Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2013, 22:23   #1
BHPian

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125

In the 90's I used have the Yezdi,Rx,Samurai.After shifting my house to different parts of Bangalore started selling one buy one each of them.Now after a long period of time after which I moved to cars I thought of buying a Scooter for myself.My preferences were mileage and strong performance.So I shortlisted the following.
So did a small R&D and shortlisted the following:
1)Honda Activa
The Activa was a very common bike in the streets of Bangalore..The Activa had the same old engine,but with better refinement.After all its a Honda but still left the option.
2)Honda Dio
The Dio was too sporty in looks which I did not like.Same engine of the Activa,Activa again which underwent the Knife.Too youthful I would say.
3)Suzuki Access 125
Too plain&blunt in looks.But had a brilliant engine,which made me consider it but had a waiting period of 20 days.Which put me off.
4)Suzuki Swish 125
This was the scooter which turned my head.Looked at it had sharp looks and had a insy-winsy bit of sporty touch.Took a TD and was very much satisfied with the performance on tap was unbelievable for a scooter for its size.

So i finalised on Swish125 it was readily available,I wanted the pearl mirage white and luckily it would only take 3 days for me to take the delivery of the bike.
As promised it was delivered.

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125-image747189354.jpg

So the first day i felt the following about the bike:
1)Smooth engine with too much pick up.
2)High mileage
3)Overheating of engine
4)Stalling
5)Poor headlight beam

The bike cost about 49,800 ex-showroom INR and OTR it was 58,900 INR.
For the first 1000 kms i was said to be only in speeds of 40-50km/hr and did as follows.But the scooter overheated too much.
But the scooter had wrong carb settings which made it stall hell lot of times.Took it to the SC and the problem was solved.

Lets get to different aspects of the scooter:

Style and Looks:
Suzuki touches new levels as far as the styling of the Swish is concerned. From the Access which looks more like a scooter for the mature audience, to the Swish, which hosts a much sportier and younger image, Suzuki has made sure that their new scooter's design is fresh and youthful. The smooth flowing lines on the V-shaped front give it a gentle yet young stance which is definitely a good change from the rather bland looking Access.The clear lens indicators, the arrow head shaped dual tone graphics at the front as well as on the side panels add to the beauty of Suzuki's new offering. The tail section of the bike looks somewhat feminine but that doesn't take any points away from the overall charm of the bike. As far as the build quality is concerned, the plastics feel upmarket and the Swish doesn't give any reasons to complain. The only thing that it lacked to keep up with its stylish look and young feel is a digital speedometer.

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125-image1598509056.jpg

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125-image3048426930.jpg

Space and Comfort:

Riding posture is easy and relaxed. The height of the seat from the floorboard and the cushy seats make for a comfortable ride. One doesn't have to reach out to the handle bars and it does not strain the arms even while riding through potholes. The seat is wide, soft and comfortable, not just for the rider but also for the pillion. The aluminium grab rail is large and easy for the pillion rider to hold on to. Under-seat storage space is optimum and at par with most competitors, but it is not big enough to hold a full sized helmet but a modular and half faced helmet can fit with ease. The seat opening mechanism is included in the ignition area is particularly convenient.

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125-image1663631584.jpg

Ride and Handling:

Ride quality on the new Swish is simply top notch. The suspension is well set up as the Swish finds a median between a stiff suspension and a soft one. In other words, it is not extremely stiff such that it will transfer its hatred of potholes by sending out signals to your back, nor is it very soft to make for a bouncy ride.
The front telescopic forks ensure that one doesn't feel any judder on the handle while braking. The light weight and the short wheelbase of the scooter make it easy to manoeuvre through city traffic but on the counter side, it does not inspire confidence after the speedometer crosses the 70 km/h marker. 160mm of ground clearance makes sure that the under belly does not kiss any of our giant speed bumps.Although Suzuki could have provided better tyres.0% grip on offer on roads with undulations.(stones

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125-image3913728464.jpg

Engine and Performance:

The Swish hosts the same engine that powers the Access, and apart from the styling the two bikes are pretty much the same. The 124cc engine of the Swish that produces 8.7PS of power and 9.8Nm of torque feels exceptionally peppy and is definitely one of the quickest scooters in the market.I managed to hit a top speed of 99 km/hr without pillion and 87 km/hr with pillion.
Owing to the peppy nature of the engine, one tends to hit the throttle hard eventually reducing the overall mileage of the scooter. The Swish gives me an average of 35-40 kmpl in the city and 47kmpl on the highway.Which is quite decent.

I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125-image3578299407.jpg

Pros:
Performance
Mileage
Sporty grunt
Handling
Brakes

Cons:
Tyres
Headlight beam

Overall If your planning to go for a Performance scooter with decent mileage,This the scooter to go for.Its the best scooter out there I can proudly tell.

The only mystery is,can a performance air filter be put in the Swish?If so where in Bangalore?
Answers will be welcome.

Thanks in Advance
Hari krishnan
Haridbc140 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 08:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125

@Hari,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the scooter. Swish is an exciting scooter to ride and does have the same engine which Access had. Access was the next best to Honda Activa couple of years back.

Did you get the accessories also along with the scooter? I heard Swish's braking was not that effective, did you feel so? Atleast braking in the earlier Access was scary. Regarding headlamp, are you planning to change the bulb?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 08:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Hari,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the scooter. Swish is an exciting scooter to ride and does have the same engine which Access had. Access was the next best to Honda Activa couple of years back.

Did you get the accessories also along with the scooter? I heard Swish's braking was not that effective, did you feel so? Atleast braking in the earlier Access was scary. Regarding headlamp, are you planning to change the bulb?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Thanks mate!Braking was very scary in the starting it was too slippery,even if I apply full brakes the wheel would still spin,during the first service i had told them to adjust the brakes after that the brakes have become very effective.
Accesories none as nothing was offered and I dint want any except a rubber mat.
Headlamp for sure I got to change it as It has poor visibilty at night which ends me up in different pothholes.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:13   #4
BHPian

Way Suzuki has launched two parallel products of 125CC?
What are the merits of new product compared to ACCESS?
Old 14th January 2013, 09:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Way Suzuki has launched two parallel products of 125CC?
What are the merits of new product compared to ACCESS?
Looks and styling.With better quality of parts.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:04   #6
BHPian

Re: I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125

Dear Hari

In your choice set I did not see the TVS products - Wego for example.

Any reason? Am just curious.

Congrats on your new acquisition. Looks nice. The rear reminds me of a fox-like character which I thought what TVS used as their design language for their scooters.
Old 14th January 2013, 15:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonya View Post
Dear Hari

In your choice set I did not see the TVS products - Wego for example.

Any reason? Am just curious.

Congrats on your new acquisition. Looks nice. The rear reminds me of a fox-like character which I thought what TVS used as their design language for their scooters.
Idk just din't like the Wego.Thanks anyways!.Its not that I hate TVS.
Old 14th January 2013, 22:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
Headlamp for sure I got to change it as It has poor visibilty at night which ends me up in different pothholes.
Congratulations Hari on purchase of Swish 125.

I recently bought Access 125 and I also had problems with the headlamp. However, on first service I asked the head lamp to be adjusted (to lower the throw a bit) and now the throw and visibility has improved a lot. It is better than Bajaj Boxer and TVS Scooty, I had before.
Old 14th January 2013, 22:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post

Congratulations Hari on purchase of Swish 125.

I recently bought Access 125 and I also had problems with the headlamp. However, on first service I asked the head lamp to be adjusted (to lower the throw a bit) and now the throw and visibility has improved a lot. It is better than Bajaj Boxer and TVS Scooty, I had before.
Okay,will do so on the 3rd service.
Old 15th January 2013, 13:55   #10
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride!

You might want to be a bit careful with the Suzuki SC guys. I own a GS150R. There a few nonchalant ASCs in Hyderabad whose work is perfunctory. In spite of getting all your problems listed down on the job card, all they'd do is just washing and oil-change. You have to push them to get your issues attended to.
Old 15th January 2013, 14:53   #11
BHPian

Congrats for your new possession. I too own Suzuki Swish and happy with its performance. I was not keen on particular model or make. Just one fine day drove all options back to back. Impressed with Swish bought spot on with whatever color(blue Black) available.

1) I like the pep in engine
2) I could feel difference in power compared to other scooters
3) Very refined and silent engine
4) Easy to maneuver.
5) I found plastic is bit better

I rate this as best option available. I never checked mileage though. General people say that this gives good mileage.
Old 16th January 2013, 07:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
Congrats on your new ride!

You might want to be a bit careful with the Suzuki SC guys. I own a GS150R. There a few nonchalant ASCs in Hyderabad whose work is perfunctory. In spite of getting all your problems listed down on the job card, all they'd do is just washing and oil-change. You have to push them to get your issues attended to.
Yea,thanks for the info will be careful.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Congrats for your new possession. I too own Suzuki Swish and happy with its performance. I was not keen on particular model or make. Just one fine day drove all options back to back. Impressed with Swish bought spot on with whatever color(blue Black) available.

1) I like the pep in engine
2) I could feel difference in power compared to other scooters
3) Very refined and silent engine
4) Easy to maneuver.
5) I found plastic is bit better

I rate this as best option available. I never checked mileage though. General people say that this gives good mileage.
Thanks mate! Even with hard riding the it returns an impressive 35 kpl.
Old 19th January 2013, 03:40   #14
BHPian

Congrats on the Swish, a great choice among the shortlisted ones. Waiting for some daylight snaps
I own an Access, and I can say with pride and confident that this is a no-nonsense machine. More than 2 years of ownership and no regrets.
Best parts are the mileage, I get around 45kpl; Storage area underneath seat is so vast, came handy numerous occasions. Handling and breaks.

Swish and access share the same engine or is it different? you noticed any difference in ride quality during TD. My SIL is planning to buy a scooter and Access is top on list as of now. Swish can change it depending on reviews from owners and of course once she TD's it.

Drive safe and Use Helmet.
Old 20th January 2013, 23:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
Congrats on the Swish, a great choice among the shortlisted ones. Waiting for some daylight snaps
I own an Access, and I can say with pride and confident that this is a no-nonsense machine. More than 2 years of ownership and no regrets.
Best parts are the mileage, I get around 45kpl; Storage area underneath seat is so vast, came handy numerous occasions. Handling and breaks.

Swish and access share the same engine or is it different? you noticed any difference in ride quality during TD. My SIL is planning to buy a scooter and Access is top on list as of now. Swish can change it depending on reviews from owners and of course once she TD's it.

Drive safe and Use Helmet.
Ok..will post day shost soon!Great!There is difference by point,very minor in Torque and PS.Swish would be a great option as it has feminine looks and feminine colors are also available.My TD experience,Access is powerful but takes time to generate all that power.But the Swish It feels powerful but power is generated very quick no lags or delay.Anyday Swish is an awesome scooter to put your money on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks