Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2015, 02:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
In the market...thanks
Duke & Velox are made for each other, no doubt about it & best part being you can use only one side of it for casual or one day trips.

Mini Claw doesn't need acrobatic skills & for that matter, even the original claw also doesn't for a trip upto a week.

Best VFM product will be Viaterra Velox, but your choice on Dirt Sack is also good
Old 14th May 2015, 08:59   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
you can spare the cash and need a bigger duffel bag then look at either the dirt sack frogman bags or the sw motech waterproof 35 or 60 liter bags.
I'd checked out the Frogman. It's quite good in terms of capacity and waterproofing, but it's quite cumbersome to pack it up. So accessibility of packed stuff is not very easy. It's drybag construction is very efficient though.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 12:42   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
I have ordered the sw motech 60 liter waterproof duffel bag in combination with ROK straps
Hello bik1906,

Could you let me know you experience with this setup (and what is the INR cost of the setup) as this is in my sights for my Tiger. I also not a big fan of the hard panniers.

Regards,
Veera
Old 14th May 2015, 16:36   #184
BHPian

Hi Veera, I havent yet got the set up. I have only ordered it from the Sw Motech distributor in Bangalore. Its arriving in june. However i have examined the bag and rok straps in person at the distributors godown. Theres a pic of an install theyve done which I think is a triumph at the following link:
https://www.facebook.com/bigbadbikes...005524446448:0

I was looking for a bag which
1) Will not puncture easily
2) Is Waterproof

Im a firm believer in the Motech stuff because I already have their top case and mirror extenders on my duke and I know the kind of quality which goes into their products even if they are double the cost of everyone else.
Old 14th May 2015, 20:56   #185
BHPian

I use the Frogman Dirtsack saddle bags, wildcraft Aqua tail bag and ROK straps and can recommend both the saddle bags and straps whole heartedly.

The ROK straps particularly take all the pain away from tying the tail bag. They work brilliantly and are a must have for anyone.
Old 16th May 2015, 18:53   #186
BHPian

Hi All,

Got a question. Can Viaterra Leh saddle bags and Mini Claw can be used together on a Enfield Bullet. I am planning for Leh this year and want a sturdy packing system.

Please advise.

-Ijeet
Old 17th May 2015, 14:29   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi All,

Got a question. Can Viaterra Leh saddle bags and Mini Claw can be used together on a Enfield Bullet. I am planning for Leh this year and want a sturdy packing system.

Please advise.

-Ijeet

The ViaTerra Leh + ViaTerra Fly - Non Magnetic (used as a Tail Bag) would be better combo.

Old 20th May 2015, 12:47   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi All,

Please advise.

-Ijeet
Agree with Payeng above, using the Claw Mini with the Leh is possible, but you will face problems opening up the the Leh.

ViaTerra is about to launch a new tailbag by the end of this month that should perfectly complement the Leh and provide about 35 liters of additional space. Combined with Leh's 48 liters you should have more room than you will ever need.
Old 26th May 2015, 16:34   #189
BHPian

Rynox seems to have come up with a new tail bag called "Hawk Tail Luggage System".

http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...ge-system.html

These 2 seems to be the highlighted features:

A One of its kind unique Tail Luggage System which can be used as a single entity and also can be coupled along with a Saddlebag

It can be used easily for a 10-15 Day ride when expanded as well as for a weekend ride in its normal shape

At 3k, looks like an interesting product.
Old 26th May 2015, 17:58   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Rynox seems to have come up with a new tail bag called "Hawk Tail Luggage System".

http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...ge-system.html

These 2 seems to be the highlighted features:

A One of its kind unique Tail Luggage System which can be used as a single entity and also can be coupled along with a Saddlebag

It can be used easily for a 10-15 Day ride when expanded as well as for a weekend ride in its normal shape

At 3k, looks like an interesting product.

Pardon me but it doesn't appear any different than a rectangular or boxy Duffel Bag/Luggage Bag.

Last edited by payeng : 26th May 2015 at 18:00.
Old 30th May 2015, 12:55   #191
Senior - BHPian

Having heard great reviews about the Viaterra Velox, I bought it for light travel purpose. The bag appears well made and it is a breeze to mount it on the bike.
But on its first day out, the bag got damaged!
The ride was a short one; around 50kms tops, and the bag was very lightly loaded. Despite this, the bag has sustained abrasive damage.
Attached Thumbnails
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img_20150530_124617.jpg  

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img_20150530_124628.jpg  

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-img_20150530_124643.jpg  

Old 30th May 2015, 14:34   #192
Senior - BHPian

^^ Please do pass the feedback to the viaterra people. I'm curious to see how they ll respond

The dirtsack folks are the most customer centric outfit probably in the country. Would be interesting to see how the others stack up

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 30th May 2015 at 14:35.
Old 30th May 2015, 18:50   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
^^ Please do pass the feedback to the viaterra people. I'm curious to see how they ll respond
Well, I took your advice and mailed them. @Riderzone was tagged in subsequent mails by them, so I guess my earlier post here was noticed by them.

After a few mail exchanges, the problem was traced to my stupidity. I used the right bag as a single-mount; the video posted on their site explicitly shows that its the left one that has to be used.

Despite the fault lying with me, the Viaterra people have offered to repair the bag foc. I'll check the shipping charges and then decide on the course of action.

All in all, pretty happy with their response.
Hope it stays the same.
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 20:18   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
After a few mail exchanges, the problem was traced to my stupidity. I used the right bag as a single-mount; the video posted on their site explicitly shows that its the left one that has to be used
Well, I would say, its all in the learning curve, not related to anything stupidity. You've not only educated yourself & have shared your knowledge here, which is a commendable & shows you've an awesome attitude

Thank you
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 18:30   #195
BHPian

Anybody here use Dirtsack Frogman tailbag? Any reviews?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks