Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 19:35   #16
BHPian

Re: The story of my Karizma ZMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Sure. Let roll in March.

BTW, you mentioned you did a few tours on the bike, right? How do you find the stock tires?
The stocks tyres have been holding up pretty well but the grip levels are strictly average.You can maintain speeds on a straight line but have to be careful while cornering. I did mention about the incident where in i had to brake hard to avoid the truck.There was no loss of traction and wheel lock up so i think they're ok.However,they do not inspire confidence in the wet and you have to reduce your speed considerably even while travelling within the city.
Old 10th February 2013, 12:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Not cut it off. But to do something about it aesthetically. The pic which I am posting isn't much pleasing aesthetically, but does the job.

I would give it a good shot.

On highways as well, your bike will breathe freer resulting in improved performance everywhere.
This gives me ideas..... Can u post a front-shot of your stripped-off CBR?

Prajwal
Old 10th February 2013, 18:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
This gives me ideas..... Can u post a front-shot of your stripped-off CBR?

Prajwal
This isn't my CBR. It is Dr. Arnob Gupta's CBR. Search for it. You shall see the pics on line
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 22:15   #19
BHPian

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
After 6 years and 35000 kms of happy motoring, one fine day, the engine died on me beyond repair.
Can I ask exactly what happened to your 180?

I too have one (2005, full black with 17in wheels) that's still doing good. Mine does not have any colorful background to it except that it was the first vehicle I bought of my own money.

Guess by 2005, the pulsars were already plagued with problems. Atrocious gearshift, poor quality (electrical) cabling and unrefined engine to name a few. On the plus side are the brilliant brakes, surefooted handling, power and in spite of her obvious quality issues, fact that she's never let me down.

Would have replaced her by now save for two reasons - in all these years she's done only about 18K kms so there's plenty of life left and the terrible price that 180s fetch in the used bike market. But am I itchy to get my hands on a new bike? Hell yes!!
Old 12th February 2013, 10:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Can I ask exactly what happened to your 180?
Well,lets just say that the engine siezed and the cost of keeping it running was going up day by day.

Quote:
I too have one (2005, full black with 17in wheels) that's still doing good. Mine does not have any colorful background to it except that it was the first vehicle I bought of my own money.
When the all black version came out,i was tempted to sell my 180 and buy a red one. They looked gorgeous and even today i think its one of the best looking bike. I did not like the later iterations though (with the LED tail lamps and digital speedo).

Quote:
Guess by 2005, the pulsars were already plagued with problems. Atrocious gearshift, poor quality (electrical) cabling and unrefined engine to name a few.
The engine sure was unrefined and the gearbox had issues. But i've never faced any electrical problems on my bike.

Quote:
Would have replaced her by now save for two reasons - in all these years she's done only about 18K kms so there's plenty of life left and the terrible price that 180s fetch in the used bike market. But am I itchy to get my hands on a new bike? Hell yes!!
With that mileage i don't think you should be selling it mate!If you still want to go for a new one,then keep this as a second bike!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks