM power part has similar neoprene fork protectors but the entire fork assembly needs to be removed to fit them.

Attachment is the desi version of the same
Picture Courtesy: Old Fox from xbhp.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hooligan finally arrives on Dussehra - My KTM Duke 200-oldfoxalbumsspiti2012picture83555forkcover2.jpg  

Last edited by samschenker : 31st October 2012 at 19:37.
Old 21st March 2014, 21:12   #23

Hi Karan, congrats on your ride !
What I would like to know is where you got the MetalMan from, and is there any tankpad other from the powerparts one that looks good on the Duke 200.
My D200 is arriving on the 31st (Gudhipaadva) of March.

Regards,
Hrushikesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks