Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 16:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj launches new Discover 100T @ Rs.50,500 ex-showroom Delhi

Bajaj have launched the Discover 100T, which is the most powerful bike in its segment, punching 10.2 ps peak power (almost 20% more powerful than another 100-110 cc bike in India, even powerful than few 125 cc bikes) at Rs.50,500 ex-showroom Delhi.

Link:

http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/bajaj...er-100t/6214/1

They have claimed to launch the most advanced 100 cc bike in Jan-13 beginning, & here are they with the bike that is capable of 100 kmph & good mileage (87kmpl) as well. It is also one of few bikes in the class that come with 5-speed gearbox .

Yet, I am a bit disappointed, as had expected more on basis of company's claim to launch the most advanced 100 cc bike in India. Nonetheless this is a good bike & none can take credit from Bajaj for bettering others .

Last edited by CARDEEP : 7th January 2013 at 17:06.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 17:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Bajaj launches new Discover 100T @ Rs.50,500 ex-showroom Delhi

Wow, the tech specs really, really look sensible on a 100cc commuter bike.

Just look at these features - DTSi technology, 100cc engine developing a healthy 10.2 PS of peak power, 5 speed gearbox, flicker free headlamps, man, this is something I call absolute value for money, considering the bike is priced at 50,500 (ex showroom).

Great work Bajaj!
Old 15th May 2013, 19:58   #3
BHPian

I couldn't find any reviews for the new Discover 100T. If any BHPians have bought this one, can you please let us know a brief ownership report?

We are on the lookout for a 100-110CC commuter bike. I have plans to test ride the Hero Passion xPro and this one. No more Honda commuter bikes, we already have a Honda Shine at home.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
I couldn't find any reviews for the new Discover 100T. If any BHPians have bought this one, can you please let us know a brief ownership report?

We are on the lookout for a 100-110CC commuter bike. I have plans to test ride the Hero Passion xPro and this one. No more Honda commuter bikes, we already have a Honda Shine at home.
Why no Honda? The Dream Yuga is a good option.
Old 12th August 2013, 18:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post

Did you buy it?
I had taken a testdrive yesterday.The revs were set really low, so had to throttle a little high and release the clutch to prevent stalling.The pickup felt good as a result.Didn't book it then.Later,while shopping,met a person who rode up on the 100t and asked him how the bike is.He forbade me to even think of buying it.He was saying,not only is the pickup less,but he got a mileage of only 40!Didn't believe it at that time.But met another owner today and he said the same thing.Also he added,that the service was also bad.So I guess I will have to check out the TVS/HERO bikes.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Did you buy it?
I had taken a testdrive yesterday.The revs were set really low, so had to throttle a little high and release the clutch to prevent stalling.The pickup felt good as a result.Didn't book it then.Later,while shopping,met a person who rode up on the 100t and asked him how the bike is.He forbade me to even think of buying it.He was saying,not only is the pickup less,but he got a mileage of only 40!Didn't believe it at that time.But met another owner today and he said the same thing.Also he added,that the service was also bad.So I guess I will have to check out the TVS/HERO bikes.
I am surprised, as all engines that are rev friendly also perform good in mileage deptt. The Hondas & Suzukis (cars included) are prime example of this. As one of forum members @aroy has mentioned (in ALto K10 Test Drive thread), you need to be in right gear & rpm to extract the best from the engine, in terms of performance & mileage, both.

BTW, I have a subordinate, who bought it 2-3 months back, & is getting a mileage of 70 kmpl in Central Delhi to Noida run in rush hour traffic, & also has owned 2-3 2-wheelers in past.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 13th August 2013 at 14:35.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 19:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Did you buy it?
Thanks for the feedback! I didnt buy it yet. I believe the Hero Passion ticks all the right boxes for me.
Considering that the Honda engines will go away and will be replaced by the Hero engines by 2014, it may be a good buy when we get the Honda engines!

Last edited by mTorque : 14th August 2013 at 19:56. Reason: for clarity

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks