Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 13:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4

So I am revising my option list again with price.

1. Bajaj 200NS - 94 K OTR Pune
4. KTM Duke - 1.43 K OTR Pune

@amit, @praful, @vibbs - Yes I am leaning towards pulsar 200NS now. The only concern I have is, they launched P220 with fuel injection and re-launched again with carb. So what if same happens with 200NS.

Thanks,
Vishal
Good bikes, both. I wouldn't consider either of the other two options you've short listed.

The 200NS has a carburetor, as far as I know. It might get a FI upgrade, but that would probably not be the sole change, will be a while to come, and will be at a significant cost difference as it would probably not be 'N' any longer (speculation).

The cost difference between the Duke and Pulsar is completely justified, though at 50% more, you do need to decide whether you can afford it. And if your wife will be willing to endure it. I've seen a small family (very small child sandwich) on a Duke, and though not pretty, it worked apparently well enough for that person. TD with your wife, decide then on your budget, and happy riding, whatever you choose.

Ps. I would buy the 200 NS simply because I cannot stretch my budget, and I think a more relaxed engine reduces my road-rage tendencies. Would love to buy the Duke if I could, though.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Re: Moving from the RE STD 350 to a new generation motorcycle (Up to Rs. 1.2 Lakhs)

Looks like Bajaj have learned from P220, 200NS runs on Carburetor.

Moving from the RE STD 350 to a new generation motorcycle (Up to Rs. 1.2 Lakhs)-engine.jpg
Old 30th October 2012, 13:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving from the RE STD 350 to a new generation motorcycle (Up to Rs. 1.2 Lakhs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Looks like Bajaj have learned from P220, 200NS runs on Carburetor.
Just a small OT, Bajaj dropped the Fi from the 220 due to business reason. It was nothing technical.
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 13:33   #19
BHPian

Guys,

So here is twist in story. There is Royal Enfield showroom newly opened just 100 meters from my office, I visited it in last week however classic was not available for TD at that time. Today morning while coming to office I saw a Classic 500 DS standing at premises so went there and inquired about TD. Wow I got brand new DS 500 for TD, ODO was showing 20 kms, I started the bike using electric start, idle for 5 sec, its quite surprising, the engine is butter smooth and there is just dhoo dhuoo dhuoo. (company fitted bend silencer) I brought my CI in and parked along and started it. Anyone can point out the smoothness of UCS engine, it is running like pulsar or Honda engine.

Took the DS out, normally they offer TD just half a kms, till traffic signal and then u turn and back but I requested attendant to let me take to open stretch (Pune people may know newly opened Sangamwadi Bridge) and he said OK looking at my STD bullet and my curiosity.

I was riding in 1st, 2nd as I am used RHS but when we reached bridge, I just opened the throttle and DS just zoomed above 60 in some seconds. Wow what a power. The vibration at that speed are negligible compared to my STD. Then I testing breaking, rear break is ok compared however front disc is very prompt also bike was wearing front zapper tire.

Overall I loved the UCE engine, design and whole package. Adding it in my option on 2nd level. Is this practical bike for daily commute?

1. Bajaj 200NS - 94 K OTR Pune

2. Royal Enfield Classic 350 - 1.26 OTR Pune

3. Royal Enfield Classic 500 - 1.56 OTR Pune (out of budget but its rocket )

4. Karizma R not ZMR - around 90 K OTR

5. KTM Duke - 1.43 K OTR Pune

I know that now you will say that I am moving from RE to RE but I am also surprised by the refinement of UCE engine and I will say that difference between CI engine and UCE engine is huge.

BUT my first option is still Pulsar 200 NS. The problem here is I am not getting long TD as showroom don't have dedicated TD bike and they offer TD on brand new non registered bike within their showroom compound.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 31st October 2012 at 13:35. Reason: adding text
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:24   #20
BHPian

Why big silence in Motorbike section? Is all TBHPians moved to CARs

So here is the final decision, what I can say is a bulter can't move to any other bike, riding bull its a addiction. Also what I have learned from my experience is budgets are always for exceeding

So here are my options now:

1. Royal Enfield Classic 350 - 1.26 OTR Pune

2. Royal Enfield Classic 500 - 1.66 OTR Pune

TBHP Bulters please share your thoughts and experience about Royal Enfield Classic 350 and 500. The new RE showroom in the city have less waiting period compared to others and I am booking either 350 or 500 on Diwali Padwa.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:35   #21
BHPian

If you plan to stick to the city limits mostly, go for the 350 CL. Riding the 350 would be relatively easier on the pocket too. If you have the lust for that extra punch, go for the 500. Why don't you check out the newly launched 500 thunderbird?
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
If you plan to stick to the city limits mostly, go for the 350 CL. Riding the 350 would be relatively easier on the pocket too. If you have the lust for that extra punch, go for the 500. Why don't you check out the newly launched 500 thunderbird?
Thanks !

Yes I find 350 practical for daily commute however have some willingness to move on to 500 rocket.

I had look on TBTS 350 and 500 however somehow I didn't like that design as its not retro RE look.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:24   #23
BANNED

I've a TB 350 and enjoy the ride every time though not taken too many long trips. But the TB 500 power on tap is just awesome. If budget is not a constraint It's 500 either TB or CL

Advanced Wishes
sivadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 20:18   #24
BHPian

Guys, Finally booked Royal Enfield Classic 500 ocean green. waiting period is 5 month.
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks