Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2006, 10:03   #1

Splendor+ Performance Tweaks

can any body suggest what alll the performance mods can be done on my Splendor+.am ready 2 spend some 5-6k on that.
Old 6th May 2006, 12:03   #2
BANNED

Get a Yamaha crux engine ....
Old 6th May 2006, 12:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Get a k&n filter, get a nice exhaust system done. These are ways to increase acceleration without touching the engine's internals.

The next step would be porting and compression change , I suppose.
Old 6th May 2006, 16:46   #4
BHPian

1. K&N R1060 should do. Genrally H.P Filter is ggod for this bike(im using it for my HH Passion)
2. Drop two teeth in the rear sprocket for top end.
3. Prton's New Exhuast should give a lil intial.
4. Quick Throtle for better accrelation

N also Porting is waste doin it in a 100c bike, Mileage wil fall like hell n really not worth porting, rather pot a 150cc bike.
Old 9th May 2006, 09:43   #5

Thanx nosfreak & islero for ya valuble replies.
and how much do they cost?
where can i do that in hyderabad?
thanx
Old 9th May 2006, 12:04   #6
BHPian

get a decent bike first and then do mods....

whats the use if after all the mods your bike will be eaten by a pulsar 150?

JMO
Old 9th May 2006, 13:34   #7
BHPian

hi,
wanted to know what will be the cost of K&N Filter for bikes(yamaha rx 135)
Old 9th May 2006, 14:35   #8

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support. Not only is SLANG / SMS Language strictly prohibited on this board, but so is indirect abusive language.

We recommend reading the board rules and familiarising yourself with the same.
Old 9th May 2006, 16:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

playing around with your chain sprocket will help you improve performance ...but higher pickup would means lower top speed andvice versa...

BTW why do you want to modify your splendor?????its not meant for that ...instead sell that bike and with that extra 5-6 k buy something else...i like the rx135
Old 9th May 2006, 19:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

I used to have a splendor quite some time ago, and I had palyed around with the compression, pistons, et.al. Tried almost everything except turbocharging. I even dropped the rear sprocket teeth to 36 from the original 42 (or was that 44)...!!! And guess what? Although I used to EAT CBZ's in the first 2 gears (2nd topped at around 50-55 kmph), whenever I shifted to third...WHOOSH...I was stumped..!! Theoretically, I had a top speed of around 120 kmph+ in my mind; silly me, little did I know that "torque" is the almighty force, not bhp. I used to top at around 100-105....ON SLOPES....!!! On straights, the bike did 80-82 kmph in 3rd, and 70 kmph in 4th...!! Guess you only learn some things the hard way. I didn't have access to Tbhp or net or ANY info back then. All experiments were MANUAL....

Satya's right. Go for an Rx100 or 135 for 6 G's, and THEN play around with porting, expansion chambers and other gear later on. If you can stretch the budget to, say, 10K, go for an Rx 135 5-speed or better yet, a Shogun. You'll still have the econo-miser for those "tight" days, and you can unleash the beast on those "full" days. It's your best bet.
Old 10th May 2006, 00:03   #11

thanx satya & veyron for ya suggestions.mine is a 2004 jan make.what would be the ideal pricing to sell the bike and how much do that rx 135 cost?thanx in advance.
Old 10th May 2006, 10:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

bhacha, I must tell you one thing though. If mileage plays a part in your bike decision, and reliability matters a lot, then I suggest you retain tyhe spledour or get a sportier 4 stroke bike, because the Yamaha RX's or Shogun have a reputation for bad mileage and not-so-great reliability.
Old 10th May 2006, 13:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

@bhacha; What I meant was, RETAIN your current bike; don't sell it. You can get proper Rx's and Shoguns for about 10K; Older models, though. What I'm saying is, buy the Rx or the Shogun as a SECOND bike. You'll be able to satisfy your need for speed and fuel efficiency simultaneously; hence my statement;

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
You'll still have the econo-miser for those "tight" days, and you can unleash the beast on those "full" days. It's your best bet.
There's no better thrill than ripping a light-weight two stroke. For the top end, the first bike that I found to have the "thrust" of the Rx was the classic pulsar 180. Short wheelbase, and a joy to flick around...but I'm guessing that'll be WAY off budget, as classic 180's are hard to come by-well, at least in good condition- and are expensive at 20-22K's.

Stick to the two strokes. Buy a used Rx or Shogun as a SECOND bike. By the time you've gratified your thirst for speed, you'll have enough money to buy a new big-bore four stroke performance bike....
Old 11th May 2006, 12:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
I used to have a splendor quite some time ago, and I had palyed around with the compression, pistons, et.al. Tried almost everything except turbocharging. I even dropped the rear sprocket teeth to 36 from the original 42 (or was that 44)...!!! And guess what? Although I used to EAT CBZ's in the first 2 gears (2nd topped at around 50-55 kmph), whenever I shifted to third...WHOOSH...I was stumped..!! Theoretically, I had a top speed of around 120 kmph+ in my mind; silly me, little did I know that "torque" is the almighty force, not bhp. I used to top at around 100-105....ON SLOPES....!!! On straights, the bike did 80-82 kmph in 3rd, and 70 kmph in 4th...!! Guess you only learn some things the hard way. I didn't have access to Tbhp or net or ANY info back then. All experiments were MANUAL....
after 2 yrs HH Passion , drop it by 2 teeth (stock 44), 1st gear 33, 2nd gear 60 (i think), 3rd gear 70, 4th gear 94. a small carb tuning thats all.

After 3 yrs n still goin on HH Passion , drop it by 4 teeth, 1st gear 42, 2nd gear 69, 3 rd gear 81, 4th gear (112). Fitted a H.P filter, increased my jet size by 5. My weight is 89 kg's , WHen my friend drove it (74 kgs), it topped 118. n of course the vibrations to add.

till today i still own my bike, Just awaiting for the release of Gald 150. I know not much can be done to 100cc bikes, but whts the fun in doin some few mods to it.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:30   #15

thanx gyz for ya awesome respose.but 1 doubt-how can i drop the sprocket's teeth (coz frankly no idea)and how 2 increase jet size and how much does a h.p filter cost??plz gimme da details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks