Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2017, 23:05   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Btw, timsun tyres are available as well in the 130 profile for the front. The guys are trying to source a 150 profile for the rear.
IIRC, these tyres are "L" rated, ie max speed of 120 kph. This is stupid slow. I wouldn't even think of these tyres for my impulse
Old 13th May 2017, 23:17   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
IIRC, these tyres are "L" rated, ie max speed of 120 kph. This is stupid slow. I wouldn't even think of these tyres for my impulse
Oh thanks for this man. I hadnt looked that bit yet... The knobs had me *wink
Old 13th May 2017, 23:22   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Oh, so you are the Red Liner :-D

I am planning to replace my Frogmans for the same reason. Will take Nomads whenever in stock. Good to know that Srivastha's rack can take 50% of claw weight while keeping pillion comfortable!

As for tires, do keep me posted once you get them. Have few months to go until i would need the knobbies.
Motocafe told me they have replaced 10 nomads so far. The stitching on that bag near where the straps attach to the bag give way. They have stopped recommending the bags even though they sell them. They feel rynox does not do quality baggage systems and should stick to apparel,and leave the bags to viaterra.

I saw the defect bag. The stitching is god awful weak - single stitch, no reinforcement nothing. Apparently they give way when loaded up near to capacity. Rynox's response to this issue was to tell retailers to suggest to customers to load less than 60 litres. This is nuts. Then why advertise 60?

I trust the guys at motocafe, there was no hardsell at all. I spent 2 hours sitting and exploring different bags with them. They weren't too fond of the dirtsack either.

I will head back shortly and get the via pro v2.0.
Old 13th May 2017, 23:32   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Motocafe told me they have replaced 10 nomads so far. The stitching on that bag near where the straps attach to the bag give way. They have stopped recommending the bags even though they sell them. They feel rynox does not do quality baggage systems and should stick to apparel,and leave the bags to viaterra.

I saw the defect bag. The stitching is god awful weak - single stitch, no reinforcement nothing. Apparently they give way when loaded up near to capacity. Rynox's response to this issue was to tell retailers to suggest to customers to load less than 60 litres. This is nuts. Then why advertise 60?

I trust the guys at motocafe, there was no hardsell at all. I spent 2 hours sitting and exploring different bags with them. They weren't too fond of the dirtsack either.

I will head back shortly and get the via pro v2.0.
Oh that's too bad. Maybe lately they have gone bad with the bag quality since they are getting a lot of profit from the riding gear. Have an Optimus tank bag purchased sometime around 2012 and it's still going strong.

Will need to explore some more options now.
Old 5th September 2017, 13:07   #290
BHPian

Hello all,

I am looking for my 1st luggage/bags for my Gixxer sf. Infact, I am new to the biking world itself, been a long distance car traveler since 2009.

Have zeroed in on Via Terra Fly Universal non-magnetic tank bag and Rapide saddle bags. mailed Via Terra people and they confirmed that both will fit gixxer sf.

Are they the right choice?
Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 15:01   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Are they the right choice?
Waiting for your response.
Pls go through the first few posts of mine, you'll know the quality of VT

PS - I still have the tail bag & it still can carry over 20-25 Kgs. That was first batch & the recent ones, I heard, are even strong enough.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 16:06   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Pls go through the first few posts of mine, you'll know the quality of VT

PS - I still have the tail bag & it still can carry over 20-25 Kgs. That was first batch & the recent ones, I heard, are even strong enough.
Thanks. yes, have read your detailed review here and at other place too . I have full confidence in their quality.

My main concern is about them fitting on gixxer sf, sply saddle bag !

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 5th September 2017 at 16:07.
Old 5th September 2017, 16:56   #293
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am heading out for a ride ]in the next 10 days. To that end I wanted a tank bag...mainly for the cameras, but also for wallets, keys and other knick knacks. Finally zeroed in on the ViaTerra Fly magnetic tankbag. the website, however, listed it as 'sold out'. One call later, it was revealed that the bag is being redesigned. as of yesterday, the new bag is listed on the site, but images were not available. So off go and place another call. It was answered by Alex who then proceeded to do me a solid by sharing images of the bag with me on WhatsApp (no images on the site because official product shoot hasn't been done).
Sharing the images below:

Rain cover, with a transparent top. Clever

Once i receive my bag, i will be able to update further.
bsenroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 17:55   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
I am heading out for a ride ] Finally zeroed in on the ViaTerra Fly magnetic tankbag.
Which bike you would use it on?

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2017 at 16:43. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 5th September 2017, 18:43   #295
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Which bike you would use it on?
My trusty old RE Machismo 500.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2017 at 16:43. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 28th October 2017, 23:37   #296
BHPian

Saddlebags support for Royal enfield classic

Hello all
I am looking to install the attached saddlebags which i have recently ordered from Aliexpress. I think these saddlebags will need some support in order to stay stable. While checking online i figured out that the saddlebag support is not available easily. Does anyone know if the support bars are available anywhere or getting it fabricated is the only option ?

Thanks
Abhishek
Attached Thumbnails
The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-re_classic_soporte_klick_fix668x501.jpg  

The Saddle & Tail Bag Review Thread-saddlebag-image.jpg  

Abhishekjp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 11:31   #297
Senior - BHPian

Re: Saddlebags support for Royal enfield classic

Hi,
Fabricating saddle-bag support frames is a very in-expensive job. Just visit any local welder. You will be offered a choice of materials as well.

Since you have already ordered the bags, finding a ready made frame for the bags could be a task.
Old 29th October 2017, 11:50   #298
BHPian

Re: Saddlebags support for Royal enfield classic

If you are not in a hurry, the best its to wait till you get the saddlebags and then make the frames.

You may think about having some lower support also for the bags since that will allow it to sit and take the strain off the mounting straps. Something like what you see under point #3 on this page http://www.motorcycl.in/donowyn-sadd...for-himalayan/

Of course it does not need to be so visible and if made well, will integrate nicely.

Last edited by abhi : 29th October 2017 at 11:51. Reason: Additional information
Old 2nd November 2017, 18:03   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
I am heading out for a ride ]in the next 10 days.

Once i receive my bag, i will be able to update further.
Hey bsenroy, how did you find the tank bag for your ride? A short review would be good.

KK

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd November 2017 at 19:28. Reason: Typo, bank -> bag
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:17   #300
Senior - BHPian

Top Case for motorbike

I was looking at buying a Studds Top Case to be installed in my Bonneville. I know that I might need to do some fabrication to get it fitted, but was more interested in knowing where can we source the box in Bangalore. Called up few shops, no one seems to have it. All of them have side boxes, but the Top Case seems to be a rarity
http://www.studds.com/Home/accessories/4/desc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks