Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2013, 20:11   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?

I've only just got my Royal Enfield 350, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Twice I came across a group of Bullets going the other way. Both on Sundays. Is there a group of bullet riders that gets together in the Delhi/Gurgaon area to tour on a regular basis?

Thanks

Jeroen
Old 28th January 2013, 00:36   #2
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield tours / clubs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Is there a group of bullet riders that gets together in the Delhi/Gurgaon area to tour on a regular basis?
Hi Jeroen!

In Delhi there's Royal Beasts, Bulls on Parade and Free Soul Riders (I don't think it's an exclusive bullet club, more like a bike club irrespective of the make). These are the only three that I know of. Though I've never ridden with them so I obviously have no experience with them. Just heard about them through some mutual friends. Royal beasts had organized the 2012 rider mania in New Delhi. You can look up all these clubs on facebook.

Hope it helps!
cataclysm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 10:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield tours / clubs?

Then there's 60kph.com, a small but exclusive group of comparatively senior members: http://www.60kph.com/concept/about.htm.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 17:34   #4
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield tours / clubs?

Which are the ones in Bangalore?
Old 28th January 2013, 18:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Guess Bangalore has RTMC (Should be Royal Thunder Motorcycle Club).
But am sure there are much more than this one.
Old 28th January 2013, 18:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Guess Bangalore has RTMC (Should be Royal Thunder Motorcycle Club).
But am sure there are much more than this one.
RTMC is the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club. There is the Royal Knights also based in Bangalore IIRC.

If you are looking to join RTMC - you can join the newbie list on http://autos.dir.groups.yahoo.com/gr...&sec=dir&slk=3

And once you have done 2 rides with them in the space of 3 months, you can become a member. There is no joining fees - no hassling. Ride with them and check it out
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 18:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
RTMC is the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club. There is the Royal Knights also based in Bangalore IIRC.
Thanks for the clarity Naveen was not sure if the R stood for Royal or Rolling
Old 31st January 2013, 06:04   #8
BHPian

Hi Jeroen,

I'm a fairly new rider, been riding an old beat-up silver Enfield Thunderbird for about three months now.

A good friend of mine is the guy behind the Delhi Bikers Breakfast Run (DBBR for short), an open all-inclusive ride on winter weekends.

I also joined a group called Guns Motorcycling, another friendly and inclusive group - no membership fee or ego or anything like that. They're very active on Facebook, just do a quick seach and they should pop up. I went with them on my first-ever group ride. They ride very safely in traffic, use signs, communicate well, and look out for new / inexperienced riders like myself, which I really appreciated. They also have no ego re: your ride. While predominantly Bullets and Enfields, they also have two Ninjas, a couple of Pulsars, and a CBR250. So no engine-dick-size-measuring contests among them, if you love riding they'll welcome you happily.

If you'd like more information, just drop me a PM. Maybe we'll meet at the next ride, if so, say hi
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 21:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I've only just got my Royal Enfield 350, but I'm enjoying it immensely.
Dear Jeroen,
I hope you and your family are doing good. I have been an evid follower of your threads, especially the XJR and Spider ones.

Today something really crazy happened with me, I was just casually looking at the replies at MAC vs Windows poll, and I saw your reply and also the website link you've put up there. So I was scrolling at your US of A website and then got the link to your India website and again followed by your link to the new hobby you acquired in India.

And when I saw your Royal Enfield, deep inside my heart I knew I had seen this bike somewhere and I digged up my hard disk for photos of every rides I have been to when I was living in Delhi, so gentleman I'm really happy to inform you-

That we have met before, 19th March 2016 Delhi's Bikers Breakfast Run. It was a rainy morning, we were going to Amrik Sukhdev for that sumptous Parathas and somewhere before Sonipat we stopped for a while to let the other bikers catch up, there I saw your bike and we had a small chat, you told me your name and your country, we discussed a bit about how you got that bike restored and stuff. I sheepishly took a selfie with your bike without informing you(I'm glad I did) and this just brought back so many memories from the Delhi days.

I really wish I knew that day, that you are the Jeroen from Team-BHP. Anyway I'm so ecstatic right now that I met you when you were in India and also the fact that I'm realising it now after 4 and half years is equally crazy

I'm attaching few pictures for you to recall your Delhi day.

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-1.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-2.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-3.jpg
Heck I was even wearing a TeamBHP hoody that day

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-4.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_06_08_00_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_06_38_42_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_06_42_20_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_06_57_07_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_07_15_38_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_07_16_14_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_07_21_08_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_07_21_38_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_07_21_41_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_08_31_55_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_09_41_34_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_10_14_53_pro.jpg

Royal Enfield tours / clubs?-wp_20160319_10_17_44_pro.jpg

Similar faces?
sachin_cs is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 23:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Dear Jeroen,
Today something really crazy happened with me, I was just casually looking at the replies at MAC vs Windows poll, and I saw your reply and also the website link you've put up there. So I was scrolling at your US of A website and then got the link to your India website and again followed by your link to the new hobby you acquired in India.
Hi Sachin,

This is a bit of a surprise to see a reply to what must have been one of my earliest posts on TeamBHP! Good to see my friends SSTraveller and Marcussantiago replies as well. They introduced me to many aspects of Delhi/Indian car/bike scene.

I always enjoyed the Delhi’s biker Breakfast Run immensely. Such a great concept. I am still following Josh on Facebook. We had some great events and some of them are featured on my website too, like when we rode to Alwar/Sariska on a long weekend tour.

Marcus introduced me to the DBBR and also the Royal Mavericks. I have very fond memories of both. Lots of rides, some great adventures and great camaderie.

Apart from the various day and long weekend trips we often used to go for early Sunday morning drives. Usually along the Faridabad road. There used to be a very nice biker cafe where we used to stop for chai.

SS Traveller and I frequently met up on Sunday morning for breakfast and I had the pleasure of being introduced to many other TeamBHPs member during some of these breakfast meets.

We must have met during what was to be one of my very last DBBR rides. We left Delhi around May 2016.

I sold my Bullet before we left India. There were several reasons. But one of them was that I was convinced that I would never experience anything like the DBBR, Royal Mavericks back in Europe. A total unique experience of India.

Everybody was always so kind to me, helping me out, looking after me. I usually was one, if not the only, non-Indian, a bit of an old git and somebody who was completely new to biking!! So many very fond memories about biking and India. Cant be replicated, so why bother shipping the bike all the way to Europe.

My Indian biking adventures and subsequent biking friendships will always remain in my my heart and memory. Good to have met you and thanks for sharing those images. I see several familiar faces!

Thank you so much,

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 17th September 2020 at 23:24.
Jeroen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 23:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Apart from the various day and long weekend trips we often used to go for early Sunday morning drives. Usually along the Faridabad road. There used to be a very nice biker cafe where we used to stop for chai.
Absolutely right, the Faridabad-Gurgaon bypass was the go to places for us NCR riders, its such a contrasting landscape with the Aravalis range in the background, it’s difficult to imagine that such place exists next to the chaotic settlements. And the cafe you mentioned must be the Throttle Shrottle, the one with very tastefully done interiors.

Anyway whenever you are in India, do let me know, it will be pleasure meeting/riding with you.

Cheers!
sachin_cs is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed