Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:57   #1
BHPian

My new acquisition RD350

Hi Guys,

Here's the pic of my new acquisition. An 1983 HT RD350. If possible please recommend me good mechanics around Hyderabad or Bangalore.

Old 3rd May 2006, 10:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice bike. Seems to be well-maintained. There was an article about the RD350 and a Chennai club of owners in The Hindu of 26/4/06. The guys were mentioning FE in the sub-20s. Man, my Baleno seems to be more economical. :-)
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:53   #3
BHPian

I have a RD 350.. Got in a CDI kit + 2-into-1 exhaust and for the next 300 kms it was giving me 7kpl..... Now, I feel my Aveo is also better than that... But, RD is beauty.. No words can describe it.. Hey.. dude.. have a nice time... There is a guy called Chinoy in BLR.. You can check his website rddreams.com.... he is awesome but very expensive..... For a new buyer I always recommend a better mechanic than a cheap labour/parts.... Remember, in RD you have to be the mechanic.. you need to know every thing about this vehicle... Only then can you maintain and ENJOY the bike..... I am njoyin' it... Wish you the same....
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103
Hi Guys,

Here's the pic of my new acquisition. An 1983 HT RD350. If possible please recommend me good mechanics around Hyderabad or Bangalore.
Very nice bike.. how many Kms has she run?

And the exhaust does not look stock to me..

DTW in Shantinagar are experts in RD 350 , but are a bit expensive
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Coming to chennai may not be economical for you, still you could try Vivek of Tectrac. He is a master in tuning yamaha right from the day Yamaha starting racing in India. If you are looking at high quality service with gaurantee for 3000kms, try V care bikes in chennai.

Else you can stick to Bangalore mechs. Lots of them there. Gotta find one based on your needs and budget.
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Nice bike. Seems to be well-maintained. There was an article about the RD350 and a Chennai club of owners in The Hindu of 26/4/06. The guys were mentioning FE in the sub-20s. Man, my Baleno seems to be more economical. :-)
Supreme,

The best mileage I have heard of in RD's is about 18. It was a bike far ahead of its time. Twin cylinder, 6 gear bike,below 20kms to the litre was unheard of in those days. Hence It died a dog's death.

But no bike in india today can take headon on an RD today barring perhaps the comet.It was a legend and will remain one. It would have sold like hot cakes if brought out today or perhaps reinvented.
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:59   #7
BHPian

The silencers are original HT stock ones but maybe chromeplated. Kms ran no idea but goes great. I feel even the handle bar is original. All seems to be original with a repaint except the indicators. Can anyone guess for what price I took it for. And sorry abt the poor quality of pics, its from my phone. To be more clear. I am posting another set of pics,

Old 3rd May 2006, 14:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

If the engine is in as good a condition as the rest of the body is, anything below 40k would be a steal. We're guessing here, based on mobilephone camera pictures.

That is a very well maintained example. Congrats!
Old 3rd May 2006, 14:11   #9
BHPian

Those dont look like original RD endcans.

Perhaps a pic of the tail section would help to tell for sure.

I would say something like 30k odd for the bike

Quite a few good mechanics for RD's in bangalore-Joe's Garage,Chinoy,Hanuman Motors,Dam Motors etc etc
Old 3rd May 2006, 14:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

@kiran ...thats a very well kept RD ..very nice ....how much did u get it for? ..well i cant guess bcos ..that will kick off offtopic discussions....
do tell the price ..
ride safe
Old 3rd May 2006, 14:54   #11
BHPian

Ok the asking price was 45k but somehow settled for 40k after a month of negotiations. I will try to take the pics of the end of silencers to be clear on it. Many thanks to all for list of good mechanics. I am planning to take it and come to Bangalore this weekend for service. I am new to Hyderabad and do not want to screw it. I dont mind spening some hundreds on transporation.

And beleive me this is a very neat well maintained one.
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:14   #12
BHPian

Kiran congrats buddy,thats one neat bike you got there and by the looks of the pics it looks well kept..

Cheers Ed..
Old 3rd May 2006, 16:33   #13
BHPian

in b'lore u can get in touch with Chinoy, like mentioned above check rddreams.com. He charges u like hell, but then its again for ur RD. How much did u pay for the bike >>
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:17   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103
Ok the asking price was 45k but somehow settled for 40k after a month of negotiations. I will try to take the pics of the end of silencers to be clear on it. Many thanks to all for list of good mechanics. I am planning to take it and come to Bangalore this weekend for service. I am new to Hyderabad and do not want to screw it. I dont mind spening some hundreds on transporation.

And beleive me this is a very neat well maintained one.
40k seems a bit steep.What oversize are you on and what CDi does it run?

Incase Chennai is closer for you then i might be able to help out.I know Someone there....
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:28   #15
BHPian

No idea abt the size of pistons and No CDI still on point system.

Most Viewed