Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 13:31   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfield dealers selling after-market exhausts as OEM parts!

Hi All

Multiple times on our forum I have read members reporting that RE dealerships are selling exhausts(other than the up-swept exhaust) which are original RE parts and do not void the bike's warranty!

This is NOT true! RE does not officially sell any exhaust other than the stock exhaust and the up-swept exhaust(price around Rs 2900-3000).

All other exhausts being sold by dealerships and brand-showrooms are not approved/supplied by RE.

In fact, I visited one of the best RE workshops in Gurgaon and they were openly selling Sans Inc exhausts to customers and claiming that they are original RE parts. When I inquired further, they told me that they are Sans Inc exhausts and we are providing a bill for the same and will not void your bikes warranty and that we have got them approved from RE. ALL CRAP!!!

They are selling these exhausts at around DOUBLE the cost and playing with both the manufacturer and the customer!

While some of the dealerships are telling customers that if they use after-market exhaust on their bike, the warranty will be void, while others are offering the same exhaust with warranty from RE(as they say)!!!

I will update this thread with pics of after-market exhausts lying in the stock room of one RE dealership in a week or two.

If you are a OEM person like me, then refrain from buying any exhaust from any RE dealer other than the officially sold up-swept exhaust.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 17:01   #2
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield dealers selling after-market exhausts as OEM parts!

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

iron.head,

I had already mentioned about this in the Classic 500 thread. They are claiming other than upswept silencer, others will void the warranty.

Now you are talking about exhausts. There were scratches due to manufacturing defect. When I asked showroom to paint it free of cost for me, they said they have paint cans which I need to buy. These cans are the one available in reliance auto zone and cost of it is 149 Rs. Everything inside is some other manufacturer logo and stuff with MRP price, but only outer cover is ROYAL ENFIELD. Price tag and part number is of Royal Enfield with logo . Now the awesomeness in this is the paint in the can and my DS paint doesnt match and they have raised a part number for the same and claiming its a genuine part. What do you say for this. These RE folks sold it for 450 Rs.

Now I'm afraid giving bike to service center and they plug in any critical part saying its genuine is actually available in JC road for less than half of the price and still they are not original but only part number sticker.

Sometimes I feel enough of pampering RE due to its legacy and move on with other better and reliable options we have. But sentiments for the brand dont allow to do so.

Even I will post the picture of the paint i bought it from them. Need some time.

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2012 at 22:45. Reason: Correcting typos
Endofdayz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th December 2012, 18:14   #3
BHPian

@Endofdayz: IMO RE dealerships don't do this scamming with critical engine parts and are reliable enough if you can inspect the parts/packaging and get things done in front of yourself all the time.
Old 17th December 2012, 22:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
... RE does not officially sell any exhaust other than the stock exhaust and the up-swept exhaust....
I can't say about Uce specific but RE does sell short bottle silencers as their brand packed spare. It is not a repacked item & interestingly the part description reads "_ _ _ silencer (after market)" meant for pre-unit engines. RE does attempt to cash in from non-stock parts for eg., "handle bar - high rise", then an air filter element & the like.

The catch is where dealers sell locally sourced items as factory supplied. Blame it on those who blindly buy even when the part shouts non OE maker's label. I've seen Brand store making these available just b'coz of the demand.

Buyer beware, that matters when with RE

Last edited by Rennjit : 17th December 2012 at 22:38. Reason: ;-)
Old 26th December 2012, 15:05   #5

Re: Royal Enfield dealers selling after-market exhausts as OEM parts!

Though, in my experience, it is largely a dealer-specific thing. At one of the dealers here in Ahmedabad, there were non-OEM parts on display including exhausts like the "Indori" type and other such types. At first, it did amaze me 'cause it is common knowledge that installation of such spares will void the warranty on your machine. Out of curiosity, I asked one of the salespersons about the "Indori" exhaust on display and also the effect it would have on my warranty, if I installed it on my 2012 CL350. As far as I can remember, he honestly told me that the installation would indeed void my warranty but I can get the exhaust anyway, if I choose, or wait until warranty expires. So, Like I said, it is largely dealer-specific and depends on your dealer's honesty (or in this case, the honesty of the salesperson whom I talked with).
Old 26th December 2012, 22:47   #6
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield dealers selling after-market exhausts as OEM parts!

Most RE dealers will not dishonour the warranty if you get your Enfield fitted with an aftermarket exhaust unless it is very obvious that the damage done is due to the non OE exhaust which might happen if you put a free flow exhaust before completing enough kms on your bike or without retuning the carb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks