Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 18:13   #211
BHPian

Re: The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
I'm looking for something that can carry my helmet too, biwi does window shopping :(
I think the outdoortravelgear website had a knox backpack which had a holder on the back for a helmet.was awful expensive but then again Ive yet to see a knox product that isnt expensive.
bik1906 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 11:03   #212
BHPian

Hi all,

I was looking for some saddlebags for my Triumph Bonneville and came across the Rynox Nomad v2.1 while surfing online. Didn't find many pics / opinions on Team bhp yet so thought I ll pen down my thoughts.
There were a few saddle bag options online but this matched what I was looking for. I didn't want hard panniers and the Triumph genuine accessories are expensive (very). Wanted something which some integral strength so that the shape would be retained even when empty. I have no prior experience with a saddlebag so this was that ways a gamble because I bought it without really physically seeing it.
Found a youtube video of the installation which i figured was pretty straightforward. Bought them somewhere early June so they've seen some rain. They come with waterproof covers which basically are very big thicker material shower caps (but in navy blue color) and have Rynox written on them.
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-bonnie-saddle-bags.jpg
There is one main compartment which is something like 22 liters and its expandable (you gain around a couple of inches width). The outer pouch is for the rain cover and shoulder straps.
The bags carry loads of stuff in them and I use them daily for my work commute as well as a weekend trip. I have a full face helmet which fits in one bag (with extended space opened) and jacket and gloves in the other. while riding, my laptop bag goes on the left side and lunch box and office shoes on the right side (just to even out some weight balance). I've regularly done over 140 kmph with the bags not troubling me at all. that should be sufficient for most people in India. Its been over 2000 kms with them on the bike, and no issue at all. they don't flap around but aren't rock solid either. In the early days, I wanted to adjust the straps often, but now they are set.
There was some chaffing on the rear mud guard (just a little bit) due to the plastic clamps rubbing around. I took care of that by moving the bags slightly rear ward and tying the straps up. You have clamp on end at one side and a double d ring fastener on the other. there's a length adjusting buckle in the middle which kinda messed with the paint. i guess i am picky about my bikes, some people may not even notice this. Earlier, I thought that there might be trouble with a pillion and these saddle bags - on the bonnie, they come over the passenger footrests. But this is not an issue for whoever has sat behind the bike. I asked them before and after the ride if it was in any way uncomfortable. Nobody complained. I am pretty happy with them for now.
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-table-land-bonnies.jpgThe Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-table-land-bonnie-2.jpg

Last edited by nitrogary : 12th September 2015 at 11:21. Reason: Added a few more details.
nitrogary is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 23:15   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post

The bags carry loads of stuff in them and I use them daily for my work commute as well as a weekend trip. I have a full face helmet which fits in one bag (with extended space opened) and jacket and gloves in the other. while riding, my laptop bag goes on the left side and lunch box and office shoes on the right side (just to even out some weight balance).
Could you please post a picture with the full face helmet inside the bag. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2015, 21:35   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Could you please post a picture with the full face helmet inside the bag. Thanks in advance.
Here you go Slicvic. Hope this helps.

There's ample space around the helmet for storage also. I took one pic with the gloves placed outside the helmet.

However, I do not usually leave the helmet in the saddle bags. With the scala rider installed, it is a pretty expensive piece of gear to be left behind in a public parking. I got a Cortech bag which has a helmet pouch. Its quite nice and the last pic is of that.
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-helmet-saddle-bag-1.jpg

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-helmet-saddle-bag-2.jpg

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-helmet-saddle-bag-3.jpg

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-helmet-saddle-bag-4.jpg

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-helmet-cortech-bag.jpg

Last edited by nitrogary : 14th September 2015 at 21:40.
Old 14th September 2015, 21:59   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
Here you go Slicvic. Hope this helps.

There's ample space around the helmet for storage also. I took one pic with the gloves placed outside the helmet.

However, I do not usually leave the helmet in the saddle bags. With the scala rider installed, it is a pretty expensive piece of gear to be left behind in a public parking. I got a Cortech bag which has a helmet pouch. Its quite nice and the last pic is of that.
Thank you. If only the bag was lockable. Is the Cortech bag available in India?
Old 14th September 2015, 22:16   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Thank you. If only the bag was lockable. Is the Cortech bag available in India?

Check with Xtorque. They did stock Cortech and Tourmaster. I got my Cortech tail bag from Xtorque Pune.

Cortech also available on amazon/cart2india.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 23:19   #217
BHPian

Found this in a random google search. Not worth in India.
https://www.cart2india.com/bags/cort...00004306269275

I bought it here. Good deal for 100 USD.
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/..._backpack.html

The website is fantastic and I needed to get some gear for my wife. Had some credits in their gift card and went ahead and ordered last month. Everything came within a month and I kept getting tracking updates every time. Got a good deal.

If you seriously are contemplating getting it, would recommend to wait till thanksgiving black friday. Best discounts of the year are available at that time.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:18   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Which backpacks do you guys use on your rides or city trips? I'm looking for something that can carry my helmet too, pain to hold it around the arm for hours while biwi does window shopping :(
I know this is a slightly old post, but I use a "cycle cable lock" for exactly this purpose. Now, I just lock my helmet up with this cable and walk away free handed. It cost me less than Rs.100 and works as intended.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 14:24   #219
Senior - BHPian

I need a tail seat bag. That sits on the rear seat. Basicaly to store a small first aid kit, phone, wallet etc..

Which company would you recommend.

The bike(fireblade) has a very small rear seat so the bag needs to be small.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:37   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I need a tail seat bag. That sits on the rear seat. Basicaly to store a small first aid kit, phone, wallet etc..

There is an option for this requirement but am not sure if this will fit your fireblade(as there is no mention of the model on their website), it is called Via Terra Seaty. It would be worth dropping them a line to check the compatibility.

For details see this link: http://viaterragear.com/shop/luggage...ycle-city-bag/

Last edited by navin_v8 : 21st January 2016 at 14:39.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 00:28   #221
BHPian

Quote:

Checkout the viaterra raptor. I use it on my Z seat which is also a pretty small seat. A little large but great IMO. Do check.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:06   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Checkout the viaterra raptor. I use it on my Z seat which is also a pretty small seat. A little large but great IMO. Do check.
Thanks. Yes that does look a little large on the bike from the google pics atleast.
Infact Joe rocket had the perfect tailbag for superbikes but its not in stock with PRS.

Another brand i saw was rhydon. But it seems a little big for a blade seat.
Attached Thumbnails
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-71o8smp1hhl._sl1500_.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2016, 21:40   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes that does look a little large on the bike from the google pics atleast.
Pretty sure you are looking at the wrong product. The seaty is actually quite small and should suit your requirements very well

Check it out here - http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum...-tail-bag.html

No bungees to hold the bag in place like the pic you posted. Just some straps that go under the seat

Edit - apologies, missed that the image was in context to Raptor
Old 29th January 2016, 18:30   #224
Senior - BHPian

Got this tail bag from a friend. He wasnt using it so sold it to me. It sits perfectly on the rear seat and gets tied down to the seat too.

Good capacity to hold a first aid kit, phone, chargers, tissues, wallet and a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-mdsthegooddeal.in181122311635714l.jpg  

Old 5th February 2016, 17:36   #225
BHPian

Hey guys , looking for the cheapest option for a 10 day solo ride. The best I've come across is the Viaterra claw priced at 2900/-

Any leads ? I got a 07 Pulsar 180.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks