Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 11:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hi,
Unfortunately, I was away when fitting was done and hence do not have the wiring pictures.

Only sore point are those odd misfirings whilst releasing accelerator.
The fitting has been done very neat and must say professional. Where did you get it done? Are those LED's sufficient?

Regarding the WB giving that odd Misfire, its actually the POP Sound that you get when you release the throttle abruptly. These are bound to happen on any 4 stroke machine and you need not worry much about it.

It is not a Free Flow Exhaust as you have put only the End Can. The Bend still has the Catalytic Converter which will block the free flow.

Lastly, Uday is a fantastic gentleman to deal with. Been regularly visiting their service station and touch wood, there has been no issues so far

Your ride looks neat though.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

For the misfiring,kindly check the joint where you have attached the wildboar to the bend pipe. Check for any leakage i.e any exhaust gas leaking. Most probably the misfiring should stop or subdue once you take care of the leakage.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:18   #48

Congrats on the long hassle free ownership so far. The TB500 has been one of the more niggle free bikes that RE has ever launch and I'm hopeful that this uptick continues.

Do I see a custom seating setup on your ride with added cushioning. I have been thinking the same for my TB500 as I too am a little over 6ft and sometimes feel the cushioning is not sufficient.

It will be great if you could share where you got it done in Bangalore. Rao seats is what comes to my mind unless there is an even better guy.

On the Electra handlebars, have you managed a long ride and how has the comfort been as compared to the stock ones ?

Thanks,
Arvind
Old 3rd April 2015, 08:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
The fitting has been done very neat and must say professional. Where did you get it done? Are those LED's sufficient?
I bought these LEDs from Sandya Motors and fitting was done by that small garage below. They first wanted to fit this on crash guard, but I persuaded them to fit as seen now. These LEDs do complement the main headlights quite well and have a good throw on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Regarding the WB giving that odd Misfire, its actually the POP Sound that you get when you release the throttle abruptly. These are bound to happen on any 4 stroke machine and you need not worry much about it.

It is not a Free Flow Exhaust as you have put only the End Can. The Bend still has the Catalytic Converter which will block the free flow.

Lastly, Uday is a fantastic gentleman to deal with. Been regularly visiting their service station and touch wood, there has been no issues so far

Your ride looks neat though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For the misfiring,kindly check the joint where you have attached the wildboar to the bend pipe. Check for any leakage i.e any exhaust gas leaking. Most probably the misfiring should stop or subdue once you take care of the leakage.
Thanks for your compliments. Yes, its more of a POP sound than misfire, which is almost gone now and rarely happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argan365 View Post
Congrats on the long hassle free ownership so far. The TB500 has been one of the more niggle free bikes that RE has ever launch and I'm hopeful that this uptick continues.

Do I see a custom seating setup on your ride with added cushioning. I have been thinking the same for my TB500 as I too am a little over 6ft and sometimes feel the cushioning is not sufficient.

It will be great if you could share where you got it done in Bangalore. Rao seats is what comes to my mind unless there is an even better guy.

On the Electra handlebars, have you managed a long ride and how has the comfort been as compared to the stock ones ?

Thanks,
Arvind
Thanks for your complements.
Yes, the seats customization and extra cushion for pillion seat back rest were done at Rao Seats for Rs.700/-. They were quite professional and completed the work in about 2 hours on a Friday afternoon.
I did a 400 kms ride with the Electra handlebar few months back and must admit that the stock ones felt better for long rides as you tend to unconsciously crouch more with Electra bars whereas it would mostly be a relaxed/straight back posture on stock bars. However, Electra handlebar works well within city limits for those short bursts.
Old 18th January 2017, 08:22   #50
BHPian

A quick update -
My Bull is completing 4 years of hassle free ownership and has covered about 20k kms till now.**touchwood**

The original factory fitted battery gave up finally last night and was promptly replaced with another Exide.

Also, Wildboar's glasswool didn't last long enough - hardly about 10k kms. I intend to find a more reliable, less bassy exhaust and replace the stock one that's back on.
ventoman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 17:10   #51
BHPian

Its great to know that you have completed 4 years of hassle free ownership of the TB500.

4 months back I also purchased my TB350 Marine and it has behaved really well. We have just recently crossed the 2K mark of mostly leisure riding.
Maybe, I was fortunate enough to not having to face the gruelling waiting period as teh dealer here somehow was very comfortable saying that if I pay the booking amount today I can collect the bike tomorrow.
Only complaint I have and that too against the service centre is that inspite of me telling them during 2nd service that everything is fine with the bike and they should not try to improve anything they fiddled around with the RPM screw etc. It was a discomfort for a couple of days but adjusted the RPM myself and after taht things were hunky dory.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 11:15   #52
BHPian

Folks,

I've been on stock tyres until now (about 25k kms) and last few rides on a wet tarmac prompted me to think of a change. I'm confused between just a tyre change/upgrade (and the options around it) and alloys + tyre change.

Any suggestions on both these choices? My ride is mostly on highways (100kms per week) or within city (10-20kms per week) and rarely any off-roading.
+ Any suggestions for a less bassy exhaust?

Last edited by ventoman : 30th July 2017 at 11:16.
Old 30th July 2017, 17:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been on stock tyres until now (about 25k kms) and last few rides on a wet tarmac prompted me to think of a change. I'm confused between just a tyre change/upgrade (and the options around it) and alloys + tyre change.
Mate I would suggest you to have a look at Ceat Zoom as an option besides the OEM MRF zapper. Ralco Speedblaster is also worth checking out. I am not sure if Michelin makes tyres of those sizes. TVS tyres too has some options but they are limited. I am not sure about good quality branded alloys as they aren't any. Most of them are unbranded Delhi or China stuff.

Quote:
Any suggestions for a less bassy exhaust?
Why don't you stick to the stock exhaust.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 09:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate I would suggest you to have a look at Ceat Zoom as an option besides the OEM MRF zapper. Ralco Speedblaster is also worth checking out. I am not sure if Michelin makes tyres of those sizes. TVS tyres too has some options but they are limited. I am not sure about good quality branded alloys as they aren't any. Most of them are unbranded Delhi or China stuff.
Thanks Mate. will check the Ceat as I heard good feedback from few others too. And yes, almost dropping the idea of alloys due to reliability concerns.

Quote:
Why don't you stick to the stock exhaust.
Missing the thump of my old CI bullet! Wild boar exhaust was close enough (slightly louder though), but didn't last long.
Old 1st August 2017, 11:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Missing the thump of my old CI bullet! Wild boar exhaust was close enough (slightly louder though), but didn't last long.
Well mate the newer UCE's no matter how hard they try to ape the Old CI sound they will never be able to produce it. The so called performance exhausts only amplify the sound and create noise pollution but add no charm to the good old thump. I have two Standard CI's from the 60's and the sound of both on OEM exhaust sounds the best. Stick to the stock exhaust on your Tbird, your neighbours and others will thank you.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:07   #56
BHPian

Finally managed to change the tyres last weekend (got delayed for several reasons). The stock MRFs were replaced by Michelin Sirac Street 3.25 19" on front and Ralco speedblaster 120x80 18" for rear. Oh boy, Ralco makes a world of difference to the bull which you can feel while stationary too!
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 23:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally managed to change the tyres last weekend (got delayed for several reasons). The stock MRFs were replaced by Michelin Sirac Street 3.25 19" on front and Ralco speedblaster 120x80 18" for rear. Oh boy, Ralco makes a world of difference to the bull which you can feel while stationary too!

Hey, where did you change the wheels? Contact details pls.
How are the Michelin's? Any options for rear as well from Michelin?

thanks!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 15:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Hey, where did you change the wheels? Contact details pls.
How are the Michelin's? Any options for rear as well from Michelin?

thanks!

I bought them at Tyre Park - Cherry Agencies in Jaya Nagar 4T block. The Michelin's are definitely very good for front. But I'm thoroughly disappointed with the rear Ralco. Despite the increased width, they don't seem to bite as much as stock MRF even after 3-4k kms of swapping. So I wouldn't recommend Ralco for rear and suggest MRF or Ceat. Can't comment on the Michelin for rear as I don't know anyone using them.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed