Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 12:43   #1
BHPian

Bajaj Auto is going for fuel injection

Pulsar is going to be fuel injected in DTSi.
[FONT='Bookman Old Style'][COLOR=#800080]http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandorav3/output/Business/424ae2e8-96c1-4417-9c7f-4fdfa9e6aa72.aspx[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT='Bookman Old Style'][/FONT]
[FONT='Bookman Old Style']I really wish Bajaj to go for twin engine in thier upcoming bikes in that way one can really afford the bike and have the feeling of imported bikes. :-)[/FONT]
[FONT='Bookman Old Style'][/FONT]
Old 12th May 2006, 12:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ya Fuel injected. Its best for these dumb companies not to introduce these technologies in a non matured market. Tell me how many mechanics know how this works??

We know the pathetic suitation of Authorised service centers. They will just screw up the bikes. Let the market mature. Bajaj wants to attract attention and wants to charge us a bomb by showing us the fuel injector. Fuel injection in Indian cars is still new. Think about bikes. Blah.
Ask them to stick to proper carburated induction and launch higher CC bikes.
Old 12th May 2006, 12:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Ya Fuel injected. Its best for these dumb companies not to introduce these technologies in a non matured market. Tell me how many mechanics know how this works??

how many of our mechanics knew about mpfi in cars ????bajaj auto is doing teh right thing ....
Old 12th May 2006, 13:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

mail4ajo, first you are against the launch of litre bikes in India, telling them to launch 250, 400 and so on, now you seem to be agianst even THIS!!!!

What gives?? What's wrong with progress?
Old 12th May 2006, 14:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
how many of our mechanics knew about mpfi in cars ????bajaj auto is doing teh right thing ....
I agree with speedsatya... once the bike is launched, the authorised centres / dealers will also upgrade their skillset... don't worry !! This is how it happens everywhere !!
Old 12th May 2006, 14:32   #6
BHPian

Good going by BAJAJ
I mean whether u like them or not(i'm more of a honda and yamaha fan) you still have to give them due credit for putting their best foot forward in every segment.. giving us better kits n tech and value than most other bigger companies included.

Now i guess the only thing left for bajaj is a twin cylinder motor.

Last edited by Fuelled : 12th May 2006 at 14:35.
Old 22nd May 2006, 09:17   #7
BHPian

HI all..

Hey FUEL INJECTION FOR SINGLE CYLINDER ENGINE is too basic and no big technology frenz... The BIG THINGS there will be a small injector and a small pump unit... These will probably have good rate of consistency in terms of QUALITY... and there by LIFE. So I guess that won't be a headache for say 75k to 1 lakh kms... what say guys??!!
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

but when do you think they are going to release it.i dont think its gonna happen before aug-sept this year for sure.

Rev
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

@mail4ajo; FI in Indian cars is new..? Well, I thought it was pretty old; Diesel engines, DI/IDI, have been injected since ages, and the first F.I. car to hit India, officially (locally manufactured), discounting the imported Mercs from concorde, et.al, was the Cielo way back in 95'-96', wasn't it..?

Way to go, Bajaj; someone has to take the first step....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks