Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 16:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
One question: How did you "push-start" the scooter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think it is possible to push-start a auto scooter as there is no control for the user with the transmission unit so doesn't make sense.
Guys, he is talking about the electric start! You push a button and hence maybe referred to push-start

@Hari, glad that your issues are resolved. In future don't let anyone play with the AFR screw in the carb once it is set up to give you optimum performance and mileage. I too am puzzled about the requirement of 5lts of fuel in the tank. Please clarify!
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 18:31   #17
BHPian

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Guys I meant push start(Self Start).Now the problem is that the scooter takes lot of time to get it started.I mean to say that I have to keep holding the self start switch.After a few seconds the engine comes to life.So basically i went again to SC and the problem is the air screw in the carb so that can be adjusted only when I give it for the second service later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Could not understand. Swish has fuel tank capacity of 6 litres, so a min of 5 ltrs is required for smooth running. If the engine still stalls then the fuel is a definite culprit or the fule filter needs some serious cleaning/replacment.
What I mean to says is that see suppose if you have full tank of fuel in the swish that is 6 litres.1 litre is reserve and the rest 5 litres is for usage.So basically when the 5 litres of fuel gets over and when the scooter is low on fuel or when its in reserve swish 125 has the problem of stalling frequently you feel that its engine is going to die any moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Guys, he is talking about the electric start! You push a button and hence maybe referred to push-start

@Hari, glad that your issues are resolved. In future don't let anyone play with the AFR screw in the carb once it is set up to give you optimum performance and mileage. I too am puzzled about the requirement of 5lts of fuel in the tank. Please clarify!

LOL.You got me right with the push start stuff.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th November 2012 at 18:41. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 18:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Good question MAS.

I don't think it is possible to push-start a auto scooter as there is no control for the user with the transmission unit so doesn't make sense.

Hope the "Beepers" you have mentioned mean the Indicator buzzer. Aren't the indicator buzzers in the accesory list of any scooter/bike? The dealer is giving you lame excuses.

Try another dealer and see what they have to say about it. If it is possible to install in the first service then it can be done as when it is new right?!

Anurag.
@Anurag I meant to say self start.
Old 28th November 2012, 10:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Guys I meant push start(Self Start).Now the problem is that the scooter takes lot of time to get it started.I mean to say that I have to keep holding the self start switch.After a few seconds the engine comes to life.So basically i went again to SC and the problem is the air screw in the carb so that can be adjusted only when I give it for the second service later this month.

What I mean to says is that see suppose if you have full tank of fuel in the swish that is 6 litres.1 litre is reserve and the rest 5 litres is for usage.So basically when the 5 litres of fuel gets over and when the scooter is low on fuel or when its in reserve swish 125 has the problem of stalling frequently you feel that its engine is going to die any moment.

LOL.You got me right with the push start stuff.
try kick starting scooter for the first time you ride in the morning. and for the rest of the time you can use self start. this will not only enhance your scooter battery life but also its performance.

happy riding a great scooter
Old 29th November 2012, 18:44   #20
BHPian

@Haridbc140
Glad to know your problem is (partly?) resolved. AFAIK, any vehicle in a properly tuned state should run equally smooth whether there's 5l or 1l in the tank. I can live with sputtering when say, there's less than 100 ml remaining. I too had problems with the idling on the Access. It appears the carb is a little too sensitive even to small changes. Best is to do it yourself to your liking or take it to a competent mech.
Old 29th November 2012, 19:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_supra

try kick starting scooter for the first time you ride in the morning. and for the rest of the time you can use self start. this will not only enhance your scooter battery life but also its performance.

happy riding a great scooter
Thanks for the tip.I'm doing that these days,It also seems like the starting problem has vanished.All solved.
Old 23rd March 2013, 16:43   #22

Hi guys,

I bought a swish in Aug 2012 and done 4700km till date (low running).

Now this post is about the following problem:

When driving in heavy traffic, if you go at a constant speed of around 10kmph. let go of the throttle while remaining at this speed and then try accelerating, the front of the scooter shudders (moves in jerks) till your speed picks up a bit. This also happens at a speed of around 20kmph.

Have taken it to the service centre two or three times and they tried tuning the carburettor and idling. Then said it could be because of wrong air pressure in the front tyre. They are suggesting 20 in the front tyre. I have tried this but the problem keeps happening.

Does someone have any idea what the issue is due to?

Old 23rd March 2013, 19:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Think juddering at low speeds is much related to the clutch pads than the carburettor. It used to happen in my wave in the initial days. After prolonged usage, the problem used to disappear and the scoot used to launch smoothly. Tried some hard driving in order to burn some of the pad material, and the problem has not shown up till date. The vehicle used to jerk badly at low speeds.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:28   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Hi guys,

When driving in heavy traffic, if you go at a constant speed of around 10kmph. let go of the throttle while remaining at this speed and then try accelerating, the front of the scooter shudders (moves in jerks) till your speed picks up a bit. This also happens at a speed of around 20kmph.

Have taken it to the service centre two or three times and they tried tuning the carburettor and idling. Then said it could be because of wrong air pressure in the front tyre. They are suggesting 20 in the front tyre. I have tried this but the problem keeps happening.

This is not the problem of the air pressure. This has to be because of improper fueling or bad quality petrol. Try another filling station buddy.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 15:23   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Think juddering at low speeds is much related to the clutch pads than the carburettor. It used to happen in my wave in the initial days. After prolonged usage, the problem used to disappear and the scoot used to launch smoothly. Tried some hard driving in order to burn some of the pad material, and the problem has not shown up till date. The vehicle used to jerk badly at low speeds.
Hi audioholic, I think you are probably right in thinking this is related to the automatic clutch because it happens only at two specific speeds (around 10kmph and around 20kmph. Will have to wait and see if it goes away on its own with usage.

Quote:
This is not the problem of the air pressure. This has to be because of improper fueling or bad quality petrol. Try another filling station buddy.

Anurag.
Anurag, I will try anyway to fill up fuel at a different bunk to see if it solves the issue.

Thanks.
Old 24th March 2013, 23:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
they have that RPM sensor thing.

What is this RPM Sensor you refer to? Can it procured by us mere mortals too? Handy for a DIY guy.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Hi guys,

Use the process of elimination to find the root cause:

1. Place the vehicle on main stand so that the rear wheel can rotate free of obstructions. Then start the engine and gently blip the accelerator a few times. If the engine RPM audibly rises and falls smoothly with your inputs, this may not be a fuel quality/carb setting issue. But if you do notice any hesitation/stuttering, this could be it.
2. Find a gentle gradient where you can roll at 10-20 kmph (the speeds where you observe the problem). Try riding down this gradient with the engine off. If it is a problem with any part of the front suspension, you should observe the jerking.
3. Finally try driving on a flat road at the speeds you've indicated. If this is the only time you find the jerking, this is a sureshot transmission (variator/clutch/belt) problem.

From your description, I am inclined towards #3. If so, dont let the service center bull***t you with the carb/air pressure stuff. Very likely they're trying to slip out of a warranty replacement. No option but to spend the time and energy it takes to get it fixed.
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:56   #28

dearmaddy,
Were you able to find solution to the jerking problem you had? If so? what was the issue and how did you get it fixed? Please let me know.

I am facing similar issue in my Access 125. Driving at 10km speed, engaging the throttle again makes the front part of the scooter to shudder/jerk. The problem disappears with increase in speed.

When I took it to service at Apple Auto here in Bangalore, the advisor said that this is due to the dust in the clutch and suggested clutch overhall, which I did, but this has not helped and the problem continues. Useless advisors

Request knowledgeable members - please help me in identifying root cause and remedy for this issue

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks